The Political Lounge

Era of Populism AMPU Playtest-2012 Start Date

Rodja

1 minute ago, Murrman104 said:

I dont believe its my choice (at least not fully) right? theres a roll for it ?

Is there? 2.8.4 says that

Additionally, the president can remove a SC Justice by appointing the justice to another office, if the player controlling the justice accepts the new office. 

I'm going to tighten the pot a little.  The only Republicans I'll consider are @Bushwa777 Louis Freeh or @ShortKing Paul A Suttell.

The truth is that I believe my Democrat nominees will be confirmed regardless, and if they're not I still get to choose a moderate blue as the emergency backup.

Still, I offer you the chance to stick in the Supreme Court for approximately 20 more years, if you want it.

9 minutes ago, DJBillyShakes said:

Is there? 2.8.4 says that

Additionally, the president can remove a SC Justice by appointing the justice to another office, if the player controlling the justice accepts the new office. 

Appointments section near the bottom

Screenshot_2023-03-09-00-56-54-23_a1b1bbe5f63d5b96c1a0f87c197ebfae.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No it doesn't but this rule was made due to the shenanigans that occured in the 1960 test where the reds elected a speaker, appointed him ambassador to the u.k and then appointed another speaker to double dip roles . Probably the most important change to come from that test

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Murrman104 said:

No it doesn't but this rule was made due to the shenanigans that occured in the 1960 test where the reds elected a speaker, appointed him ambassador to the u.k and then appointed another speaker to double dip roles . Probably the most important change to come from that test

Don't forget we immediately took the new speaker and appointed him to the Senate and elected another one😂😂

Good times

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Murrman104 said:

Appointments section near the bottom

Screenshot_2023-03-09-00-56-54-23_a1b1bbe5f63d5b96c1a0f87c197ebfae.jpg

At the end of that same page though, it states "Human players can choose whether to accept or decline a nomination regardless of the appointee’s current office, other than Vice President." I would agree that what you screenshot (screenshotted?) should be the rule, just pointing out that this contradicts it.

5 minutes ago, jnewt said:

At the end of that same page though, it states "Human players can choose whether to accept or decline a nomination regardless of the appointee’s current office, other than Vice President." I would agree that what you screenshot (screenshotted?) should be the rule, just pointing out that this contradicts it.

I believe the % chance there was intended to be what CPU would do.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I believe the % chance there was intended to be what CPU would do.

That's how I've understood it. To be frank if I made all the human players abide by those same percentages we'd still be trying to put together 1954's cabinet 😂😭

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

@Arkansas Progressive If you want to retire 80 year old Ruth Bader Ginsberg, I'll replace her with @Arkansas Progressive 46-year-old J Michelle Childs.

Since @Arkansas Progressivehasnt been online for the couple of days we will move for him using CPU rules

RBG needs to roll 75% or more to accept the offer

RBG rolls 65%!

80 yo Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg rejected Pres.Obama offer to retire and will continue serving on the bench. 

• Like 1

@Arkansas Progressive @Rezi @ebrk85 @10centjimmy @MrPotatoTed @jnewt @Bushwa777 @DJBillyShakes @Murrman104 @ShortKing

SC NOMINEES CONFIRMATION PHASE 2013-2015

1.Ketanji Brown Jackson @10centjimmyto replace late Justice Clarence Thomas

2.Louis Freeh @Bushwa777to replace retiring Justice Antonin Scalia

How do your Senators vote on the nominees?

60 votes are needed to confirm a new SC Justice

You have 24 hours to make your moves