The Political Lounge

Will you get vaccinated?

Timur

Will you get vaccinated?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will you get vaccinated?

2 hours ago, Pringles said:

The vaccine actually has a microchip installed. Place a magnet next to your arm after getting the vaccine and it will stick!!!! It's the mark of the beast! The mark of Satan!

Oh yeah libtard then why does this key stick to my sticky sweaty skin when I press it on my shoulder??

• Haha 2

Just now, Patine said:

The Mark of the Beast is on the palm of your hand (where you hold a cell phone), or on your forehead (where the antenna goes when you're talking), not on your shoulder (where the injection is given). The locations are specifically stated.

I’m familiar lol. I was actually referencing this viral video of a woman who got vaccinated attempting to make a legitimate case of them being magnetic by being able to stick a key on her shoulder… like any normal, slightly perspirant person would be able to do.

1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

Haha, I haven't been wearing a useless mask from the beginning. Screw that nonsense! 🤣

1 hour ago, jvikings1 said:

I've enjoyed living my life the past year not listening to "experts" who flip flop at every chance they get and don't follow their own rules. So if that means I get called silly names, so be it

Counterpoint:

Other humans exist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Jvikings the unwise?

Eugene my fkin man. You are a comedic genius. 

Stay true bro. 😂

9 minutes ago, Patine said:

Cell phones actually live up to more of the stated Mark of the Beast prophecy, matching more areas of it, than the COVID vaccine.

Sounds a lot like Terry Goodkind, the fantasy author of the Sword of Truth series, a big Ayn Rand fan (including using fiction as a shameless tool to blatantly push Libertarian values), and someone who called those take comfort and shelter in the authority of the establishment, "Lemmings of Chaos." He died in late 2020 of a, "mysterious resperatory disease," his family insisted no post-mortem be done to discern - because they're almost certainly covering up the fact an iconic Libertarian author and anti-"everything the Government says," and, "my rights are supreme, even if civilization falls apart to a Mad Max Hellscape and numerous other people die because of my callous neglect, only my rights matter," viewpoint, might have actually died of COVID from being unvaccinated...

2 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Counterpoint:

Other humans exist.

There is no definitive proof that any of these measures work (prevention methods, not shots). In fact, some of the "experts" have been caught concluding the opposite. Just because I won't blindly follow someone who calls themself an expert does not mean I cannot care about other people at the same time.

As for the shots, they are very new and no one knows any of the long term effects. I won't even consider it until well down the road when we know more about them. But feel free to make your own judgements. I couldn't care less what others decide to do.

12 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Alright, you got me to laugh at this one

I thought not. It’s not a story the Republican Party would tell you. It’s a Democratic legend. Darth Jvikings was a Dark Lord of the Right, so powerful and so unwise he could use his 2 brain cells to influence the people’s trust in vaccines to create hesitancy… He had such a knowledge of the right that he could even keep the ones he cared about from getting vaccinated. The right side of politics is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice vaccinated him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from vaccination, but not himself 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Jvikings the unwise?

Did you ever play Star Wars Battlefront II? There was a guy named Eugene that was really good in Yoda's starfighter in that game.

20 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Did you ever play Star Wars Battlefront II? There was a guy named Eugene that was really good in Yoda's starfighter in that game.

Not the original, but I played a bit of the 2017 Version. Everything EA touches turns to a hunka dog shit

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Eugene said:

Not the original, but I played a bit of the 2017 Version. Everything EA touches turns to a hunka dog shit

Oh ok. So it probably wasn't you then. I was pretty good at SWBF2 when I was still playing it. I was really good at SWBF1. I played in tournaments (flying only) with all the other best pilots. For whatever reason, I wasn't as good with the 2nd game. I went from being an A+ player to a B+ player. I'd wager I was at least a top 20 player (possibly top 10) in that first game. I'm probably not even top 100 in the 2nd game. The guy that was clearly the best in the first game is probably the best in the 2nd game too. That guy is a perfectionist. I was good just because I was playing a lot; he was good because I think he did a lot of work to understand the mechanics of the game and find short cuts and etc. 

I agree EA messes a lot of things up. We loved playing SWBF but we complained about it constantly. 

29 minutes ago, Patine said:

So, where exactly do you draw the line between, "experts," (in quotation marks) and people whose advice, wisdom, and knowledge you would actually take seriously and to heart?

Let's start when they stop being hypocrites. When these people go against what they tell others to do, they loose any credibility. Then, we'll move to the flip-flopping. Stick with a position, don't be all over the place all the time (like they have been here). It shows they aren't actually experts. And, don't be censoring others in the field who can to difference conclusions. Science is built upon skepticism. By shutting down any opposition, you deny the scientific process (which means your findings loose credibility).

Quite frankly, I am skeptical of everyone on this topic because there has been no proper scientific process. Though, the censoring of those who come to different conclusions is very suspicious.

9 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

Let's start when they stop being hypocrites. When these people go against what they tell others to do, they loose any credibility. Then, we'll move to the flip-flopping. Stick with a position, don't be all over the place all the time (like they have been here). It shows they aren't actually experts. And, don't be censoring others in the field who can to difference conclusions. Science is built upon skepticism. By shutting down any opposition, you deny the scientific process (which means your findings loose credibility).

Quite frankly, I am skeptical of everyone on this topic because there has been no proper scientific process. Though, the censoring of those who come to different conclusions is very suspicious.

I do have some skepticism about lockdowns, but then, I live in a country where there weren't a lot of cases, there was a lot of testing, & nearly everybody (including me) was wearing masks.  I remember sometime ago recently Merkel apologized after she tried to do a lockdown.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2021 at 2:38 AM, Pringles said:

cheney_thumbs20up.png

On 7/18/2021 at 2:52 AM, ConservativeElector2 said:

Ahw Cheney approved ❤️ 

I didn't know that vaccines had oil in them.

• Haha 1