The Political Lounge

Star Wars - Age of the Republic

WVProgressive

27 minutes ago, Edouard said:

I would love to play Bail Organa for Alderand or Palpatine for Naboo, I don't know which one I would prefer to play the most.

Unfortunately both the Republic and the Sith are taken currently, but you can claim a different faction, or even ask @Richardor @Fbarbarossa to split control of their faction with you.

I drew up a map with planet information WVProgressive posted. I don't know about y'all but I need a visualization for something this complex. 

To give credit where it is due, I got the base map from here and augmented it with information from wookiepedia and here. Some planets (around five) were not listed on either map so I just placed them in the grid square wookiepedia said there were in. 

I ran into some discrepancies that I'd like @WVProgressive to clarify.

-I think there were some minor spelling errors for some planets (Cardia instead of Carida, Qillura instead of Qiilura, Muunlinst instead of Muunilist, Beldrone instead of Belderone, Deservo instead of Deservro). Just want to make sure those assumptions are correct and there are not planets with very similar names.

-A couple planets were listed twice (Yinchorr, Barlok, and Kooriva). Were these just doubled up or are they like Raxxus Prime and Secundus?

-I also added Bespin to the Republic.

-Finally some planets were listed in both the Republic and CIS column (Qillura and Belgaroth). Belgaroth was in the core so I made the assumption it was part of the Republic. Qillura is in the mid rim but surrounded by other Republic planets so I figured it was also with the Republic. If that is not true let me know and I'll change it. 

Here is the key for the map:

Green: Republic

Red: CIS

Inner portion of circle: planet owner

Outer portion of Circle:  if different than inner, denotes an attack on that planet (for example Corellia is being attacked by the CIS)

Map is best viewed at 400% zoom. You can search planets with ctrl+f

Turn 5 Map.pptx

Edited by Richard
  • Based 2

25 minutes ago, Richard said:

-I think there were some minor spelling errors for some planets (Cardia instead of Carida, Qillura instead of Qiilura, Muunlinst instead of Muunilist, Beldrone instead of Belderone, Deservo instead of Deservro). Just want to make sure those assumptions are correct and there are not planets with very similar names.

Yes, your assumptions are correct. I did the list by typing out each planet's alignment manually on the mobile phone, so there's a few of those.

30 minutes ago, Richard said:

-A couple planets were listed twice (Yinchorr, Barlok, and Kooriva). Were these just doubled up or are they like Raxxus Prime and Secundus?

Another product of my mistakes, those are all single planets that I mistakenly doubled.

30 minutes ago, Richard said:

-Finally some planets were listed in both the Republic and CIS column (Qillura and Belgaroth). Belgaroth was in the core so I made the assumption it was part of the Republic. Qillura is in the mid rim but surrounded by other Republic planets so I figured it was also with the Republic. If that is not true let me know and I'll change it. 

Yes, I believe that was caused by those planets being owned by the CIS on the map that I based my alignments off of. You made the right judgement giving those planets to the Republic.

Sen. Sheev Palpatine (Naboo-Independent) 40%

Sen. Onaconda Farr (Rodia-Reform Party) 40%

Sen. Horox Ryder (Raibollo-Old Guard) 15%

Vice Chancellor Mas Ammedda (Champala-Outer Rim) 5%

Sen. Quarren Tikkes (Mon Calamari-Coalition for Peace) 1 vote (Himself)

Edouard and I are going to split events. I'll be posting the first three here. 

Counterattack 1: Valorum woke in a cold sweat. He had never believed himself to be force sensitive, but ever since the invasion of Corellia he had been having premonitions of a distant place in the far future. Of a human or at least near human by the name of John...no...James Buchanan, and how beings even further in the future were comparing Valorum to him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valorum could not believe that Count Dooku authorized this attack. Naturally when Dooku was declared the leader of the CIS, Valorum had sought out his former padawan Master Qui-Gon Jin to learn the measure of the man who would rend the Republic in two. He thought of Dooku as at least a fellow reformer, if not a downright honorable man. If only Valorum had embraced the reformist agenda years before, maybe this all could have been avoided. But now…now Dooku, for all his talk of self-determination, was invading the Republic, forcing an absolute monarch on a democratic planet, and terror bombings of civilians; there was no honor in this.

Valorum glanced at his clock; 0437 in the morning. Tarkin would be up, and it was time to end this attempted coup on one of the Republic’s most important worlds.

“Admiral Tarkin, I want you to reinforce Garm Bel Iblis fleet with a portion of the fleet we have prepared at Vandor-3. Enough to achieve a decent qualitative and quantitative edge over the separatist fleet. Put out a call for any planets in grid sector M11 to commit a portion of their planetary defense fleets for the counterattack. Any ground forces Corellia committed to the Republic army make sure they are the first on the ground once we break the blockade to relieve their fellow countrymen. Follow them up with Naboo ground units. Master Yoda’s diplomacy will be dividends in this campaign.”

Counterattack 2: Valorum still speaking to Tarkin: "On a separate but related note, an interesting proposal has reached my desk from a Lieutenant Commander Gial Ackbar. Odd for someone so junior, but his ideas bear hearing out. He wants to retrofit Mon Calamari passenger ships and deep space exploration ships into Star Cruiser capital ships. Give him the go ahead, and have him lead the first batch to support the Corellian liberation. Time the attack of their arrival and hopefully we can catch the separatists in a pincer movement.

Once that is complete have the retrofit continue for as many ships as the Mon Calamari can spare, and ready them for inevitable defense of Mon Calamari homeworld. Between this and their shipyards they should contribute greatly to the Republic's and their own defense.

Attack: Valorum instructs Tarkin to launch an assault on the Neimoidian sector with the objective being the occupation of Cato Neimoidia and Deko Neimoidia. Capturing these "purse worlds" will destory the Neimodians as a fighting force outside the trade federation. A sizable portion of the Vandor-3 forces (while still leaving a reserve to react to separatist moves) augmented by planetary defense forces from core worlds along the Perlimian trade route (Alsakan, Anaxes, Corulag, and Chandrila) will form the force. The ground forces will consist of the Republic’s droid army, notably the L8-L9s, SD-6 Hulks, and Droidekas. 

The Neimoidians started this unfortunate chain of events with their Naboo blockade and now they shall bear the republics righteous furry. 

Coruscant Senate Building | StarWars.com

Senator Bail Organa comes in Chancellor Valorum office

Bail Organa : Thank you your excellency for receiving me. I do have to tell you that I am willing to help you through the end of your second term and for the election of your candidate, Senator Onaconda Farr.

Today I will pronounce a speech in the galactic Senate, it should help building a common alliance and increase the base of Senator Farr.

Galactic Senate | StarWars.com

Senator Organa from Alderan gets the occasion to take the floor :

My friends, members of the Galactic Senate.

Let me begin by reminding you that the very place where we are standing is a strong symbol. The only democracy in our galaxy rests within these walls, and for 1000 years our ancestors have helped build a state that spreads peace and prosperity throughout the galaxy.

That peace and prosperity is now being threatened by the separatists. We must therefore do everything in our power to act with a common voice, to preserve the unity of the Republic, and of the Senate, without failing to implement the reforms necessary to safeguard the Galactic Republic.

I salute our Supreme Chancellor who is doing everything in his power to provide the Republic with a large army, we need it. 

Beyond the military question, we must do everything possible to unite our Senate around common ideals, which is why I am launching the "Declaration of Resolve". I invite you to sign it:

It presented the concept

The Declaration of Resolve is an alliance of senators aiming to reaffirm the following principles:

The Republic has a sacred duty to provide itself with a consistent and regular military force from the various planets of the Republic and a consistent military budget until the end of the current conflict.

The separation of powers as set forth in the Galactic Constitution is inalienable and sacred.

The Galactic Republic is committed to treating its constituent worlds more fairly in order to effectively combat the growing separatist threat.

As for the current election, I support Senator Farr who I feel is closest to this platform and I urge you, especially the old guard, to support him.

