AMPU Modern Day Playtest

Rodja

AMPU Modern Day Playtest  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in AMPU Modern

• Yes,and I'd like to playtesy
    • Yes,but I wouldn't like to playtest
    • No
  2. 2. Which start date would you prefer?

• 2000,would be most tedious to make spreadsheet
    • 2024,continue MrPotatoTed playthrough where it stopped with all alternate events
    • I'm not interested
  3. 3. What party would u like ur faction to belong?

4. 4. Would you volunteer to help me with setting up a spreadsheet?

5. 5. Do you fulfill requirements listed below in topic description?

I had to make this because of how much of a glorious curbstomp this was, but I just want to say that this is, perhaps, the most grotesque map I have ever made or seen

33A1266E-7B8A-4D74-9B81-60C4A5E0278D.png

Edited by Euri
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Euri said:

I had to make this because of how much of a glorious curbstomp this was, but I just want to say that this is, perhaps, the most grotesque map I have ever made or seen

33A1266E-7B8A-4D74-9B81-60C4A5E0278D.png

No regional rhyme or reason. If i had to guess she did surprisingly well with Latino voters despite the stomping (AZ and TX). Wyoming and WV are just so red they're impenetrable under normal circumstances and idk Inslee said Stalin went to easy on the Kulaks but only MT and IA heard about it. 

2 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Let's make it weirder. Rolling for the states that split their electoral votes. RI has one of their 3 votes go to Haley.

So now at 458-80 Inslee.

You know, I have a way to denote that but it’s one electoral vote from the tiniest state so whatever

26 minutes ago, DJBillyShakes said:

@ebrk85 Quick point of order, it looks like Jon Ossoff isn't getting his bonus for being a protégé. Doesn't look like it affected the primary, but just flagging that for the general.

Thanks, formula error. Was picking up the wrong column, fixed now.

• Thanks 1

Retirements & End of Half-Term

@WVProgressive President Nikki Haley will retire after her lop-sided loss. She plans to remain as an elder stateswomen in her party but will not be seeking political office in the future.

@Pringles VP Jim Justice will not be retiring just yet

Defeated Incumbents Retiring

@WVProgressive Sen Meghan McCain

@WVProgressive Sen Andy Harris

@Pringles Sen Bob Haagland

@WVProgressive Rep David Dreier

@dkh64 Rep Rodney Davis

@ShortKing Rep John Moolenar

Defeated Presidential Candidates Retiring

@jnewt Oprah Winfrey

Cabinet Members Retiring

@dkh64 Sec of Interior Glenn Hubbard

@ShortKing Sec of Agriculture Tate Reeves

@pman Sec of Commerce Kathleen Sebelius

@Pringles National Security Advisor Robert Zoellick

Age 75+ Retirees

@Pringles Fmr Rep Alan Keyes

@Pringles Dan Patrick

@Pringles Fmr Cabinet member Ben Carson

@dkh64 Fmr Sen Roy Blunt

@dkh64 Dana Fabe

@dkh64 Fmr Sen Burgess Owens

@dkh64 John Suthers

@dkh64 Todd Tiarht

@dkh64 Fmr Sen Roger Wicker

@ShortKing John Kennedy

@ShortKing Bill Simon

@WVProgressive Fmr Sen Jo Ann Emerson

@WVProgressive Bobby Dryer

@WVProgressive Fmr Gov Bill Walker

@WVProgressive Norton Schwartz

@Murrman104 Joyce Beatty

@pman Fmr Sen Chuck Schumer

@pman Fmr AG Eric Holder

@pman Fmr Rep Elijiah Cummings

@pman Tony Evers

@DJBillyShakes Fred Hubbell

Old Age Rolls

@Pringles Justice Andrew Napolitano gains Pliable

@Pringles Fmr VP Jim Justice loses -1 Admin (now has none)

@dkh64 Gov Chandler Woodcock loses -1 Admin (now is a 0 in everything lol)

@ShortKing Sen Mike Enzi gains Passive

@ShortKing Gov Rick Perry gains Passive

@WVProgressive Chairman of the Joint Chiefs George W Casey Jr gains Easily Overwhelmed

@WVProgressive Sen Tom Cole gains Easily Overwhelmed

@WVProgressive Sen Deb Fischer gains Pliable

@WVProgressive Fmr Rep Jim Douglas gains Pliable

@jnewt Sen Dick Durbin gains Uncharismatic

@jnewt Gov Richard Blumenthal loses -1 Legis (now 0)

@jnewt Sen Howard Dean loses -1 Gov

@jnewt Sen Elizabeth Warren loses -1 Command

@jnewt Speaker Ron Wyden loses -1 Legis

@jnewt Gov Gary Locke loses -1 Gov

@jnewt President Jay Inslee loses Likable

@jnewt Rep Albio Sires gains Pliable

@jnewt Rep Hamilton Fish V gains Pliable

@pman Rep Bobby Scott gains Pliable

@pman Sen Debbie Stabenow loses -1 Legis

@pman Sen Robert Torricelli loses -1 Admin (now 0)

@pman Rep Gwen Moore gains Pliable

@DJBillyShakes Sen Jack Reed loses -1 Command (now 0)

@DJBillyShakes HUD Secretary Tom Vilsack gains Pliable

@DJBillyShakes Ron Klink gains Easily Overwhelmed

Whew so many old folks!

