The Political Lounge

Thoughts on GOP debate?

vcczar

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

I'm trying to get through the Trump interview but I can't. He's just rambling and repeating himself. I'll just look up the highlights. 

It was actually the most presidential interview I ever saw of him. He was surprisingly calm. Despite I had not believed I would write that after watching both events, I have to say I liked the interview better than this bland debate.

1 hour ago, Pringles said:

The best thing Greta ever did was when she took down Andrew Tate. Most productive moment of her entire activist career. Taking down sex traffickers on Twitter. 

Although that name pops up occasionally, I never read much about Tate or what makes him special. However, if he's a bad guy, even I would give her credit for taking him on. 

Poll results from five thirty eight/Ipsos

E50B9C9E-200D-45DE-83E2-D8BF0C89C285.png.2a908cdc7909322ac8993ade2318d4ac.png6F5EB38F-17B8-4D68-9382-4B8E0C0D8FB1.png.0085b26f659411b5256224e872460d06.png

If these results hold true, it would confirm the idea that Haley was the overall winner with Ramaswamy polarizing himself. However, it’s interesting to think of the idea that Trump actually ends up being the big loser( with everyone else gaining favorability amongst the base.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pringles said:

There's a moment where Tucker asks him did Epstein kill himself...

Yeah that was a worthless question. He also never asks Trump any critical questions. I’ve never seen a more softball interview than that. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

I also liked Pence being the only one up on that stage, who unequivocally portrayed himself as a man of faith and deep convictions. I value that.

I'd like it better if he wasn't hellbent on imposing them on everybody else

11 hours ago, DakotaHale said:

I thought Christie was cringe ngl. He's usually a good debater but shit the bed

I thought his only cringe moment was when he was talking about Russian atrocities. He was saying it so slow that it almost seemed like he was making it up. 

20 hours ago, Pringles said:

Vivek is a true intellectual. Truly a bright young mind of our times and NOT a Trump owned grifter. Definitely not. 

I love that he keeps commenting about stabilizing the US dollar. This is a good example of the above; the average US citizen probably thinks that, because of inflation, the US dollar isn’t stable, when in fact it is one of the most stable currencies in the world.

I can’t refute that this guy is good at making people *think* he’s smart…

Edited by jnewt
Typos
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, jnewt said:

I love he keeps commenting about stabilizing the US dollar. This is a good example of the above; the average US citizens probably thinks that, because of inflation, the US dollar isn’t stable, when in fact it is one of the most stable currencies in the world.

I can’t refute that this guy is good at making people *think* he’s smart…

The average American also likely thinks that the lower inflation is, the lower the prices are. These prices aren’t going away. Prices will always increase perpetually. 

I can’t wait for Vivek to start talking about the gold standard and how Crypto can save our country. I made some pocket money to pay for college stuff during the 2020-2021 crypto craze but anyone with sense wouldn’t put another dime in it these days LOL. 

With the standards of political discourse today, if you talk fast, seem fit and active, and can say any nonsense defiantly you’ll do a little well at least. But hey, I think Vivek is a perfect VP choice for Donald… 😈

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pringles said:

With the standards of political discourse today, if you talk fast, seem fit and active, and can say any nonsense defiantly you’ll do a little well at least. But hey, I think Vivek is a perfect VP choice for Donald… 😈

Nah Pringles, we all know Vivek will win the nomination and lose to Democratic FRAUDF2jIMCXWQCE_ehD(1).jpg.206bcab623fc7a2f0065cbdfd641a94f.jpg

• Based 1

3 minutes ago, ShortKing said:

Caveat that it's a pro Desantis pac obviously but

Polls seem indecisive right now, we should probably just wait for trends to emerge.

This is the third poll I've seen with a major Haley bump. All of the Vivek buzz appears to have been for naught. He's made a name for himself, but the problem I see for him here is that he only appealed to voters already behind Trump on the debate stage, effectively killing his chances among those voters actually moving between candidates, AKA those looking for a legitimate Trump alternative, not a Trump copy.

Edited by The Blood