The Political Lounge

Era of Populism AMPU Playtest-2012 Start Date

Rodja

So the red team really did go with a Rand/Ron Paul ticket, haha. 

Once again we see the value in ignoring the 1 point for the VP points and just pick the best person from the most important region. Ron Paul looks like he'll be about as useful as our VP in 48 and he almost singlehandedly sank the ticket. His jaunts to his home region and the resulting -2 (or was it -3) hit we received probably cost us the Senate. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, pman said:

Out of curiosity, what traits make a running mate most likely to get a +1 party preference while campaigning? 

Provincial is excellent at getting a regional+1, cosmopolitan is also good but outside your region (so less useful), likable also modifies it iirc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willthescout7 said:

Really the best plan is to just try to hit all the boxes. Whichever party hits more gets the +1. 

Right but my point is picking a qualified non obscure running mate is more important than the initial 1

Edited by pman

35 minutes ago, pman said:

Right but my point is picking a qualified non obscure running mate is more important than the initial 1

Depends on how lucky you feel:

Obscure is 1 out of 3 for a bad roll, 1 of 6 for super bad

Non obscure is a 50/50 shot at plus or minus 1 

Edited by 10centjimmy

3 minutes ago, 10centjimmy said:

Depends on how lucky you feel:

Obscure is 1 out of 3 for a bad roll, 1 of 6 for super bad

Non obscure is a 50/50 shot at plus or minus 1 

Good summation. Personally I never trust the dice. Then again I guess you can pick a weak, obscure vp just to get the initial plus 1 then just keep the running mate home because he/she isn’t forced to do anything except the one vp debate.

Edited by pman
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, pman said:

Good summation. Personally I never trust the dice. Then again I guess you can pick a weak, obscure vp just to get the initial plus 1 then just keep the running mate home because he/she isn’t forced to do anything except the one vp debate.

Sorta. There is a chance of a penalty if you don't send them out. I don't recall what it is because I didn't need to look it up in 52

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Sorta. There is a chance of a penalty if you don't send them out. I don't recall what it is because I didn't need to look it up in 52

Thanks! Then it’s even more so for my original point- pick the best person instead of just chasing that initial point 

Edited by pman

The Democrat 2012 Platform!

(NOTE:  All of these were recommendations by my team.  I've tagged them so you can see who recommended what -- we're hoping to get the ideology boosts from letting teammates choose platform planks.)

Executive Action: Do not enforce marijuana ban @Arkansas Progressive

Foreign: Officially establish friendly but non-diplomatic relations with Taiwan @Rezi

Judicial : Federal Gun Buyback Program @10centjimmy

Econ: Federal Bailout for Small Businesses During Economic Crisis @10centjimmy

Domestic: Set Gradual Reduction of carbon emissions @ebrk85

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Based 1