Second event (5th for the Republic) : Senator Bail Organa commissions a private agent to go on Naboo and collect evidence and recordings of the last moments of Senator Palpatine's family or any other scandalous material that could damage his run for chancellor. There have always been rumors of the family's sudden disappearance that could be exploited but those are not the only ones.

Nute Gunray quickly hurried into his office after being informed that an urgent transmission was waiting for him. Sitting at his desk a hologram will appear.

A figure dressed in a dark hood is the only thing present. Nute lowered his head slightly in a sort of reverence at the figure. A moment passed before the figure began to speak.

"Gunray..." It began. "My sources inside the Republic bring me dire news. Chancellor Valorum is planning attacks on the Purse Worlds of the Neimoidian sector in an attempt to bring the Neimodians to their knees." The figure took a moment to let the information sink in. "Cato Neimoidia and Deko Neimoidia are to be the main targets, ensure their defense. Bring defenses to other planets of course, the Republic could always change their plans." The figure again paused to take a breath. "If the Neimodians are to be weakened to a point where they are removed from the conflict then it well be dire for the Confederation of Independent Systems, but if you are to successfully hold off the Republic then it will be humiliation for them." 

The figure concluded. "Begin to prepare yourselves now. Best of luck."

--------

Again, Palpatine will meet with Jedi Master Taron Malicos. Palpatine will be careful with his words, Malicos is a Jedi Master after all, but will make sure to deliver his point. He will speak to Malicos about... Palpatine will call it philosophy. He will make subtle references to the weakness of the Jedi Order. He will speak about how the rigidity of dogma can exacerbate weaknesses and create a blind worldview. He will speak about how holding onto a single point of view can blind people to alternate ways of thinking that when used in line with others can create tremendous results.

Palpatine will speak about how denying emotion can make one more emotional than others and blind them to true reason and logic.

--------

Palpatine will hold a final event to drum up support for his campaign for Chancellor. This event will be open to all, politician and civilian alike. 

Palpatine will speak on his fresh view on politics. He will slam the so called Reform Party, saying that they are the entrenched elite and he is the true reformist. 

He will go on to say how he will build a stronger Republic, how he will create an adaptive and effective military for the Republic that will keep the citizens away from battle and maintain a strong front against any threat. He will cite the usage of Clones and Droids for this, saying how Clones will give sentient ingenuity and adaptability while Droids will provide numerical advantages.

Finally he will speak on his efforts to support non-humans. Palpatine states that as Chancellor he would further pursue this in order to make the Republic a place for all. Where everyone regardless of anything can live a full and happy life.

Palpatine will stress that though the Senate elects the Chancellor civilians still matter. He will call upon his supporters to contact their Senators and ask them to support him. Palpatine will stress how this can make a difference. He will also call to the Senate to hear his views and take them into consideration come the election.

Finally, he will unveil a poster for his campaign...

image.png.4374f5bd9f2597ddaa139a706b1d78f6.png

--------

Feral swung his saber at Sideous who quickly block and moved, stopping his saber inches away from Feral's neck. "You have potential young Feral." Sideous said before springing back into the sparring match. "But you are without fine technique!" He spat as he broke forward and won the second match.

"You're a promising Sith." The Master said as he helped Feral to his feet. "You slew a member of the Jedi Council, this is no small feat. However, your technique does have gaps. You showed what you are capable of on Dathomir, our job now is to bring you to that level at rest. And we shall get there."

In the next room droids were deployed at Darth Maul. The Zabrak acted quickly, finally used to his new arms his reflexes were quicker and the power behind his strikes stronger. 

His new arms also gave an extra ability.

One last droid stood and approached Maul. The Sith held his arm out. From his wrist a small blaster emerged, firing three shots the final droid was down.

Ros Lai moved swiftly, swinging her twin lightsabers rapidly, her training with Krell having now been going for hours. After the death of her fellow Dathomiran the Nightsister had been motivated to push herself to the best of her ability. As one of the most skilled of the Sith Krell had been the one she sought out to train her while Sideous trained with Feral. 

He was of course happy to oblige.

--------

Sideous entered his ship. He took a moment to close his eyes and meditate. If the Jedi sought out force sensitive infants to bring into their Order then so can the Sith.

Sideous tapped into the force. He needed to find a force sensitive before the Jedi could get to them. He needed to find one that the Jedi weren't aware of. If he took one that they knew about it could be an incident, the Jedi would hunt across the galaxy. This was not what he wanted.

The Lord of the Sith focused. He knew he could find someone to take in. The first Sith youngling.

On 3/12/2022 at 2:22 PM, WVProgressive said:

Jedi Rescue

Yaddle Rescue: 1

Convince Cloud City: 18

Special-Forces: 12

Jedi Master Yaddle, and Admiral Wullf Yularen stood in the debriefing room of the Acclamator class cruiser codenamed the Prywden, as a platoon of Republic Special Forces Division soldiers stood in front of them. “Captured, Master Windu is.” Master Yaddle began, “Rescue him, we must.” she continued, as a holomap of Cloud City filled the room. “We believe that the Jedi is being held in the administrative levels of Cloud City, somewhere between level 101, and level 120.” Yularen said pointing to the select levels of the city.

“You will be split into four groups of six, Blackstar Squad, led by Lieutenant MacTavish, will land in Level 280, and secure the tibanian gas production area, meanwhile Tempest Squad, led by Lieutenant Ichols will land in Level 1, and secure the spaceport.” Yularen said, “Havoc, and Eclipse Squads, led by Captain Price, and Major Kusanagi, will land on Level 101, and 120 respectively, and investigate the administrative levels of Cloud City.” Yularen continued. “You will land at the designated areas using prototype LAATs gifted to us by Kuat Shipyards, and will be assisted by Jedi Master Yaddle.” Yularen said, “This mission is critical to our defense against the Sith, and the CIS, you are the best that we have, and I am positive that you will complete this mission with minimal casualties.” Yularen finished.

*/*/*/*/*

The prototype LAATs flew in a horizontal line as they approached Cloud City, before laying down a suppressive barrage of missiles, and splitting off to go to their respective landing zones. “Talk about little resistance!” the radioman from Blackstar Squad said over the main channel for all to hear, “I don’t see any enemy contacts in the city.” he continued. “Always as they appear, things are not.” Yaddle warned as Eclipse Squad neared their objective, “No time for navel gazing, get ready to drop.” Major Kusanagi ordered as the LAAT touched down.

“Clear left!” an Eclipse soldier yelled after scanning the level, “Clear right!” a different Eclipse trooper yelled after scanning the other side of the level. “Abandoned, the area has been.” Yaddle observed, “Looks like Master Windu isn’t here,” Kusanagi said, before turning to the tiny green Jedi, and asking her, “Are your Jedi powers providing you any insight into Windu’s location?” The Jedi Master closed her eyes, and hummed in thought, “Close, he is,” she began, “In distress, he is,” she continued, before opening her eyes, “He is on Level 108.” she said. “Are you sure?” the Major asked, “Lie, the force does not.” Yaddle said, “Good enough for me.” Major Kusanagi mumbled, before saying into her communicator “We’ve located the Jedi Master, he’s on level 108, Blackstar, Tempest, maintain your current objective, Havoc Squad, investigate Port Town, General Grievous may attempt to flee from one of the industrial loading bays” she ordered.

*/*/*/*/*

As Eclipse Squad neared Level 108, Major Kusanagi radioed the other squads, “Come in Tempest squad, what’s your situation?” she asked. “No sight of the general’s ship yet, Major.” Lt. Ichols responded, “We’ve encountered scattered resistance from Kaleesh grunts, though…” Ichols trailed off. “What is it Lieutenant?” the Major asked, “It’s strange, sir, after all the stories I’ve heard about General Grievous, I expected more than a few isolated pockets of gunslingers.” Ichols admitted.

