The Political Lounge

Era of Populism AMPU Playtest-2012 Start Date

Rodja

20 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

We will go with Sen John Kerry.

Sen.Kerry gets Passive,Kingmaker

19 minutes ago, DJBillyShakes said:

Actually, we will choose Kevin McCarthy as faction leader and run him for party leader.

Rep.McCarthy gets Disharmonius

13 minutes ago, Rezi said:

Our leader will be none other than Diamond Joe!

VP Biden gets +1 command,Manipulative,

13 minutes ago, ShortKing said:

John McCain will be our new faction leader, and he will not be running for party leader. 

We will be known as the McCain Republicans.

Sen.McCain gets +1 admin,Lowbrow

12 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

Mitch will be our new faction leader.  Sure let us run for party leader 

Sen.McConnell gets nothing

12 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Steve Bannon will be our faction leader and will run for party leader

Mr.Bannon gets +1 command

GOP PARTY LEADER ELECTION

Kevin McCarthy @DJBillyShakes

1 Kingmaker,rolls a 5

Endorsed by @ShortKing1 kingmaker,rolls a 1

Endorsed by @Bushwa7770 kingmakers,rolls a 4

Endorsed by @Murrman1040 kingmakers,rolls a 2

14 votes

Steve Bannon @jnewt

4 Kingmakers,rolls a 5

9 votes

@Bushwa777 @Murrman104

Who do you support?

Edited by Rodja

PRESIDENTIAL APPOINTMENTS PHASE 2013

Action to Pres.Barack Obama @MrPotatoTedto appoint all cabinet and cabinet-level officials for his 2nd term in office.

You can keep up to 5 incumbents

REQUIREMENTS

Regardless of who appoints them, all appointees other than military   must meet the following requirements

• at least 2 admin ability, unless there are no other available. 

• A maximum of 16 years as a Secretary, cabinet-level officer, and/or ambassador, total.  (Military service does not count against this 16 year period)

• Relevant expertise (see below)

• A politician who has previously been fired or quit due to an event or botched implementation roll cannot be appointed to any office again.

President Barack Obama MrPotatoTed
Vice President Joe Biden Rezi
    Faction
State Hillary Clinton 10Cent
Treasury Timothy Geithner MrPotatoTed
Defense Robert Gates #N/A
Attorney General Eric Holder ebrk85
Interior Sally Jewell 10Cent
Agriculture Tom Vilsack MrPotatoTed
Commerce Penny Pritzker ebrk85
Labor Hilda Solis ARProg
Health & HS Kathleen Sebelius MrPotatoTed
HUD Shaun Donovan ebrk85
Transportation Anthony Foxx ARProg
Energy Ernest Moinz #N/A
Education John King Jr. ARProg
Veteran's Affairs Eric Shinseki #N/A
Homeland Security Janet Napolitano 10Cent
\    
Director/Nat Intel David Petraeus Murrman
FBI Director James Comey Murrman
UN Ambassador Susan Rice Rezi
Fed Reserve Chair Janet Yellen MrPotatoTed
Nat. Sec. Advisor Thomas E.Donilon #N/A

Key Advisor   #N/A

Ambassador to UK   #N/A
Ambassador to France   #N/A
Ambassador to Spain   #N/A
Ambassador to Germany   #N/A
Ambassador to Russia   #N/A
Ambassador to China   #N/A
Ambassador to Japan   #N/A
Ambassador to Israel   #N/A

You have 24 hours

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Will do my best, but the next 24 hours is jam packed with massive homework (plus actual work).  Might need to request an extension but will do my best to power through it.

I'm sure John Boehner and Mitch McConnell will be glad to choose the best people possible for America. Let me know and I will talk to them- Fred Thompson 

• Haha 1

@Rodja Heads up on this piece, now that Obama is pliable.

