AMPU Modern Day Playtest

Rodja

AMPU Modern Day Playtest  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in AMPU Modern

• Yes,and I'd like to playtesy
    • Yes,but I wouldn't like to playtest
    • No
  2. 2. Which start date would you prefer?

• 2000,would be most tedious to make spreadsheet
    • 2024,continue MrPotatoTed playthrough where it stopped with all alternate events
    • I'm not interested
  3. 3. What party would u like ur faction to belong?

4. 4. Would you volunteer to help me with setting up a spreadsheet?

5. 5. Do you fulfill requirements listed below in topic description?

Just now, Euri said:

You bring him a stupid case and he shoots you out of the Supreme Court

He would pave the way for entertainment Justices. If Andrew Jackson is a Justice in a timeline it leads to Supreme Court Justice "JUDGE JUDY" 

That. Is. Based. 😛 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pringles said:

He would pave the way for entertainment Justices. If Andrew Jackson is a Justice in a timeline it leads to Supreme Court Justice "JUDGE JUDY" 

That. Is. Based. 😛 

I mean, hopefully in that universe the practice of shooting the losing counsel dead is phased out

• Haha 2

I'd love to hear from Jnewt since he'd be President. I do think it's very fair for him to be President if we start another Playtest. Personally, I don't see the point in starting in 2000. In a few turns, we'd just be back to where so many playtests have been (including this one).  I think another Early Republic playtest would be interesting. Has one started with Washington's term? Personally, that's where I am starting the game when the CPU comes out. I am open to whatever though. Whatever our GM wants- Eric is the one doing most of the work.

If I we were to restart with another playtest, my preference would be one where the president (and my faction) are left of center, as I prefer to operate somewhat close to where I am IRL politically. Being extreme right wing would be my second option, but I think Trump is the only RW Pop President we’ve had and I don’t think we need another modern day test. I tried playing as the RW Pop faction in the 2012 playtest, but that one died almost as soon as it started. I’m not sure what start dates that leaves, but 1976 comes to mind. Have there been enough civil war playtests?

I’m open to whatever though, I’d just prefer to be left of center. 

• Like 1
  • Based 1

2 minutes ago, jnewt said:

If I we were to restart with another playtest, my preference would be one where the president (and my faction) are left of center, as I prefer to operate somewhat close to where I am IRL politically. Being extreme right wing would be my second option, but I think Trump is the only RW Pop President we’ve had and I don’t think we need another modern day test. I tried playing as the RW Pop faction in the 2012 playtest, but that one died almost as soon as it started. I’m not sure what start dates that leaves, but 1976 comes to mind. Have there been enough civil war playtests?

I don’t have all of the eras in my head but I feel like if there’s one that starts with FDR (32?) it’d be epic. I’ve just really wanted to see a play test that goes through WW2. But that might be just me. Figured id give a good example for you though (if the era dates are applicable) for you to be a left of center President haha. 

5 minutes ago, jnewt said:

could always do 1992

• Like 1

Tons of good ideas. I'll throw another one into the ring- 1968 is one of the most important years in American history. It's one with tons of global events that could factor into the game. We could start in 1968. That'd be fun. Plus our one 60s playtest stopped short of 68. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Murrman104 said:

1972 is the era change to the era of Neocons iirc

It would also start right after LBJ’s re-election, meaning that the field in 1976 would be wide open on both sides for a competitive primary.

@Murrman104 @jnewt @pman @DJBillyShakes @WVProgressive @dkh64 @ShortKing @Pringles

Ok thank you all for the feedback so far. I don't see anyone advocating hard for continuing this playtest so I think we are going to officially end it here.

For any new test start date, it must be the date a new era begins. One of the issues we ran into with this test was it started in the middle of an era.

Independence 1774- plenty done already

Federalism 1788- Washington- some of the very 1st tests started here but not recently

Republicanism 1800- Jefferson- none has started here that I am aware of

Democracy 1820- Monroe- ditto

Manifest Destiny 1840- Harrison- our only Civil War test started here

Nationalism 1856- Buchanan- no starts here

Gilded Age 1868- Grant- newest test started here so that's out

Progressivism 1892- Cleveland- none have started here

Normalcy 1916- Wilson- one started here

Ideologies 1928- Hoover- this is the WWII test but we have a current test on this going so this one's out

Nuclear Age 1948- Truman- my other active test so no

Neocons- 1972- Nixon- none have started here

Terror- 2000- Bush- ditto

Populism- 2012- Obama- just no, not happening 🙂

So I think I would lean to one of the earlier starts, 1788, 1800, 1820 but I would be open to running any of the eras we haven't started a game from yet.  Let me know what your first choice(s) would be. If there is a general consensus I'll prob defer to that but ultimately I will make the final decision.

7 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

@Murrman104 @jnewt @pman @DJBillyShakes @WVProgressive @dkh64 @ShortKing @Pringles

Ok thank you all for the feedback so far. I don't see anyone advocating hard for continuing this playtest so I think we are going to officially end it here.

For any new test start date, it must be the date a new era begins. One of the issues we ran into with this test was it started in the middle of an era.

Federalism 1788- Washington- some of the very 1st tests started here but not recently

Ideologies 1928- Hoover- this is the WWII test but we have a current test on this going so this one's out

So I think I would lean to one of the earlier starts, 1788, 1800, 1820 but I would be open to running any of the eras we haven't started a game from yet.  Let me know what your first choice(s) would be. If there is a general consensus I'll prob defer to that but ultimately I will make the final decision.

I'd play in either 1800 or 1820!

10 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

1. 1972 

2. 1892

3. 1800

Edited by Pringles

15 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

1800 or 1820 would be my votes.

• Like 1

Since Jnewt is going to be the President I feel like 1892 would be good for him (1916 too) (assuming we see others show interest in 1892 or 1916.) It will pain me too much to be in 1972 and not be Nixon (even though I would love that.) 😛 

43 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

We did a Bush 2000 playthrough, but it was years ago and most current rules weren’t in place.  That playthrough is what inspired me to create an actual House of Representatives similar to the Senate — it used to just be “if you don’t have a job, you’re a Rep” which I used to launch Rudy Guliani to Speaker of the House by 2002. Haha

• Like 1