“Contact, 12-O-Clock, dead ahead!” an Eclipse Squad member yelled as the squad came under fire from four Kaleesh warriors. Jedi Master Yaddle ignited her green lightsaber, and lunged at the Kaleesh warriors. After Yaddle speedily sliced through the Kaleesh warriors, the soldiers of Eclipse investigated the nearby rooms, looking for the captured Jedi Master. “Something about these guys seem wrong to you?” the Eclipse’s Medic, Cpl. Febar asked, kneeling to inspect the bodies, “Adolescents, these warriors are.” Yaddle observed, her intuition aided by the force. “Why would Grievous put boys in charge of guarding Master Windu?” the medic asked.

“Never mind the general’s failing, focus on the mission.” Kusanagi said, “Come in Blackstar Squad, what’s your status?” she asked into her communicator garnering only static in response. “Blackstar, report!” she ordered, “They’re everywhere!” the Blackstar radioman yelled in response. “Grievous’s soldiers have dug into the base of the repulsiveness sector.” the radioman informed the major, “Any sign of the general himself?” Kusanagi asked, “Negative commander!” the Radioman responded.

“Major Kusanagi, I’ve located Master Windu, he’s in this room!” An Eclipse commando said, standing next to a door labeled Bureau of Commerce Communications Center. Eclipse Squad breached the room, finding the lights to be off, and the only occupants to be a severely wounded Mace Windu. As a commando undid the Master’s restraints, Windu began to speak, “Cloud City, is in danger.” he said, “The General, where is he?” Yaddle asked. “He’s gone, left with the majority of his forces a while ago,” Windu said, “He knew you were coming.” he continued.

“What?” Cpl. Febar asked in shock, before Major Kusanagi’s communicator received a communication from Blackstar squad. “Commander, we’ve cleared out the Kaleesh from the engine room, but we’ve got a problem,” the radioman began, “Grievous has rigged the engines to blow, we’re trying to fix it now but we need to start prepping an evacuation.” he continued, “Understood, Blackstar.” the major responded. Kusanagi then radioed Tempest Squad, “Ichols, I need your squad to secure the spaceport, we might need to evacuate Cloud City.” she ordered, “We might have a problem there,” Ichols responded, “There’s a bomb?” Kusanagi asked, “Affirmative.” Ichols said, “It’s the same story down here boss,” the radioman from Havoc Squad said. “We’ve got a situation here boss!” a commando yelled after kicking open the door to the communication room’s relief station, and finding an explosive device.

“So that’s the General’s plan, lure us in with a POW, destroy Cloud City, and prevent us from evacuating anyone.” Kusanagi realized, “Devious, and deadly, our enemy is.” Yaddle said. “Waxer, get the men, and the Jedi out of here, I’ll-” Major Kusanagi began before Master Yaddle interrupted her, “Leave, you must,” she began, “Stay, and use the force to absorb the power of the bombs, I shall.” she continued. “That’s insane, you’ll die!” Kusanagi protested, “Sacrifice for others, that is the Jedi way.” Yaddle said before sitting down, and meditating in order to bolster her force power. “We must leave, now!” Windu said as two Republic commandos helped him exit the room, “Damn it.” the Major said, before exiting the room before the bombs exploded.

*/*/*/*/*

The Subordinate Baron Administrator of Cloud City shook hands with Jedi Master Mace Windu on Level 0 of Cloud City. “We thank you for your ally’s heroic sacrifice in defense of out city.” he said, “So you will commit to the defense of the Republic?” Windu asked, “Indeed we will, the Republic can rely on Bespin gas for all their military needs.” the administrator answered. On the edge of the crowd, Major Kusanagi contemplated the results of the day’s mission, “You can’t blame yourself for this, Major.” Cpl. Febar told his commanding officer, “That’s not what I’m worried about, Corporal.” the Major said, tossing the cigarillo she had been smoking onto the ground. “There’s a mole in the Grand Army of the Republic.”

Skywalker Family Values

Malicos: 12

Yod Trains Anakin: 9

Mischief of Coruscant: 9

Night descended on the ecumenopolis of Coruscant, as Shmi Skywalker awaited the return of her son. The door to the apartment opened, and Sheev Palpatine, and Anakin Skywalker walked through it. “Did you have fun with Mr. Palpatine today?” Shmi asked Anakin, bending down to meet his eye level, “I insist, Shmi, that you, and your boy can call me Sheev!” Palpatine said jovially. Anakin gave a noncommittal shrug, and avoided the Senator’s gaze. Shmi then turned to Palpatine telling him, “Thank you for showing my son around Coruscant, Sheev.” she thanked, putting a hand on the senator’s arm, “I assure you, the pleasure’s all mine.” Palpatine said, before leaving.

Shmi sat on the apartment couch, and patted the seat next to her, “You’re acting sad, is something wrong?” she asked her son. “I miss Master Jin.” Anakin said, “Master Yoda is hard to understand, and,” he began stopping momentarily, “And he said that the two of us shouldn’t be living together.” Anakin said. “What?” Shmi asked, “He said that I shouldn’t be so attached to you, but I don’t understand, you’re my mom, why would me loving you make me a bad person?” Anakin asked. “I don’t know,” Shmi admitted, “Have you tried talking about this with Sheev?” she asked, “Senator Palpatine creeps me out, whenever I’m near him I get the willies,” Anakin said, “And I overheard him talking with a Jedi Knight before we left, I heard him call the Jedi Order weak.” he claimed. “I am sure that you simply misheard them,” Shmi dismissed, “Now wash up, dinner is almost ready.” she told Anakin.

Valorum’s Folly

Anti-Corruption1: 1

Anti-Corruption2: 3

Outer Rim: 19

Speech: 13

Distress: 5

“Chancellor Valorum.” the Chancellor’s Duro Chief of Staff began, as he entered the room, “Rad.” Valorum acknowledged, motioning for Rad to sit down. “I have good news, and bad news, Chancellor.” Rad began, “Good news first,” Valorum requested, “Count Dooku, and the Sepratists are facing harsh criticism in the press for the close ties the CIS has with galactic corporations.” Rad said. “Now what’s the bad news?” Valorum asked, “You’re anti corruption legislation has been met with much criticism, opponents are calling it backwards, and bureaucratic,” the Duro answered, “The Senate Elections Committee has refused to even consider the bill, and we’re even getting reports that this has spurred sepratist uprisings all over the outer rim.” he continued. “Our spies are currently working on a comprehensive summary of which planets have chosen a side, it should be on your desk by tomorrow.” the chief of staff said before exiting.

Scenes from the Senate

Advocate a Clone Army: 7

Militarists: 18

Disturbance: 5

“No Clones! No Droids! No War!” the students chanted as they disrupted Palpatine’s speech at the Coruscant University for Interstellar Relations. “Can you not-” Palpatine began, Can you not see the need-” he again tried, before being drowned out by the protesters. The senator sighed, and turned to his Jedi escort, “If only the Jedi’s peacekeeping mission included fighting against radical protesters/” he joked, “If only.” Krell agreed.

*/*/*/*/*

Farr shook hands with the Kaminoan Senator Halle Burtoni as they put the finishing touches on their meeting. “It is good to know that Senator Palpatine is not the only one who supports the creation of a clone army.” Burtoni said, “Our difference lies not in our support for the clone army, merely in our wider vision for the Army of the Republic.” Farr said. “While I am not ready to endorse your campaign, I assure you that you have certainly impressed me, and my allies in the Senate.” Burtoni

said.

*/*/*/*/*

Jedi Master Yoda sat in the Jedi archives studying an ancient Jedi holocron from the time of the Mandalorian War. A Jedi Knight walked into Yoda’s study chamber, informing the Jedi Master that “Count Dooku has sent us a letter,” before going on to say, “He wishes to set up a meeting between himself, and a Jedi of our chose on Raxus.” Yoda hummed in thought, “Meet with him, we shall, but who we send, up to the council, that is.” Yoda said.

