The Political Lounge

CE2's 1804 announcement thread

9 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Idk but either way it would make sense in this regard to not challenge an incumbent president in his own primary

10 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

Was Boone a federalist? I thought he was an independent tbh. I would vote for him either way though.

I have listed Boone as Federalist, because the real Boone was a Federalist as well.

• Like 2

Just now, ConservativeElector2 said:

I have listed Boone as Federalist, because the real Boone was a Federalist as well.

#Boonecomeback Boone vs Adams in a primary and Boone vs Jefferson in the GE would be fun.

@Patine (or someone else could take him i guess)

5 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

#Boonecomeback Boone vs Adams in a primary and Boone vs Jefferson in the GE would be fun.

I’d be happy to serve as Boone’s running mate if he returns. Together we could bring an outsider energy to the election against all the drama

Edited by Zenobiyl

17 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Could yes but for the sake of the RP, I'd advise to not pick active candidates unless other people have released them  which I wouldn't recommend as well, especially if they held high offices.

• Like 1

OOC:

I guess we shall wait on fmr. Pres. Boone's decision then. ( @Patine )

I do believe that Pres. Jefferson will walk away with the win (even against Adams) if Boone doesn't run. If Boone does run it's a tossup.

Still pulling for Jefferson of course! (and so is Sec. Dearborn) 

Just now, Pringles said:

Poor Patine is probably tired of getting tagged. 😛 

Shouldn't have chosen the most interesting a-historical politician in this rp 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Boone was probably the best president so far. We saw high integrity during his term. Sadly he didn't got to appoint any justices and his domestic roll was bad.

I hope we see other Boone-esque ahistorical politicians, that are realistic enough, like he was

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Boone was probably the best president so far. We saw high integrity during his term. Sadly he didn't got to appoint any justices and his domestic roll was bad.

Jefferson's the best anyways.

4 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Boone's rolls were all less than Jefferson's so historically then Jefferson is better 😛

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hestia said:

Boone's rolls were all less than Jefferson's so historically then Jefferson is better 😛

This is very true. Anti-Jefferson bias. Jefferson derangement syndrome.

• Haha 1

Just now, ConservativeElector2 said:

True, but the atmosphere during Boone's (first) term was relatively chill while the US is very politicized now.

I think it's because we have a few people here infected with Jefferson derangement syndrome, and people like Mish who are never to be taken seriously. Along with a few of his followers. 😛 

OOC:

I could see as a spectator in that timeline, that Boone would be the option to bring back a non-polarized political landscape. Kinda a bridge back to more "normalcy"

Just now, Pringles said:

I think it's because we have a few people here infected with Jefferson derangement syndrome, and people like Mish who are never to be taken seriously. Along with a few of his followers. 😛 

True. Btw “Jefferson Derangement Syndrome” will never not be funny imo XD

1 minute ago, themiddlepolitical said:

OOC:

I could see as a spectator in that timeline, that Boone would be the option to bring back a non-polarized political landscape. Kinda a bridge back to more "normalcy"

It was nothing that Jefferson ever did. It was the Federalist Party. Once again, due to Mish. 😛 

It's getting to the point that we're so hyperpartisan we appear to be living in two different realities. Sounds familiar... #JeffersonIsTheGOAT

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

It was nothing that Jefferson ever did. It was the Federalist Party. Once again, due to Mish. 😛 

It's getting to the point that we're so hyperpartisan we appear to be living in two different realities. Sounds familiar... #JeffersonIsTheGOAT

Jefferson fucked a slave, executed an innocent woman, did an impeachment witch-hunt against Hamilton for no reason, and appointed radical far right justices. There is nothing “moderate” about him or any of the FINOS in this election.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mishfox said:

Jefferson fucked a slave, executed an innocent woman, did an impeachment witch-hunt against Hamilton for no reason, and appointed radical far right justices. There is nothing “moderate” about him or any of the FINOS in this election.

If Lafayette is a FINO for not wanting to literally behead Thomas Jefferson then there is something wrong with the Federalist Party.

Just now, Mishfox said:

Says the person who ran an illiterate black woman for President in the 1800s... turned a respectable first lady into a maniac, and outside of this RP, made a prominent Progressive politician the laughing stock of America and landed him in jail.

There's no contest here. 😛 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Says the person who ran an illiterate black woman for President in the 1800s... turned a respectable first lady into a maniac, and outside of this RP, made a prominent Progressive politician the laughing stock of America and landed him in jail.

There's no contest here. 😛 

Go off king

I don't know if this will count: Caleb Strong announces that he will run on a Straight Federalist ticket as an alternative to all the "crazy" candidates. Rufus King will be his running mate.

Edited by Timur