The Political Lounge

AMPU Updates

30 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Update: Finished OH. Should get on to OK, OR, and PA tomorrow, unless something interferes. About to head out an doubt I'll get on to these three states today. On pace to finish on Friday. 

@ConservativeElector2 @MrPotatoTed

I've finished Wisconsin yesterday. 

• Thanks 1

Update: Finished VA! The last big state. I'll finish the remaining 30ish politicians tomorrow (VT and WA). 

@ConservativeElector2, if you could finish any politicians you started but did not finish tomorrow that would be great. If you are at a stopping point, then don't worry about filling out the rest. You've been very helpful. Thanks!

@MrPotatoTed I'm going to spend through Thursday going through CE2's politicians and then filling in any holes I noticed. I also need to put in the historical relocation dates and the historical party flip dates. On Friday, I should be able to jump on the rules.

It shouldn't take me more than a week to finish the rules, I'm assuming. After that, I'll ping Anthony. After that, I'll just need to go through all the spreadsheets again to fix any inconsistencies and finish the Era of the Future. Following that, I'll probably work on the screens again. Then I'll just keep going over everything unless Anthony needs me to help with something. If he doesn't start working on it by Aug 1st, then I'll email other people. 

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

@ConservativeElector2, if you could finish any politicians you started but did not finish tomorrow that would be great. If you are at a stopping point, then don't worry about filling out the rest. You've been very helpful. Thanks!

Today evening I'll gain more free time again. The last couple of days I had to focus on an important exam and presentation today.

7 hours ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Today evening I'll gain more free time again. The last couple of days I had to focus on an important exam and presentation today.

Just finish WI or whatever state you're on. I'll do all those that are not yet filled out.

Update: I've now gone over @ConservativeElector2's work. Great job! I barely had to alter anything. However, I didn't spend too much time thinking about the ideologies. Some may be adjusted during development. 

I'm now going to add historical party switch dates and historical relocation. After that, I realize I need to give a politician_id to everyone. I'll probably fill out the dynasty column also. Should still finish by Friday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Update: I've now gone over @ConservativeElector2's work. Great job! I barely had to alter anything. However, I didn't spend too much time thinking about the ideologies. Some may be adjusted during development. 

I'm now going to add historical party switch dates and historical relocation. After that, I realize I need to give a politician_id to everyone. I'll probably fill out the dynasty column also. Should still finish by Friday.

I've no idea how politician_ids eventually need to look like, but for the sake of easiness I'd use something like graham1955 or lindseygraham1955. The probability, that there are two people with the same surname and birth year is low.

10 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

I've no idea how politician_ids eventually need to look like, but for the sake of easiness I'd use something like graham1955 or lindseygraham1955. The probability, that there are two people with the same surname and birth year is low.

it's going to be firstname_lastname and with an initial or a # to differentiate them.