Les Enfants Terribles

Project Starkiller: 19

On the ocean planet of Kamino, the evil Darth Sidious discusses the Starkiller Project with the Kaminoan scientist heading the venture. “What is the status of Project Starkiller?” Palpatine asked, “The project is progressing well, we now have three subjects that are sustainable.” the scientist answered. “When will these clones be ready for field service?” Palpatine asked, “I regret to inform you of this, but the Starkiller Subjects will not reach maturity for another ten years.” the scientist said. Palpatine snarled, “You disappoint me.” he said, “I assure you that our efforts are progressing as quickly as they can, and that no other cloner in the galaxy would be able to deliver such a quality product in such a short time.” the scientist defended.

Valley of Death

Investigate: 1

Feral: 18

“Welcome back Feral,” Sidious began, “We have much to discuss.” he said, bringing the young Nightbrother to his feet. “Wh- where am I?” Feral asked, “You are on the planet Byss, within the secret sanctum of the Sith Order.” Sidious answered. “Where is Savage?” Feral asked, his eyes still adjusting from the bacta tank, “Savage is dead, killed by the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jin.” Sidious answered. Feral shook his head, “No,” he said, “No!” he cried falling to his knees. Sidious placed a hand on Feral’s shoulder, “Worry not my child,” he comforted, “For I shall give you the power to avenge your brother.” he continued. Feral remained motionless for a moment, thinking over the Sith lord’s offer, “I want,” he began, “I want revenge!” he said, looking Sidious in his eyes. Sidious smiled, and handed Feral a lightsaber, “Go to Dathomire, and see to it that Master Ki-Adi-Mundi is destroyed.” he ordered.

*/*/*/*/*

The Republic Consular Cruiser Pioneer landed on Dathomire. It was a barren, rocky plateau far from any Nightbrothers villages. Master Mundi exited the cruiser, and scanned the horizon, not noticing the Nightbrothers archers hiding among the rocky hills. “Stay with the ship, I’ll see what I can find out from the locals.” Mundi ordered the pilots. “Set up at the mouth of the valley, we’ll trap him there.” Feral ordered to his Nightbrother warriors.

After walking for around an hour, Mundi spied a group of Nightbrothers out on a hunt. “Hello there!” Mundi yelled, catching the attention of the Nightbrothers, “I wish speak with your village leader.” he continued. The Nightbrothers shuffled backward nervously, before running away from the Jedi into a narrow mountain valley. Mundi grumbled, before running after the Nightbrothers into the treacherous valley.

The valley was filled with a red mist, and an ominous aura. Mundi slowed his pace, inspecting the ridges on either side of him. He could sense darkness in the valley, and across the ridges. A pebble fell from the ridge as a figure moved along it, alerting Mundi to their presence. Mundi turned around, and began to run to the exit of the valley.

A moment later, a pile of rocks was moved from the ridge, and blocked Mundi’s path. “Face me, and die like a man, Jedi scum!” a man yelled from behind Mundi. Mundi ignited his lightsaber, and turned to face his opponent, seeing a red Zabrak in black robes, holding a crimson lightsaber. “You must be the Sith that Master Jin, and Master Dooku almost killed on Raxus,” Mundi said, “I expected you to be taller.” he admitted. “There are far more Sith than you fools believe,” Feral countered, “But it won’t matter anyway, you, and your order shall die.” he continued, before giving a gutteral yell, and charging at Mundi.

Mundi parried Feral’s strike away, and brought his saber up to strike at the Sith. “Now!” Feral ordered, and dozens of Nightbrothers rose from their cover on the ridge, and fired on the Jedi master. Mundi was able to react quickly to the archers assault deflecting their bolts away from him. Feral swung his saber horizontally, cutting into Mundi’s side. The white haired Jedi master fell to the ground as Feral held up his fist to order his archers to hold their fire. “Typical, Sith, can’t win honestly, so you need to cheat.” Mundi said, attempting to drag himself to his feet. Feral kicked the old man back to the ground, and used the force to take Mundi’s lightsaber from him. “Your moralistic Jedi dogma blinds, and weakens you.” Feral said, before chopping the Master’s head off.

Student on Shili

Recruitment: 17

Plo Koon landed on the Planet Shili to investigate claims of a force-sensitive Togruta. “Welcome Master Plo Koon,” a Togruta village elder told the Master Jedi, “I am glad that the Jedi received our message.” she continued, “Wherever the force takes root in a young child, the Jedi will be there to guide them.” Master Koon said, “The child, and her family are spending their final moments together.” the elder said, “Follow me, and I will show her to you.” she said, turning around, and walking to the village proper. The door to the hut opened, as Plo Koon could see a four year old Togruta girl being held in her mother’s arms. The girl’s father squatted across from the mother, and child, holding a doll in his hands. Both parents look at Master Plo with a look of concern as soon as he entered, knowing that their time was up.

The child used the force to lift the doll out of her father’s hand, and bring it to her arms. The mother, and father rose to their feet, and walked to the Master Jedi, “Your elder’s report was accurate, you have quite the little talent on your hands.” Master Plo said as the mother handed him the child, “Her name is Ashoka,” the father began, “Ashoka Tano.” he continued. Plo Koon turned to return to his ship, but was stopped by the mother asking “I know that the Jedi forbid such things, but will we ever be able to see her again?” Koon shifted slightly, thinking over his answer, “I’m afraid such a thing would be impossible,” he said, causing distress to both parents. “May the force be with you.” Master Plo said, bowing slightly to the parents before leaving.

Battle of the Eldest Brother

Military Expansion: 19

Prize: 20

In the steamy, and secretive jungles of Duros, Count Dooku approaches the camp of a prospective ally. The pirate camp was alive with the smell of meat, and booze wafting through the night air. Dooku entered the heart of the camp, drawing attention from the pirate band, “Well, well, well, what’s a noble like you doing in this neck of the woods?” a male Duros asked the Count. “I seek your leader, Denn Solo.” Dooku said.

A balding, red haired man rose to his feet, “The name’s Dalla Suul these days, Dooku.” he said, approaching the fallen Jedi, “What’s your business with me?” Dalla the Black asked. “I am here to offer you the opportunity to reclaim your family’s birthright, and take the throne of Corellia. Dooku said, Dalla looked at the count intrigued, “Really? What’s in it for you?” he asked. “I seek to gain a valuable ally in the core worlds,” Dooku answered, “If you agree to join the Confederacy of Independent States, then I personally promise that we will commit our naval, and droid forces to your conquest of Corellia.” Dooku offered. Solo thought for a moment, before shaking the count’s hand, and telling him “You have a deal!”

*/*/*/*/*

A few weeks later the Campaign for the Restoration of the Kingdom of Corellia began. The first part of the campaign was a faint attack led by Denn Solo’s only son, Jonash Solo, leading a small force of pirate corvettes, and fighters. The younger Solo’s attack succeed in its goal, drawing the majority of Corellia’s space force away from the planet, goading them into pursuing him after retreating into the Altawar system. This diversionary move allowed Denn Solo’s main naval force to easily breeze through the picket that had been left behind.

Having secured naval control of the planet, Denn Solo turned his attention to the ground. Solo began by demanding that he be made the absolute monarch of Corellia under threat of invasion, the offer was refused by Diktat Com Fordox. Following this, Solo launched his invasion by infamously bombing the Corellian capital of Coronet City, resulting in massive civilian casualties, and infrastructural damage. The Corellian command structure having been stunned, Solo’s forces established a beachhead in the city of Tyrena.

Upon the urging of Captain Garm Bel Iblis, Supreme Admiral Wilhuff Tarkin sent a fleet to liberate the planet of Corellia. Led by Captain Garm Bel Iblis himself, the Republic Task Force was initially successful in destroying the relatively weak pirate fleet. The tide turned, however, when Jonash Solo’s force emerged from the Altawar system, accompanied by a large CIS fleet.