If the President would normally make all appointments, but the President is Pliable or Passive and the President’s party’s Senate Leader has Iron Fist:  If the President is pliable, there is a 50% chance the Iron-Fisted same-party Senate Leader makes a nomination.  If the President is passive, 75%.  If the President is both pliable and passive, 100%.  Roll for each available office.   Regardless of who makes the nomination, only five incumbent Cabinet, cabinet-level, and ambassador appointees can be retained.   They must name nominees to fill all vacant positions, unless otherwise specified below.  (Moving an incumbent to a new position does not count against the five incumbent limit, but they must pass Senate confirmation again).

In other words, there's a 50/50 chance that @Rezi Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid may get to make an appointment (roll for each appointment).

So action to @Rodja to roll the 50/50 chance for each position so Harry and I know which positions we're each responsible for.  Thank you!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Whoops, correcting myself here @Rodja.  I missed that the Senate Majority Leader has to have iron-fist for this to apply.  @Rezi Harry Reid does not have iron-fist, so these appointments are all for me to make after all.

Well for a while it seemed President Obama was willing to share power.  Guess not-Fred Thompson 

Alright -- let's do this thing!  This is my reward for (kind of) finishing today's homework on time.  Mostly.  Sort of.

As we head into Obama's second term, he'll nominate:

KEY ADVISOR (no confirmation required):  @ebrk85 MA Senator and faction leader John Kerry.

SECRETARY OF STATE: @Arkansas Progressive Sec of Labor Hilda Solis. 3 admin. Woman. Hispanic. Controversial. Confirmation Vote Required

SECRETARY OF TREASURY: @Rezi Marcia Fudge. 3 Admin. Woman. Black. Confirmation Vote Required

SECRETARY OF DEFENSE: (Mine) Pete Buttigieg. 5 admin. LGBT. Confirmation Vote Required

ATTORNEY GENERAL: (Mine) Jennifer Granholm. 4 admin. Woman. Confirmation Vote Required

----
SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE: (Mine) Penny Pritzker. 3 admin. Woman. (Automatically confirmed)

SECRETARY OF INTERIOR: @ebrk85   Janet Mills. 2 admin. Woman. Confirmation Vote Required

SECRETARY OF COMMERCE: @Rezi Susan Rice. 3 admin. Woman. Black. (Automatically confirmed)

SECRETARY OF LABOR: @10centjimmy Janet Napolitano.  4 Admin. Woman. (Automatically confirmed)

SECRETARY OF HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES: @Rezi Marty Walsh. 3 admin. (Automatically confirmed)

SECRETARY OF HOUSING & URBAN DEVELOPMENT: (Mine) Sec of Agriculture Tom Vilsack. 4 Admin. (Automatically confirmed)

SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION:  @Arkansas Progressive Linda Thomas-Greenfield. 2 admin. Woman. Requires Confirmation Vote

SECRETARY OF ENERGY: (Mine) Kathleen Sebelius. 4 Admin. Woman. (Automatically confirmed)

SECRETARY OF EDUCATION: @ebrk85 Arne Duncan. 3 Admin. (Automatically confirmed).

SECRETARY OF VETERANS AFFAIRS: (Mine) Fred Hochberg. 2 Admin. LGBTQ. Egghead. Requires Confirmation Vote

SECRETARY OF HOMELAND SECURITY: (Mine) Denis McDonough. 4 Admin. Efficient, egghead. (Automatically confirmed)
---------------
CIA DIRECTOR: Fire @Murrman104 David Petraus. Replace with @Rezi Tom Perez. 3 Admin. Hispanic. (Automatically confirmed)

FBI DIRECTOR: The exec sheet says the incumbent is James Comey, but actually it should be Robert Mueller , who isn't in the game and would be at the end of his 10-year tenure anyway.  Comey wasn't appointed until 2013.  So Obama appoints @Rezi Eric Holder to fill the vacancy.  3 Admin, Black. (Automatically confirmed)

UN AMBASSADOR: @10centjimmy Jack Lew. 3 Admin. (Automatically confirmed)

FED RESERVE CHAIR: (Mine) William Daley. 3 Admin. (Automatically confirmed)

NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR: @Rezi Gary Locke. 3 Admin. Efficient, Controversial, Asian. (No confirmation needed)

JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF:  @ShortKing Gina Haspel. 3 Admin. Woman. Republican. Controversial.  Requires Confirmation Vote. 

