The Political Lounge

1868: The Gilded Age Playtest

George E Lounsbury- (2) Improve a Burgeoning Industry (manufacturing)

Preston Lea- (2)       Improve a Burgeoning Industry (Manufacturing)

Shelby Cullom- (2)  Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President

Joseph W McClurg- (1)   Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President

Thomas C Power (1)     Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President

David Butler-  (1)           Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President

Warner Miller (1)            Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President

Rutherford B Hayes (3)  Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President

Charles H Sheldon  (1)   Improve a Burgeoning Industry (manufacturing)

Samuel E Pingree    (1)    Improve a Burgeoning Industry  (manufacturing)

Above are Pman Mod, below are Pman RW

Ambrose Burnside- (3)   Improve a Burgeoning Industry  (manufacturing)

Samuel J Kirkwood- (2) Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President

Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain (2) Improve a Burgeoning Industry (manufacturing)

Henry G Blasdel (2) Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President

Lemuel D Evans (1)  Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President

Henry Huntley Haight (2) Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President

Edited by pman
  • Thanks 1

This might be a better question for the rules thread, but I wanted an opinion.  For the gov action Abolish State Death Penalty, one of the requirements is "Governor has Judicial, Human Rights, or Civil Rights".  For judicial, does that mean a point in judicial, or having justice?  And where is human rights?  I don't see it anywhere.

William J McConnel - ID (2): Strengthen Labor Unions

James M Harvey - KS (1): Raise Taxes

David Jerome - MI (3): Make Lynching Illegal

James L Alcorn - MS (1): Major Irrigation Project

Benjamin F Prescott - NH (1): Improve Burgeoning Industry (Manufacturing)

Martin Delany - SC (1): Repeal State Segregation Laws

William D Hoard - WI (2): Improve Burgeoning Industry (Agriculture)

Joshua Lyman - WY (1): Increase State Gov Jobs

1 hour ago, Umbrella said:

This might be a better question for the rules thread, but I wanted an opinion.  For the gov action Abolish State Death Penalty, one of the requirements is "Governor has Judicial, Human Rights, or Civil Rights".  For judicial, does that mean a point in judicial, or having justice?  And where is human rights?  I don't see it anywhere.

Im going to say judicial point and human rights is a lobby

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dkh64 said:

We also seem to have a lot of governors and the leading industries seemed to be off, at least for a couple of my states. Didn't want to screw with any of the pages and mess anything up, though.

I assume you are talking about column B on the Industries tab.  If so, that is manually entered, and may not be reliable.  I use column C, and then reference the specific industry value in column C.  That column is auto calculated.  So for Alabama, column C says Agriculture is the leading industry, then I look to the right and see Agriculture is 6.  To be honest, I'm not sure what column B is used for.

If that's not what you are talking about, disregard.

Edited by Umbrella
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Umbrella said:

I assume you are talking about column B on the Industries tab.  If so, that is manually entered, and may not be reliable.  I use column C, and then reference the specific industry value in column C.  That column is auto calculated.  So for Alabama, column C says Agriculture is the leading industry, then I look to the right and see Agriculture is 6.  To be honest, I'm not sure what column B is used for.

If that's not what you are talking about, disregard.

Col b is for notes and i ignore that

5 hours ago, EYates said:

LA: Agriculture

MD: Maritime

UT: Mining

KY: John G Carlisle (Gov 1): No Term Limits for Governors: Failed 34/20

MD: Oden Bowie (Gov 2): Improve a Burgeoning Industry: Failed 59/40

UT: Martin Cooper (Gov 2): Improve a Burgeoning Industry: Success 4/40.  +1 for Mining in Utah 

LA: Samuel D McErney (Gov 2): Improve a Burgeoning Industry: Fails 74/40 

6 hours ago, pman said:

George E Lounsbury- (2) Improve a Burgeoning Industry (manufacturing): Fails 59/40

Preston Lea- (2)       Improve a Burgeoning Industry (Manufacturing): Success 25/40. +1 to Manufacturing. 

Shelby Cullom- (2)  Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President: Automatic Success. No party pref, no bonus in state

Joseph W McClurg- (1)   Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President. Automatic Success. No party pref, no bonus in state

Thomas C Power (1)     Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President. Automatic Success. No Party pref, no bonus in state. 

David Butler-  (1)           Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President. Automatic Success. No party pref, no bonus in state.

Warner Miller (1)            Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President. Automatic Success. No party pref, no bonus in state. 

Rutherford B Hayes (3)  Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President. Automatic Success. No party pref, no bonus in state. 

Charles H Sheldon  (1)   Improve a Burgeoning Industry (manufacturing). Fails 34/20

Samuel E Pingree    (1)    Improve a Burgeoning Industry  (manufacturing). Fails 59/20

Above are Pman Mod, below are Pman RW

Ambrose Burnside- (3)   Improve a Burgeoning Industry  (manufacturing). Success 24/60.  +1 to Manufacturing. 