The Republic, and CIS navies traded blows in an intense fight for control of Corellian space. For the first time in millennia a battle between two galactic powers had been fought. After losing a Corellian capital ship under his command, Garm Bel Iblis was forced to retreat under pressure from the numerically superior CIS forces, but not before sinking a fair number of the CIS’s light ships. The Republic task force retreated to the Rydonni System, and over the next few days, and weeks was reinforced by Republic forces from Vandor-5, Kuat, and even conscripted planetary defense forces from nearby systems until it was nearly equivalent in numbers to the CIS fleet over Corellia. The land war also continued longer than Solo, and the CIS expected, with Corellian forces digging in, and preventing Solo’s pirates from advancing much farther than Tyrena.

Crisis on Corellia: The CIS faces a huge opportunity, but also a chance to lose quite a bit of the progress it has made so far if it faces a large defeat at Corellia. Separatist commanders are ordered to protect the sky at all costs to keep a defense of the planet, ordering ground forces to focus on military installations on Corellia to control and back their overall assault. A victory by Jonash Solo is of paramount importance.

Dooku's Wait: Dooku remains on Raxus as he awaits the Jedi's representative to meet him on the peaceful planet. He prepares a set of talking points for the meeting, focusing on the need for the CIS to defend planets who have problems with the Republic, and that the Jedi have no business in purely political conflict. In the meantime, he orders more propaganda to be sent throughout the Outer Rim.

Republic Infiltration: The Separatists begin searching for a senator or two in the Republic they could use as 'useful idiots' to advance the Separatist cause inside the Senate. Senator Bonteri hopes to set up meetings with peace-proposing senators in order to meet with them about a potential deal between the Republic and the Confederacy in the future.

Defend the Lines: Looking at Confederacy-aligned systems, it is clear that some are more isolated than others. Separatist leaders meet and decide on planets of importance that are needed to defend Confederate territory in the Rim. Paramount among those is Malastare, and the target of Separatist propaganda in order to get them to pull away from the Republic peacefully.

Military Jitters: Dooku and Separatist leaders are concerned about a potential loss on Corellia and immediately begin meetings with the makers of their fleet, demanding to know if the fleet can hold up against Republic assault. They focus on the fact that if they lose on Corellia, what happens when the Republic comes for Separatist homeworlds like Raxus?

1. Obi Wan Kenobi and Qui Gon Jin along with Anakin Skywalker will train together in the Jedi temple.

2-3. Meditating in the deepest of the Jedi temple Yoda will meditate trying to find the identity of the new Sith Lord.

4-5. Masters Oppo Rancisis and Yarael Poof will go along with the Neimodian campaign 

Edited by Sean F Kennedy

9 minutes ago, Sean F Kennedy said:

4-5. Masters Oppo Rancisis and Yarael Poof will go along with the Neimodian campaign 

For story telling purposes, the Republic requested these jedi masters to perform battle meditation during the attacks on Cato and Deko Neimoidia

Edited by Richard

Coruscant Daily Holo-News

Infiltration: 2

Organa Supports Farr: 6

Leadership: 14

“Breaking news in the political scene tonight,” the anchorwoman for Coruscant Holo-News’s evening news broadcast began, “Republic Senate Defense Forces are reporting that they have recently broken up a Separatist Spy Ring, arresting dozens of CIS spies.” she said, “The majority of the spies are revealed to have been senate aids to various senators representing Outer, and Mid-Rim planets, though the most scandalous arrest is that of Senator Quarren Tikkes.” she continued. “In other news, the Chancellor Race is ramping up as most senators take sides between Oncando Farr, and Sheev Palpatine,” The anchorwoman said, changing subjects, “Political scientists, as well as civilian, are praising Senator’s Palpatine’s campaign as shockingly energetic, and inspiring for what has become, to some, an ossified, and disconnected system.” she said, “On the other side of the coin, freshman Senator Bail Organa’s speech in favor of Senator Farr has been criticized as a chorus of cliches, and platitudes fit for an idealistic holo-drama.” she continued. “It remains to be seen who will be the Republic’s next chancellor, though whoever they are will face the difficult task of winning the civil war, and restoring public confidence in democracy.” The anchorwoman finished, before moving on to another topic, “Actor Glup Shitto was spotted this morning exiting…”

Corellia Campaign

Counterattack: 14

Mon Calamari: 1

CIS Corellia: 16

The Republic’s attempts to retake Corellia got off to a terrible start, as the makeshift Mon Calamari loyalist fleet was near-totally destroyed as it attempted to navigate through CIS controlled space. The incident stoked already brewing tensions between the Separatist Quarren, and the Loyalist Mon Calamari. It also placed a stain upon Gial Ackbar’s legacy that would last for years.

All was not lost for the Republic however, as Captain Garm Bel Iblis led a dashing attack catching the CIS by surprise. Bel-Iblis’s strong, aggressive tactics forced the CIS navy to retreat Leronar after sustaining many losses. Though some criticized Iblis’s actions as costly, it nonetheless gave the Republic control of Corellian space, and garnered a massive amount of positive press coverage on the Republic holo-net. Iblis’s victory in space also allowed the Republic to attack the Neimoidian purse worlds unmolested.

Meanwhile, the ground campaign swung in favor of the CIS, with Dalla’s forces having been bolstered with CIS battledroids before the arrival of Iblis’s forces. With the aid of these reinforcements, Dalla was able to breakthrough his beachhead at Tyrena, and capture vast swaths of Corellia’s southern continent. Though the majority of the fighting was done by legions of impersonal battledroids, the most popular flashpoint of the battle seen across the CIS holo-net was Jonash Solo’s dashing, though costly, charge of Republic positions in the Kor Vella mesa. Despite the fact that the charge was unsuccessful, the image of the handsome young Solo leading a multi-species charge against heavily entrenched humans played well to Outer Rim non-human populations.

Attack on the Purse Worlds

Purse Worlds: 9

Inform the Trade Federation: 6

Oppo Rancisis: 7

Yarael Poof: 10

Fleet Buildup: 3

Malastare: 7

Meeting: 5

If the campaign on Corellia was the ideal romanticized battle, filled with heroics, and spectacle on both sides, then the Republic attack on the Neimoidian Purse Worlds wash the brutal slog that shocked both sides into realizing what it would take to win this war. The Trade Federation refused to believe Darth Sidious’s warnings of an oncoming Republic attack on their purse worlds, allowing the Republic battle fleets to enter the orbit of Cato Neimoidia with little resistance. The Republic Navy was able to wipe out the Trade Federation’s shipyards over Cato, and Deko Neimoidia, depriving the CIS of one of their premier shipbuilders. Despite the initial success against CIS naval forces, the Purse Worlds Campaign did not end successfully for the Republic.

On Cato Neimodia the fighting devolved into a slog between Republic, and CIS forces. Jedi Master Yarael Poof led the Republic’s ground forces on the planet, but was not consequential in the grand scheme of the battle. One of the greatest successes of the battle came when Republic forces were able to capture Nute Gunray’s mechno-chair, giving them both a propaganda victory, as well as allowing them to know that the Trade Federation had been tipped off about the attack. The fighting on Cato Neimodia continues, with neither side having a major advantage.

On Deko Neimodia, the situation was far worse for the Republic. Though the naval battle for control of the planet’s orbit did result in a Republic victory, it also deprived the Republic forces of a large chunk of its close-air-support starships. Without dominant air support, the Republic forces were unable to breakout of their beachhead on the planet, culminating in commander of Republic forces on Deko Neimodia Jedi Master Oppo Rancisis being critically wounded. With Master Rancisis no longer fit for combat, the Republic ground forces retreated into orbit.

The campaign also had wider effects on the rest of the Galactic community, beyond the battlefields of the Purse Worlds. The campaign proved to the rulers of Malastare that the Republic was committed to the defense of planets beyond the core, leading to them rejecting the CIS delegation. The Jedi participation in the campaign also proved to Dooku that his attempts to encourage the Jedi to stay out of the war had failed. Disappointed in the Order’s decision, Dooku nonetheless prepared for a long, and brutal civil war, where he would almost certainly be forced to kill some of his former friends that are still in the Jedi Order.

