The Political Lounge

Summer 2021 AMPU Playtest

4 hours ago, Rezi said:

Action to @matthewyoung123, @Hestia, @WVProgressive, @10centjimmy, @Arkansas Progressive, @jvikings1, @Cal, @ConservativeElector2to appoint Class B Senators and fill any vacant Senate Seats.

NC: Gov. Burton appoints Willis Alston instead of Sen. Holmes

Not sure but if generated Gov. Schlaffly of ME has to appoint both Senators, he will pick Joseph Dane and John Holmes.

MD: No Class B seat

8 hours ago, Rezi said:

Action to @matthewyoung123, @Hestia, @WVProgressive, @10centjimmy, @Arkansas Progressive, @jvikings1, @Cal, @ConservativeElector2to appoint Class B Senators and fill any vacant Senate Seats.

In IN there is a vacancy in the Senate (Class C not Class B).  There are also no Blue IN politicians available (only one seems to be on the career track).  So, if he can be pulled of career track, as there are no eligible Blue IN politicians, then the Gov appoints Jesse B Thomas of the WVP faction to the Senate. 

If he CANNOT be pulled off career track, then there is only 1 other eligible IN politician, a Red party politician, Joseph Hopkinson from SilentLiberty faction, would get the seat by default.  IN needs more politicians!

In KY, the Governor appoints John Fowler to the US Senate.

DE Gov Nathaniel Mitchell - Appoints @DakotaHaleThomas Cooper to the Senate for DE B.

NH Gov William Plummer - Appoints @jvikings1 Arthur Livermore to the Senate for NH B.

NJ Gov William Coxe Jr - Appoints @Arkansas Progressive John F. Freelinghuysen to the Senate for NJ B

4 hours ago, matthewyoung123 said:

In IN there is a vacancy in the Senate (Class C not Class B).  There are also no Blue IN politicians available (only one seems to be on the career track).  So, if he can be pulled of career track, as there are no eligible Blue IN politicians, then the Gov appoints Jesse B Thomas of the WVP faction to the Senate. 

If he CANNOT be pulled off career track, then there is only 1 other eligible IN politician, a Red party politician, Joseph Hopkinson from SilentLiberty faction, would get the seat by default.  IN needs more politicians!

Career track pols can be pulled off if there are no other politicians available

Doing autogenerated Senators. Blue for both states since that's the Governor's party.

AUTOGENERATED POLS FOR VACANT SENATE SEATS:

AL-B:  Robert Habersham (A relative of the Georgia Governor's?), Trad, BlooCPU

AL-C: David Waters, Mod, @matthewyoung123

MS-A: Brett Johnson, Cons, @Hestia

MS-B: Jay Moore, RW Pop, @Hestia

• Like 1

On 8/15/2022 at 1:23 AM, Cal said:

Governor John Brooks (Massachusetts) appoints @Arkansas Progressive Elijah J Mills to the vacant Senate seat.

Mills gains +1 Legis

On 8/15/2022 at 2:18 AM, Rezi said:

BlooCPU

RI Governor Arthur Fenner will retain Senate Majority Leader Benjamin Howland @WVProgressive

VA Governor John Smith retains his own John W Eppes 

Howland gains +1 Admin.

21 hours ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

NC: Gov. Burton appoints Willis Alston instead of Sen. Holmes

Not sure but if generated Gov. Schlaffly of ME has to appoint both Senators, he will pick Joseph Dane and John Holmes.

Alston gains +1 Admin

John Holmes gains +1 Admin

19 hours ago, 10centjimmy said:

SC class b: retain @HestiaJoseph Calhoun

No gains.

17 hours ago, matthewyoung123 said:

No gains.

13 hours ago, Arkansas Progressive said:

DE Gov Nathaniel Mitchell - Appoints @DakotaHaleThomas Cooper to the Senate for DE B.

NH Gov William Plummer - Appoints @jvikings1 Arthur Livermore to the Senate for NH B.

NJ Gov William Coxe Jr - Appoints @Arkansas Progressive John F. Freelinghuysen to the Senate for NJ B

Frelinghuysen gains +1 Legis

3 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

Retain Francis Willis, and Joe Anderson

Willis gains +1 Legis.

Edited by Rezi

2 hours ago, Rezi said:

We have vacant House Seats in ME-1, NC-1, AL-1, and MS-1. 

AL-1 and MS-1 will need autogenerated pols.

Action to @ConservativeElector2to fill ME-1 (only one option) and NC-1 House Seats.

I guess we have to pull @Cal's William King off the career track

6 hours ago, Rezi said:

Doing autogenerated Senators. Blue for both states since that's the Governor's party.

AUTOGENERATED POLS FOR VACANT SENATE SEATS:

AL-B:  Robert Habersham (A relative of the Georgia Governor's?), Trad, BlooCPU

AL-C: David Waters, Mod, @matthewyoung123

MS-A: Brett Johnson, Cons, @Hestia

MS-B: Jay Moore, RW Pop, @Hestia

So do I manually add David Waters, Moderate Senator from AL, into my sheet?  If so, what are his traits, expertise, etc?  Thanks!

3 hours ago, matthewyoung123 said:

So do I manually add David Waters, Moderate Senator from AL, into my sheet?  If so, what are his traits, expertise, etc?  Thanks!

He’s already added! I usually take care of sheet stuff manually

• Like 1

1808 RETIREMENTS PHASE

Outgoing President Daniel Hiester @WVProgressiveretires from politics for good.

Blue Presidential Nominee James Madison @matthewyoung123decides to hang up his coat and head back home for retirement.

Blue Vice Presidential Nominee Aaron Burr @10centjimmyleaves politics.

Defeated MD Gov Gabriel Duvall BlooCPU retires from politics

Key Advisor Matthew Clay @matthewyoung123retires from politics. (A sigh of relief comes from the American people). 

Former Administrator Robert Treat Paine @jvikings1retires at the age of 75.

Former Senator William Williams RedCPU retires at the age of 75.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

WELCOME TO THE 1808 ROOKIE DRAFT

Draft order for Blue Team is:

1. @matthewyoung123
  2. BlooCPU
  3. @10centjimmy
  4. @Hestia
  5. @WVProgressive

Draft order for Red Team is:

1. RedCPU
  2. @Arkansas Progressive
  3. @jvikings1
  4. @ConservativeElector2
  5. @Cal

Notable Blue pols in this draft include: Lewis Cass, John C Calhoun, Martin Van Buren, and Theodosia Burr Alston (Daughter of Aaron).

Notable Red pols in this draft include: Daniel Webster and Benedict Arnold II.

And as reason to celebrate: This draft has pols from Alabama, Mississippi, and Indiana!

I ask players to please DM me their draft preferences and/or a list of their top 10 picks. Please note drafting restrictions as seen in the FactNumber sheet, though restrictions are, of course, lifted once you've run out of those ideologies.

Edited by Rezi
  • Like 4