(Military and ambassador nominations coming up next)

Edited by MrPotatoTed

UK Ambassador: @10centjimmy Avril Haines. 3 Admin. Woman. (Automatically confirmed. 

French Ambassador: @10centjimmy NY Governor Andrew Cuomo. 3 Admin. Controversial. Confirmation Vote Required. Will need a new NY Gov if confirmed.

Spanish Ambassador: @Murrman104 John Kelly. 3 Admin. Republican. (Automatically confirmed)

German Ambassador: @10centjimmy Jeh Johnson. 3 Admin. Black. (Automatically confirmed)

Russian Ambassador: @Murrman104 Carlos Gutierrez. 3 Admin. Hispanic. Republican. (Automatically Confirmed)

Chinese Ambassador: @ebrk85 Anthony Blinken. 3 Admin. (Automatically confirmed)

Japanese Ambassador: @Rezi Samantha Power. 3 Admin. (Automatically confirmed)

Israel Ambassador: @10centjimmy Sally Jewell.  3 Admin. Woman. (Automatically confirmed)

Chief of Naval Operations: @10centjimmy John M Richardson. 1 Admin.  (Yes, 1 admin was best I could do. Literally no one from either party could beat that for this position.) Requires Confirmation Vote

Admiral @Arkansas Progressive John C Aquillino 3 military. Auto confirmation.

Admiral @ebrk85 Michael T Franken 3 Military. Auto Confirmation,

Admiral @Rezi Jared Golden 3 Military 3 Auto confirmation.

Still need to appoint more Admirals and Generals, but it's almost 6 AM and I haven't gone to bed yet. Ha. 

7 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

FED RESERVE CHAIR: (Mine) William Daley. 3 Admin. (Automatically confirmed)

Daley has a 75% chance of declining since he’s held office before 

SECRETARY OF STATE: @Arkansas Progressive Sec of Labor Hilda Solis. 3 admin. Woman. Hispanic. Controversial. Confirmation Vote Required

Vote no

SECRETARY OF INTERIOR: @ebrk85   Janet Mills. 2 admin. Woman. Confirmation Vote Required

Vote no

*see further votes below

Edited by jnewt
Had my playtests mixed up

5 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Vote no

SECRETARY OF TREASURY: @Rezi Marcia Fudge. 3 Admin. Woman. Black. Confirmation Vote Required

Vote yes

SECRETARY OF DEFENSE: (Mine) Pete Buttigieg. 5 admin. LGBT. Confirmation Vote Required

Vote no

ATTORNEY GENERAL: (Mine) Jennifer Granholm. 4 admin. Woman. Confirmation Vote Required

Vote no

Vote yes 

SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION:  @Arkansas Progressive Linda Thomas-Greenfield. 2 admin. Woman. Requires Confirmation Vote

Vote yes

SECRETARY OF VETERANS AFFAIRS: (Mine) Fred Hochberg. 2 Admin. LGBTQ. Egghead. Requires Confirmation Vote

Vote no

JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF:  @ShortKing Gina Haspel. 3 Admin. Woman. Republican. Controversial.  Requires Confirmation 

Vote yes

4 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Chief of Naval Operations: @10centjimmy John M Richardson. 1 Admin.  (Yes, 1 admin was best I could do. Literally no one from either party could beat that for this position.) Requires Confirmation Vot

Vote yes

9 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Nay

Nay

Nay

As well as Nay on those in my previous comment. We will vote AYE on everyone else.

Edited by jnewt

8 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Nay

SECRETARY OF INTERIOR: @ebrk85   Janet Mills. 2 admin. Woman.

Nay

SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION:  @Arkansas Progressive Linda Thomas-Greenfield. 2 admin. Woman.

Nay

SECRETARY OF VETERANS AFFAIRS: (Mine) Fred Hochberg. 2 Admin. LGBTQ. Egghead. 

Nay

As for the rest of the nominees, we will be voting to confirm.