The Phantom Revealed

Meditation 1: 15

Investigate Palpatine: 20

Malicos: 1

Jedi Training: 15

Training: 14

Meditation 2: 18

Sith Youngling: 20

Yoda sat in his chambers, deep in meditation, seeing scenes from across the future of the galaxy. He saw a senator’s office, though the owner of the office was obscured from view by Master Windu, Master Fisto, Master Tinn, and Master Koth. The aura was tense, a powder keg ready to explode.

“In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you are under arrest, Chancellor.” Windu said, as the Jedi ignited their lightsabers. “Are you attempting to overthrow the Senate, Master Jedi?” the Chancellor asked, “You are a Sith Lord, and an enemy of the Republic!” Windu proclaimed. “As you would do well to recall, the Galactic Constitution forbids religious discrimination by the Galactic Senate,” the Chancellor began, “Being a Sith is not illegal.” he explained. “That is for the Senate to decide.” Windu countered, “I am the Senate.” the Chancellor said, “Not yet.” the Jedi Master said, getting into a battle stance.

“It’s treason then.” the Chancellor said, rising to his feet, and revealing a lightsaber he had hidden under his desk. The Chancellor ignited his crimson blade, and uttered a sickening Sith Scream, before leaping at the Jedi. Moving in a blur, the Sith cut down Jedi Masters Koth, and Tinn before they could respond. Master Fisto attempted to strike at the Sith Chancellor, but was countered, and put on the defensive by the Sith. Fisto, though a skilled duelist, was unable to match the power, and prowess of the Sith Lord, and was decapitated after a short clash.

Master Windu struck at the Sith Lord, tapping into the dark side in order to keep pace. Purple, and Red sabers clashed in a tense, explosive duel that carried the two participants through the Chancellor’s office. Windu attacked the Chancellor aggressively, and passionately, destroying the Sith’s lightsaber, and forcing him to the floor. Before Master Windu was able to strike down the last of the Sith, the door to the Chancellor’s office opened.

“I relent, oh I relent, please.” the Chancellor moaned as the door fully opened, revealing Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker. “What are you doing?” Anakin asked as he entered the office, seeing Windu hold his lightsaber over the Chancellor. “The Chancellor is a Sith Lord, you told us so yourself!” Windu said, “Then we should arrest him, and allow the senate to decide his fate.” Anakin said. “He’s too dangerous to be left alive!” Windu countered, “Oh, I am weak, I am weak,” the Chancellor said, “Anakin please, help me!” he begged. “This is not the Jedi way!” Anakin protested, nonetheless Windu raised his saber to strike, “I need him!” Anakin cried, as he cut off Windu’s arm before he could strike down the Sith. The Sith Lord laughed maniacally as he used his force lightning to electrocute Mace Windu, and force him out of the office window.

*/*/*/*/*

Back in the present, Senator Bail Organa is given an update about the investigation into Senator Palpatine’s personal life. “I’ve infiltrated Palpatine Manor, nothing unusual yet, though I’m now coming up on his office.” Investigator Turner said, “Understood, don’t get caught, and report back to me as soon as you find anything incriminating.” Organa ordered, “Over, and out.” Turner responded, ending communications.

Coming upon the door to Palpatine’s home office, Turner found it to be locked with a palm pad. Turner hummed in thought, remembering his training on how to circumvent such locks. The investigator placed his palm into the pad, and twisted, and moved his hand in order to create a facsimile of Palpatine’s palm. The lock clicked open, and Turner pushed the door open quietly.

Turner investigated the office, finding it to be normal. Too normal, as if it had been surgically designed to not arouse any suspicion. Turner looked through Palpatine’s desk, hoping to find something unusual in his files. Though he did not find anything in the files, Turner did find a small statuette on the Senator’s desk. The statuette was of what looked to be a Jedi, who it was exactly, Turner did not know, but he could see that written on the statuette was the phrase “Through Victory my chains are Broken.”

Determining that the line was from a larger saying, Turner walked the room, searching for anything that could lead to him to the rest of the saying.

*/*/*/*/*

Meanwhile, Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi arrives in the Jedi Temple’s spaceport, greeted by Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jin, and Padawan Anakin Skywalker. “Welcome my old apprentice,” Qui-Gon greeted, “How was your time in Wild Space?” he asked, “Eventful,” Kenobi answered, “It almost made me miss battling Sith Lords.” he continued. “I’m sure we’ll have time to hear all about it later, but for now we must train.” Qui-Gon said, “Won’t you kindly accompany me, and Anakin to the sparring room?” he asked. Kenobi nodded, told his former master, “Lead the way!”

As the trio walked to the Temple’s sparring chamber, they passed by Senator Palpatine. “What’s a Senator doing in the Jedi Temple?” Kenobi asked, “I don’t know, neither do I like it, but Master Yoda has said nothing against it.” Jin said, “I heard Mr. Palpatine, and Master Malicos talking a few days ago.” Anakin chimed in. “What business does he have with Malicos?” Kenobi asked, before bumping into the Senator in question. For a split second, Kenobi saw the Chancellor’s eyes betray his usual persona, as they gazed at the Jedi with recognition, and disgust, before they were quickly replaced by Palpatine’s usual orbs of caring, and congeniality.

“My apologies, Jedi Kenobi, I really should look where I’m going.” he said, “Might I ask where the three of you are heading?” Palpatine asked, ruffling Skywalker’s hair, “We were heading to the sparring chamber, so that Anakin can practice his Lightsaber fighting.” Jin answered. “Ah yes,” Palpatine began, “Quite a pertinent skill these days,” he said, eyeing Kenobi subtly. As the Senator walked off, Kenobi stared after him, “Something is off about that man,” Kenobi began, “I haven’t felt such a presence sine my time on Mandalore.” he said, before turning to Jin, and Skywalker, and telling them, “I’ll have to train with you sometime later, I simply must find out what Palaptine’s business here is.”

*/*/*/*/*

Back on Naboo, Investigator Turner, having learned the full mantra, paced the floor of Palpatine’s home office. Not fully knowing the relevance of the mantra, Turner said it in full, in an attempt to glean its true meaning. “Peace is a lie, there is only passion; Through passion, I gain strength; Through strength, I gain power; Through power, I gain victory; Through victory, my chains are broken;” he said, “The Force shall set me free.” he ended. As he uttered the final line of the mantra, a click emanated from Palpatine’s bookshelf, and a book slid out of place. Waking to the bookshelf, Turner found that the book was labeled Qotsisajak. Pulling the book from the shelf caused the shelf to rumble, and open, revealing a secret chamber.

In the chamber, Turner found an extensive collection of occult artifacts. On one side of the wall were dark ceremonial robes, and various artifacts belonging to various Sith Lords from across the past. Held in a glass case was a lightsaber hilt, its label reading “Master Ki-Adi-Mundi’s lightsaber, Slew by Darth Vindicta on Dathomire in the Year 0ASR. “My god,” Turner said, realizing that what he had stumbled upon blew any sex scandal out of the water. Senator Palpatine was-

*/*/*/*/*

In his chambers, Yoda continued to meditate, seeing the future of the Republic. Shortly before the confrontation in the Chancellor’s Office. The Chancellor, and Anakin Skywalker sat next to each other as they watched an opera. The Chancellor was still mostly obscured from Yoda’s view.

“Have you ever heard, The Tragedy, of Darth Plagueis the Wise?” the chancellor asked. Anakin nodded to indicate that he hadn’t, “I thought not,” the chancellor said, “It’s not a story that the Jedi would tell you. It’s an old Sith legend” he continued. “Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful, and so wise, he could use the force to influence the midi-chlorians to create life.” the Chancellor said, “He had such mastery of the Dark Side, that he could even keep the one’s he cared about, from dying.” he continued, causing Anakin to look over to him, intrigued. “He could actually, save people from death?” Anakin asked, “The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be, unnatural.” the Chancellor said ominously.

