Taft- 10

Bankhead- 12

AK

Taft- 14

Bankhead- 10

Total EV

Taft- 259

Bankhead- 244

Closer then expected. Coming down to the tied states again.

1 minute ago, ShortKing said:

image.png.448fc2a18be0b08340fac686df553242.pngThe election of 1956 pitting incumbent President Robert Taft against Hollywood socialite Tallulah Bankhead

I called the last map the worst thing I had ever seen but this has to take the cake.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Rezi said:

Not for nothing... Taft did do better with Wadsworth on the ticket.

Wadsworth can now retire in peace with undeniable proof that he inexplicably provided value to the ticket

Or stay in politics to keep haunting Taft, that’s fine too

• Disagree 1

Faithless Electors

From Taft:

2 from AZ

From Tallulah:

3 from AL

3 from GA

1 from NV

3 from TX

3 from VA

Final EV Totals

Pres Robert Taft- 275

Tallulah Bankhead- 247

George Smathers- 3

Ralph Lawrence Carr- 2

Rev Billy Graham-1

John Connolly- 1

Sen William Knowland- 1

Clare Boothe Luce- 1

VP James Wadsworth, Jr- 1

Walter Judd- 1

Ross Barnett- 1

General Curtis LeMay- 1

William Scranton- 1

Gov Jim Rhodes- 1

• Haha 1

Controversial nominee Tallulah Bankhead has a 50% chance of being able to challenge the results since one of the tied states flipping could send the election into the House.

Rolls 53/50 so no challenge allowed.

The results are final.

@Bushwa777 President Robert Taft has been elected to a 2nd term with new @pman VP Edward Brooke 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

@Bushwa777 Pres Taft for wining reelection gets 5,000pts!

@pman VP Brooke gets 500pts

@10centjimmy Tallulah Bankhead gets -500pts

@MrPotatoTed Harley Staggers Sr gets -100pts

Bonuses/Penalties:

Tallulah Bankhead gets a -1 in all future presidential runs

Harley Staggers gets a -1 in a 1960 presidential run and gains Uncharismatic

Pres Taft gains Naval

VP Brooke loses obscure

6 hours ago, Euri said:

Wadsworth can now retire in peace with undeniable proof that he inexplicably provided value to the ticket

Or stay in politics to keep haunting Taft, that’s fine too

Haha, well, it was a different country then. The Red side was set up for an easy win last time and Wadsworth's blunders made it close. But he did help us win NY so, who knows. Taft thanks him for his service but Brooke fits him better. I do  wonder where this would be without Staggers and his weak candidacy causing mods to max out for us. Might have been the difference as crazy as it is to say.

• Agree 1
  • Based 1

As for the map, it's odd for sure but most of it makes sense. Taft is from the midwest and is a mod (midwest likes mods). Taft's VP is from New England and had some bonuses which helped him out perform there. Florida is always Florida. New York was a gut punch but we knew it'd be close, that's why we campaigned there. LW Pops do better there than other places. We should have done better in the Great Plains but Taft had a -1 or -2 there from cabinet picks and just general incumbency bad luck but we won Illinois which we had to win. Oregon makes no sense, but again, it's a game. Overall it's an ugly map but one that (mostly) makes sense given what we know.

Overall this yet again shows how hard this game is on Presidents. We barely won yet I think we ran a smart campaign while the other side acted like they didn't really want to win when in reality I think they just had too much fun in the primary and then the Staggers pick was what it was.  Incumbency is hard, really hard in this game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pman said:

the other side acted like they didn't really want to win when in reality I think they just had too much fun in the primary and then the Staggers pick was what it was

I'll concede staggers was real dumb and my fault for not looking at his stats before agreeing to Ted's proposal, but let's chalk it up to the youth vote not turning out

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Euri said:

The Staggers pick did seem to rival the Wadsworth one from four years ago, but this time it was less funny and more “Dammit, now Taft will be reelected”

Not that I would ever root against our venerable Blue party, but if we saw a repeat from 1952 where Taft wins at the top of the ballot but the House and Senate go blue anyway, that's not the worst position for me personally to be in

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1