Score Leaders Senate Votes House Votes
Blue 25870 Pres Jay Inslee 49 263
Murrman 3500 Senate Minority Leader Brian Schatz 8 76
Jnewt 12565 President Jay Inslee 21 91
pman 4265 Senator Cory Booker 12 55
DJBilly 5540 Mr. Beto O'Rourke 8 41
  Score Leaders Senate Votes House Votes
Red 37055   51 168
EricCPU 13360 Gov Ron DeSantis 17 71
dkh64 7775 Mr. Marco Rubio 14 35
ShortKing 8895 Gov Rick Perry 7 48
WVProgressive 7025   13 14

@Murrman104 @jnewt @pman @DJBillyShakes @WVProgressive @dkh64 @ShortKing @Pringles

Ok so some thoughts of mine. I was originally going to end this playtest after the 2024 elections and the end of the modern era but some others (cough @pman cough) wanted to keep going (you regretting that yet Pres Haley lol).  With the issues in the set-up and initial running (ask @Pringles about the 2020 election 😛) this playtest doesn't offer any value as a playtest and is really just for fun at this point. Which is fine in its own right. And with any changes mainly being held until early release, to be frank most playtests are more just for fun while we wait right now. But I am glad we have these tests in the meantime. And a few things coming up have still been useful to see (see 1928 and impeachment rules that just popped up). So having said all that I wanted to see what everyone's opinion was. It's all of ours test and if you all want to continue I will.  If we end apologies to those who just recently joined us including Pringles just yesterday.

While we all question @MrPotatoTed sanity 😛 starting up another test while in multiple others and having a busy life; there might be something a matter with me as well!  I was contemplating starting a new test if this ones ends.  I can't do another modern test version. The set-up and then creating generated pols to draft as we move along is too much work for me right now.  If we wanted a more modern test I could possibly do Era of Terror with 2000 start.  Or we could go early America (but not Independence we've had so many of them).  Everyone in this test would get first dibs on a faction.  And for @jnewt I'd offer the faction of the President since we'd be depriving you of your term as Pres Inslee.

So let me know your thoughts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

@Murrman104 @jnewt @pman @DJBillyShakes @WVProgressive @dkh64 @ShortKing @Pringles

Ok so some thoughts of mine. I was originally going to end this playtest after the 2024 elections and the end of the modern era but some others (cough @pman cough) wanted to keep going (you regretting that yet Pres Haley lol).  With the issues in the set-up and initial running (ask @Pringles about the 2020 election 😛) this playtest doesn't offer any value as a playtest and is really just for fun at this point. Which is fine in its own right. And with any changes mainly being held until early release, to be frank most playtests are more just for fun while we wait right now. But I am glad we have these tests in the meantime. And a few things coming up have still been useful to see (see 1928 and impeachment rules that just popped up). So having said all that I wanted to see what everyone's opinion was. It's all of ours test and if you all want to continue I will.  If we end apologies to those who just recently joined us including Pringles just yesterday.

While we all question @MrPotatoTed sanity 😛 starting up another test while in multiple others and having a busy life; there might be something a matter with me as well!  I was contemplating starting a new test if this ones ends.  I can't do another modern test version. The set-up and then creating generated pols to draft as we move along is too much work for me right now.  If we wanted a more modern test I could possibly do Era of Terror with 2000 start.  Or we could go early America (but not Independence we've had so many of them).  Everyone in this test would get first dibs on a faction.  And for @jnewt I'd offer the faction of the President since we'd be depriving you of your term as Pres Inslee.

If you begin another test and anyone here declines just know I’m also interested! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

I'm open to a different era

12 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

As long as I get to be in the new playtest I have no qualms whatsoever! I only wanted to join back to continue learning the game myself. War on Terror era sounds right up my ally, but I've also been interested in the era before WW2, and any early-ish America sounds fun, maybe Jacksonian era or after the Civil War? Either way, whatever the rest of the gang decides, I'm cool with it as long as I am in it. 😛 

• Like 2

I'm starting to worry I'm a curse on these playtests 😅 But I see the logic of moving on, and it's not like I have any attachment to my faction. I'd happily move to a new era. I think an earlier era, like starting in 1800, could be fun. A lot of playtests started earlier, so this era has never really been played as the start point. But any era is fun to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2