“Well, what happened to him?” Anakin asked, “He became so powerful, that the only thing he feared was, losing his power.” The chancellor revealed, “Which, eventually of course, he did.” he continued. “Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, and one day, his apprentice killed him in his sleep.” the Chancellor said. “Ironic,” the Chancellor said, “He could save others from dying, but not himself.” Anakin remained silent for a moment, before stating, “From a certain point of view, though for his apprentice, I suppose it was a happy ending.” Anakin said, to which the Chancellor chuckled in agreement. Anakin pondered asking further, but his wonder grew too great, “Is it possible to learn this power?” he asked. “Not from a Jedi.” the Chancellor said, and at that moment, Yoda could finally see the Chancellor’s face. The Dark Lord of the Sith that they had been hunting was-

*/*/*/*/*

Obi-Wan Kenobi snuck through the halls silently, before hiding behind a pillar in a depopulated segment of the Jedi Temple, to eavesdrop on Senator Palpatine’s conversation with Jedi Malicos. He had missed the start of the conversation, but what he heard was enough to unnerve him. “I was Darth Plagueis’s apprentice.” Palpatine revealed, “You mean you’re-” Malicos began, “Darth Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith.” Palpatine interrupted. “I have sensed in you great power, Malicos, I can offer you the power, and glory you dream of, if you join with me, and destroy the Jedi.” Palpatine offered. Malicos remained silent for a moment, stunned at what transpired, before scowling at the Senator, “You expect me to bow before you, and slaughter the only family I’ve had?” he asked, “What do you take me for!?” he yelled. “You disappoint me, Malicos, so much wasted potential.” Palpatine chided. “I’ll show you waste!” Malicos yelled, igniting his blue lightsaber, and lunging at the Sith Lord.

Darth Sidious ignited his own red lightsaber, and parried Malicos’ strike away. Obi-Wan ignited his own blue lightsaber, and lunged at Darth Sidious from the other direction. “Kenobi!” Sidious snarled as he countered the Jedi’s strike, “I never trusted you Palpatine!” Kenobi yelled. The two Jedi struck at the Sith Lord in unison, but were unable to land a strike on him.

Sidious, seeing a group of Jedi rushing to his location, decided to retreat. He used the force to push Obi-Wan Kenobi away from him, before quickly slicing off Taron Malicos’s arms, and running away. Kenobi rose to his feet as a mob of Jedi knights, and masters arrived at his location. “He went that way!” Kenobi said, pointing after Darth Sidious, “Do not let him escape!” Master Windu ordered the crowd as they charged after the Sith Lord. The Jedi, despite their best efforts, lost the Dark Lord, allowing him to escape capture aboard his personal transport.

*/*/*/*/*

After escaping from Coruscant on his personal starship, Palpatine cursed his luck, and how decades of planning had gone out the window due to a simple mistake. He glowered as he read the galactic news, not only had the Jedi discovered that he was a Sith, it seemed as if someone had broken into his home, and discovered his hidden chamber. As his starship traveled to the Sith’s secret base on Byss, Palpatine meditated, searching for a possible solution to his woos. He had hoped to discover a force-sensitive child that the Jedi had not known of, but instead fond something so much better. A planet filled with potential Sith Acolytes, a planet not on any starmaps… A planet, called Dromund Kass, where the Sith Empire of Old, never died. Palpatine smiled, a wonderful development after a horrid day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Based 1

Darth Sideous sat on his ship, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Things had been torn asunder, his carefully placed plans had been torn to shreds. Decades of planning gone in one day.

But the Dark Side had provided for him. Dromund Kaas. The last remnant of the Sith Empire had been found. This was a more than adequate place to formulate a new plan of action. Indeed, he could work from here. 

But first he would make one last hurrah at the Republic.

Sideous would temporarily leave his new home planet, not wanting the slightest possibility of it being found. Once away he would record himself. He would say thus.

My fellow citizens of The Republic. I am sorry for having hidden my true self from you. I claimed to work for openness for our Republic and transparency, yet I hid this part of myself. I apologize to you for this.

But, I will also say, I am still Sheev Palpatine. I am still the man who campaigned for reform, I am still the man who fought for the rights of our citizens, I am still the man who campaigned on protecting our people from the ravages of war.

I am still the man who cares for you all. 

But I understand that is not enough. I must explain to you why I hid this element of myself from you.

You see, it was fear that struck me. Fear of the Jedi.

My beliefs are a religion, one that the Jedi oppose and seek to stamp out. I was forced to hide myself out of fear of persecution and death. I feared the Jedi would come for me when they learned of my beliefs, and they did!

Tears will begin to form as Palpatine takes a moment to wipe his face and let out a gentle sob.

In- In the past those who have followed my faith have acted against our Republic. But that is in the past, one thousand years in the past! In my campaign to become Chancellor I emphasized moving forward into the next millennia! 

Forgetting the mistakes and troubles of the past I wanted to bring us to a new era! One where people of all races and faiths could walk alongside one another!

And...

Palpatine chokes one more.

And, now you know. The reason I fought so hard for the rights of non-humans is because I know the feeling of persecution myself... I thought if I were to fight against it then maybe I myself could walk freely as my true self. 

But sadly, the moment the Jedi found out who I truly was they tried to kill me and drove me from my life...

So, my fellow citizens. Do know, I'm sorry for hiding things from you.

-------------------------------------------

Returning to his new home planet Dromund Kaas, Sideous will introduce himself to the inhabitants. 

Sideous and his fellow Sith Lords will appear in the centre of Kaas City. Before the populace they will announce that the Sith have come back to the planet with the goal of reconciling them with the Sith. 

The Sith will announce that with the consent and aid of the leadership of Dromund Kaas a Sith Temple will be built and a Sith Order will begin anew. Mirroring the Jedi in a way of having Sith Masters, Knights and Apprentices. Truly making an organized force of the Sith, one to match the Jedi.

Various Bounty Hunters will be hired to retrieve the lightsaber that once belonged to Savage Opress. However, the Bounty Hunters will be contacted the discrete and hard to follow channels. They will be ordered to bring the lightsaber to Count Dooku on Raxus.

Sideous hopes that the Bounty Hunters won't accomplish the plan but they will spill their orders, causing further confusion across the galaxy as well as creating a tie between Dooku, the CIS and the Sith. 

Sidious will next travel to the planet of Kamino. 

There he will meet with the Kaminoans whom he hired to build the Republic's Clone Army. He will tell them not to stop with their work, but he will make sure that the Republic get no wind of this. He will also tell the Kaminoans that while the Clone Army will be paid for they may no longer be for the Republic.

Secondly, a small entourage of droids will carry in a stone sarcophagus, Maul and Feral flank the droids.

Sideous will face the Kaminoans. "And, I have a new request for your cloning talents." Using the force the lid to the sarcophagus will slide open, revealing the body of Savage Opress. 

Maul and Feral gasp before being reassured by Sideous. "The loss of one as great as Darth Wilde saddened me deeply, truly shook me to my core. And thus, while we may have lost him, I still want him to stand with us. His shall be the face of the new Sith army. So that he will always be by our side and share in our achievements."

Sideous gazed over the skyline of Kaas City as the two Nightbrothers entered the room. 

"Master." They greeted.

Sideous smiled and turned to face them. "Darth Maul, Darth Vindicta. A pleasure to see you both."

Maul spoke first. "You called us?"

Sideous nodded and spoke. "I did indeed. You see, for the two of you I have a task of the utmost importance. You see, our new planet of Drumond Kaas once belonged to the original Sith race. And therefore an idea sprung to my mind, they must have left footprints."

Feral spoke. "I see, and you wish for us to investigate."

Sideous smiled again. "More than that. I wish for the two of you to go and not only investigate for Sith artefacts but also to see if you can fine DNA. I know this may not be possible but the is still a small chance that something may be preserved."

Sideous' eyes lit up with a sort of twisted wonder. "If there is then we can use our connections in Kamino and revive not only the Sith Empire but the Sith race."

Corellia Campaign: Valorum was utterly shocked by the by recent series of events. The investigation into the former Senator Palpatine was only supposed to unearth some salacious tidbit to damage his chances to win the Supreme Chancellor race. Not expose him as the leader of the cabal of Sith that attempted to murder Senator Farr. And the evidence from the Jedi Council was equally damning. How different things had unraveled from what he expected. At least this turn of events all but guaranteed Farr the Supreme Chancellorship.