Samuel J Kirkwood- (2) Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President. Automatic Success. No party pref, no bonus in state. 

Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain (2) Improve a Burgeoning Industry (manufacturing). Success 30/40. +1 to manufacturing. 

Henry G Blasdel (2) Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President. Automatic Success. No party pref, no bonus in state

Lemuel D Evans (1)  Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President. Automatic Success. No party pref, no bonus in state. 

Henry Huntley Haight (2) Use Office to Routinely Praise Incumbent President. Automatic Success. No bonus in state, party pref would have gone up but it is +3 max toward GOP already 

2 hours ago, Umbrella said:

William J McConnel - ID (2): Strengthen Labor Unions. Success 15/40. Rev budget and Quality of life meters do not change. 

James M Harvey - KS (1): Raise Taxes. Fails 89/20

David Jerome - MI (3): Make Lynching Illegal. Success 15/60. Quality of Life does not go up.  @ebrk85 do you need to make this a category in state? 

James L Alcorn - MS (1): Major Irrigation Project. Fails 65/20

Benjamin F Prescott - NH (1): Improve Burgeoning Industry (Manufacturing). Fails 55/20

Martin Delany - SC (1): Repeal State Segregation Laws. Success 10/20. Quality of Life does not go up. 100 points to @Umbrella

William D Hoard - WI (2): Improve Burgeoning Industry (Agriculture). Success 16/40.  +1 to Agriculture. 

Joshua Lyman - WY (1): Increase State Gov Jobs. Fails 97/20

• Based 1

Just a question, are you checking for the 10% chance of +1 command?  I realize it's a small chance, but I didn't see anyone get it, which is why I am asking.

Note: If a governor succeeds in completing a gov action that isn’t 100% certain of success, then they have a 10% chance of gaining +1 command.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Umbrella said:

Just a question, are you checking for the 10% chance of +1 command?  I realize it's a small chance, but I didn't see anyone get it, which is why I am asking.

Note: If a governor succeeds in completing a gov action that isn’t 100% certain of success, then they have a 10% chance of gaining +1 command.

Thanks i forgot about that.   I am going to do joe in a bit then will go back and roll for all those who have passed so far

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

Joe is on vacation so does anyone else want to do delegates for GOP convention: @Umbrella, @Blockmon or @pman?  I can if no one else wants the job 

I'll concede to pman or Blockmon if they want it.  If nobody else does, I can probably work on it Monday.  I don't think this is critical until the election, right?

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Umbrella said:

I'll concede to pman or Blockmon if they want it.  If nobody else does, I can probably work on it Monday.  I don't think this is critical until the election, right?

And joe could when he comes back.  Just would like it by half term end 

Joe's moves for Governors:

1) Conrad Baker uses office to praise President: Automatic Success. No party pref or state bonus

2) William Marshall 4 year term for Governor: Fails 30/20

3) John W. Geary build roads, bridges and canals: Fails 85/40

Command Points for Success Rolls: 

Governor Randolph  Fails 12/10

Governor Johnson  Fails 83/10

Governor Cooper  Fails 70/10

Governor Lea  Fails 45/10

Gov Cullom  Fails 53/10

Gov McClurg  Fails 43/10

Gov Power  Fails 52/10

Gov Butler  Fails 37/10

Gov Miller: Fails 57/10

Gov Hayes: Fails 51/10

Gov Burnside: Fails 57/10

Gov Kirkwood: Success 4/10. +1 Command

Gov Chamberlain: Fails 23/10

Gov Blasdel: Fails 79/10

Gov Evans: Fails 91/10

Gov Haight: Success 3/10 +1 Command

Gov McConnel: Fails 52/10

Gov Jerome: Fails 60/10

Gov Delany: Fails 54/10

Gov Hoard: Fails 52/10

Gov Baker: Fails 60/10

1 hour ago, Umbrella said:

I am good with whatever as long as it doesn’t hurt the meters though if it’s a swing state, praising our incumbent President would be super nice

43 minutes ago, pman said:

I am good with whatever as long as it doesn’t hurt the meters though if it’s a swing state, praising our incumbent President would be super nice

He was talking about doing the convention.  I did gov action already 

1 hour ago, Bloot911 said:

AL    George S Houston    Increase State Jobs
OR    George Law Curry    Increase States Jobs

George S. Houston Increase State jobs: Success 15/20. Dom stab stays same.  100 points to @Umbrella. You fail command roll 

George law Curry Increase State Jobs: Success 23/60.  Dom stabs stays same.  100 points to @Umbrella. You fail command roll