The Political Lounge

(Board game) Mr. President: The American Presidency

MrPotatoTed

I move a Spec Ops teams to Eastern Europe and the Asia Pacific region.  I attempt a Spec Ops raid on a terror cell in Asia Pacific.  Unfortunately, it goes really badly, with a lot of civilian casualties.  Public approval drops to 28%.  

I invite the leader of India to the White House, rebuilding our alliance to "very close."  

I give a UN speech aimed at making the Asia Pacific region happier with us, but fail.

Russia launches a cyber attack to disrupt European cohesion.  They succeed, creating a major regional crisis in the Eurozone -- Eurozone gets a level 2 terror cell.

Then Russia launches another cyber attack against Eastern European democracies.  Major success!  Russia gains two influence in Eastern Europe (giving them enough to build a base there) and causing a major regional crisis in the Eastern Europe -- adding a level 1 terror cell and yet another Russian influence in the region.

Russia expands its northern flank, giving it an advantage over NATO and creating increased tension for Russia, NATO, and Canada.

53 minutes ago, Willthescout7 said:

Did setup for my initial game on the Normal difficulty, and immediately the Middle-East falls apart. Instantly had a Major Regional Crisis that gave me 4!!!! Level 2 terror groups in the region, plus now I have 2 Civil Wars there. Off to a fantastic start.

I dare you to press the red button. And restart in a new timeline.

Edited by Blockmon

11 minutes ago, Blockmon said:

I dare you to press the red button. And restart in a new timeline.

I'm going to carry on. I'm pausing for the day to give myself time to go over the master actions so I can figure out what path to take forward. Still trying to figure out how military forces work, rogue states, and stuff like that.

• Like 1
  • Based 1

Finished calculating everything.  Surprising no one, I reached the auto-loss scenario at the end of my first year in office -- indicating effectively that everything has gotten so bad that there's no way to pull out of the nose-dive, no sense in playing through the rest of my term, and I am widely considered the least effective President of all time.

Hooray!

I'll be playing again of course.  I think now that I've gotten my feet a little wet, I may try one of the historical scenarios.

asking personally to anyone that owns the game. How big are the actual cards? I want to sleeve them and keep them safe but I don't exactly know which brand will fit them, I am heavily debating on Dragonshield, ultimate gaurd katana, and Ultra pro eclipse. Even so, I am not entirely sure if I need to sleeve them.

My latest game is going very interestingly.  At home, I am killing it.  The public loves me, congress loves me, tons of friends, media is good, economy is booming.  I'm the greatest president of all time.  Except...

China.  Their influence is everywhere.  At one point they had 18 influence on the board.  If I can't fix this before the next time China acts, I will hit the auto-lose condition.  The big problem is the action to remove influence can only be done once per activation phase, and it isn't always successful.  At this point, I think I've got maybe a 1:3 chance of surviving. 

So I am forced to ignore everything else to focus on avoiding the auto-loss, and I'm sure that will kill me down the road.  Terror groups are already starting to become an issue, as I now have a level 4, and a couple of level 3's. 

• Like 2

I just completed the first year in my presidency, and everything is almost fine. 
THE WORLD: Its has gone to shit but I have managed pretty well.
China has expanded its influence everywhere and brought regional stability down everywhere. But I managed to have better relations with them and even was able to have a good summit with them.
Russia was just being a pain in the ass, they help fund north korea and iran. They cyberattacked India and angered pretty much everyone, they don't have any influence but in the EU and Eastern Europe. 
Iran, well they were declared war by Saudi Arabia because GS had attacked Yemen. but within a couple months, UN managed to broker a peace as Saudi Arabia was losing, while yemen lost the war.
north Korea was nothing but a fly compared to the others, they did try to go to war but ROK managed to defuse the situation.
Domestic: Honestly this has been the best area, while I have a lot of opponents in congress and my party hates me. Bipartisanship has been gone to shit but I managed to slip by a Job Creation Bill, which brought us to peak preformance and managed to keep the USA from multiple economical downterms happing in the world. Finally there are no LDI or domestic crisis and public apporval is 70% high. 

so overall doing good but man those crisis cards are so harsh. Also I had a hard time with the rules about war, they felt so confusing and I sometimes had to make up things on the spot to keep the game fair and realistic as the rules never clarifies some of the situations. but man do I love this game, I have no table space so I played this in my floor and once my baby brother comes back from my mom's trip, then looks like I have to rely on TTS or Vassal. 😅

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

So how are the President games doing?

I finished my game and won. the world was still shit but domestically I had been really well. A event card gave me another attribute and I got great society bill passed. those brought me to 70% approval and won the game and got nobel peace prize.

• Thanks 1