The Political Lounge

Moderator Election

DakotaHale

Approval Poll (Anonymous)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which candidates would you approve of being selected as moderators?

• jnewt
    • Rezi
    • matthewyoung123
    • Vicx
    • Pringles
    • Cal
    • Arkansas Progressive
    • Hestia
    • WVProgressive
    • Sean F Kennedy
    • jvikings1
    • Edouard
    • mark2

We will be conducting an approval poll to elect new moderators. The poll will be open until 10PM EST 07/29/2022. Two moderators will be selected, in the case of a tie, a combined approval voting tiebreaker poll will be held. The order of the candidates is by the time they voted on the "who is interested in being a moderator?" poll. Voting is anonymous.

In addition, all members whose accounts were created after the creation of this poll will have their votes discarded to prevent voter fraud.

After the inauguration of the two moderators, @MrPotatoTed and @Dobs will be relieved of their moderator duties (they're already de-facto gone, but still technically moderators), and I will step down as temporary moderator (unless one of the new moderators is absent in a vote in the future).

Approval voting - Wikipedia 
Combined approval voting - Wikipedia 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rezi said:

I hereby propose that we make this a top-3 election. My logic being that the forum has grown in size since its original foundation. 

Rezi scared of a 1v1 smh. Nah, jk. I'm fine with whatever it ends up being.

• Like 1

Just now, Hestia said:

someone is afraid of the L 😛

jk i think the voters were clear in their desire.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Hestia said:

22 minutes ago, Rezi said:

someone is afraid of the L 😛

jk i think the voters were clear in their desire.

This is great for me because I don't have to make a choice between the two of you... Idk if I could have anyways 😛❤️ 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jnewt said:

Off-topic, but this is absolutely absurd. Hopefully that's not a common occurrence haha

Not all the time. But I work in healthcare and we were running a skeleton crew this weekend. I’m sure @MrPotatoTed has had it even worse before lol

It was actually a pretty easy couple of weeks before this week (I also worked 4 10s before the Fri-Sun thing) so it all balanced out.

• Like 1
  • Based 1

• DakotaHale unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 7/24/2022 at 6:26 PM, DakotaHale said:

We will be conducting an approval poll to elect new moderators. The poll will be open until 10PM EST 07/29/2022. Two moderators will be selected, in the case of a tie, a combined approval voting tiebreaker poll will be held. The order of the candidates is by the time they voted on the "who is interested in being a moderator?" poll. Voting is anonymous.

In addition, all members whose accounts were created after the creation of this poll will have their votes discarded to prevent voter fraud.

After the inauguration of the two moderators, @MrPotatoTed and @Dobs will be relieved of their moderator duties (they're already de-facto gone, but still technically moderators), and I will step down as temporary moderator (unless one of the new moderators is absent in a vote in the future).

Approval voting - Wikipedia 
Combined approval voting - Wikipedia 

this is so sad

• Haha 1
  • Based 1