But it would appear Palpatine would not go gently into that good night. His call to the people of the Republic, and by extension their Senators, to still support him was unthinkable. The gal of a man so beaten to continue fighting was almost admirable. Surely the people, and hopefully the Senate, would see through someone aligned with the Sith. But what to do with the Senators that willingly voted for a Sith lord. Perhaps they could join Senator Quarren Tikkes in prison? Although that was no course for a democracy. Thankfully Valorum thought, that will be Farr’s problem to deal with. Now, however, more pressing issues required his attention. Palpatine was incredibly focused on the clone army of Kamino. This bears some looking into, as a clone army committed to a Sith lord instead of the Republic could spell disaster. Valorum had just the man for the job. One of his newest lieutenants; Bail Organa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valorum greeted Supreme Admiral Tarkin onboard the Decimator for an in-person update on the war effort. The near total disaster of the Mon Calamari gambit grieved him deeply. But war is full of tough decisions that good men must pay the consequences for. Tarkin had just completed his briefing on the current situation of Corellia. Tarkin recommended committing the ground forces of the counterattack after extensive tactical bombardment by close-air-support starships. Valorum nodded in agreement.

“The only adjustment I would make to the initial landing is to ensure we lead with a multi-species division. We cannot afford to let the CIS win the propaganda war here. Corellia will be won or lost by the efforts of the whole Republic and no one species.

And one additional thing. Once your forces make planetfall begin distributing weapons to the civilian population resisting Jonash Solo. Nothing quite motivates people to fight like someone invading their home and trying to set themselves up as a dictator.”

Purse World Campaign: Tarkin moved the brief onto the attacks of Cato and Deko Neimoidia. The attacks had, at least tactical, not gone as planned. Though it was hard to dismiss the strategic value of knocking two very important shipyards out of commission. Valorum authorized a portion of the Vandor-3 reserve forces to reinforce the fleet, and Tarkin to do what he must in order to achieve air superiority over the purse worlds. Some of the ships from the Senate’s recently approved military expansion would have to backfill them. Valorum further authorized ground forces from the reserve as well to occupy both planets.

Ground soldiers would hopefully no longer be a concern following the passage of more legislation in the Senate. Again another tasks that Organa would have to come through on. And while he was casting hope about, he wished the Senate could see the wisdom in conscription, especially now with the war turning hot and a known Sith lord on the prowl.

Raid on Scipio: As Tarkin wound down his brief on the situation of the war Valorum brought up his final reason for the visit. The next target of the Republic’s military might.

“Our strike on the purse worlds has certainly weakened the Trade Federation and the greater CIS. We must continue to bring the war to the corporate backers of the CIS. They are the real power behind the CIS, and not whatever facsimile of a ‘Senate’ Dooku puts on at Raxus. And if we can break them, it will go a long way in shortening this war.

Therefore I want a relatively small, but quick and stealthy force to raid Scipio. Their objective will be the Intergalactic Banking Glan’s vaults on the world. We are not attempting to occupy Scipio merely conduct a hit and run. However, when we strike I either want the currency stored in those vaults capture to fund the Republic’s war effort, or destroyed to deprive the Banking Clan and the CIS of their use."

Edited by Richard
grammar fix

image.png.14122456d3111220ea450cc63ec3c2b0.png

Seeing if I just post the map if it will be intelligible. Not sure how much you will be able to zoom in. I'll also post in powerpoint form so people can ctrl f search for planets and zoom in.

War Fronts

CIS Offensives

Corellia: contested ground. Republic controls orbit. 

Republican Offensives

Cato Neimoidia: contested ground. Republic controls orbit. 

Deko Neimoidia: CIS controls ground. Republic controls orbit. 

Turn 5 Map.pptx

Edited by Richard
  • Based 1

1-2. Qui Gon Jin will plead to Count Dooku to join the Jedi in the assault on Sideous telling him that Palpatine is a danger to both Republic and Seperatists alike.

3-5. In an emergency meeting Grand Master Yoda will assemble the most powerful Jedi knight and masters to lead a full attack on Darth Sideous. This includes Yoda, Mace Windu, Qui Gon Jin, Shaak Ti, and others.

(Shaak Ti has several lifes so it's a good thing to use her 😛 )

Star wars padme, Star wars film, Battle of geonosis

Padmé Amidala : How could I be manipulated by one of my oldest and most trustworthy advisors? Sheev even helped me in my royal election...

Bail Organa : I can't imagine that he's been able to manipulate us that far, but evidences are here. When I got the report from my agent, I informed Supreme Chancellor Valorum and locked myself up in my appartment for two days.

Mon Mothma : What matters now is to move forward with next chancellor Farr and clean the senate from those who might have known Sidious. I am suspicious that no senator, nor anyone in this planet never known about his double identity.

Bail Organa comes back to the senate floor where he received several instructions from Chancellor Valorum. The senator prefers to serves as a caution and action for the good of the Republic.

Back on the senate floor.

1st event : Put Kamino in safety

Mas Ameda : Senator Organa from Alderan may take the floor.

Bail Organa

Dear colleagues, this is a serious time. Our Republic has nearly sunk under the influence of a Sith Lord, our Republic has nearly destroyed itself from within.
I think everyone here would agree that we need to bring to light all of the schemes of the Sith Lord, who until recently was one of our colleagues.

I therefore ask that our Senate pass a measure to place the clone industries of Kamino under the surveillance of the armies of the Republic. I do not believe that the Kaminoans are complicit with the former Sith senator, but his insistence on commanding a clone army requires us to place the Kamino clone industries under Republic protection, for it seems to me that he has taken too great an interest in them.

To the senator of Kamino I ask for your full cooperation in this task, we wish to protect you.

Second event : A real Grand Army for the Republic, made of planet's inner forces

Senator Organa once again floated in the center of the vast Senate building. This new proposal would be far weightier than the previous Declaration of Resolve. Recent events had proven the Republic was going to need a massive army. Far larger than merely a contribution of the ground forces of each planetary defense force. And continuing to strip defenses from individual planets was not a winning long-term strategy.  It was time to broach conscription. 

However, the Republic would not ask much of its member worlds; only 1/1000th of a percent of each planet’s population. 0.001% did not sound like much, but across the sprawling Republic, it meant trillions of recruits for the Grand Army. Coruscant alone with its trillions would contribute 10s of millions at that paltry percentage. To preserve the local rule of each planet the legislation would allow them to determine how to gain those soldiers. Hopefully, there would be enough volunteers. The individual planets need not worry about equipping those troops unless they choose to. The utterly vast industry of the Republic would be turned over to a war footing, producing everything from blaster rifles to armor to armored vehicles and transports to the mundane necessities of military life (boots, canteens, mess kits, and so on). 

The recruits will muster on Vandor-3 in waves for equipping, training, and assignment to formations. The citizens of the Republic would muster to her defense. Senator Organa knew this might not be the most popular piece of legislation, but it was what was required for the salvation of the Republic. He would give his most impassioned argument for its support.

Edited by Edouard

1. Count Dooku focuses on creating a more streamlined approach inside the Confederacy that could lead to more cohesion within the army.

2. The army scrambles to get reinforcements to Corellia.

3. Cato and Deko armies led by the CIS attempt to hold the ground they have right now and potentially turn the tide on the ground without significant air support.

4. Dooku summons the Trade Federation leaders to meet about the state of the navy of the Confederacy.

5. Senator Bonteri delivers a speech rallying the CIS, declaring the Republic attacked sovereign Confederate territory in a tyrannical bid to instill their government in the galaxy. She calls on all likeminded citizens in the galaxy to rise up against them.

Victory on Corellia

Reinforcements: 5

Corellia: 20

The Republic scored a major victory in the early war by securing Corellia. After the CIS attempt to break the Republic control of the planet’s orbit failed, Dalla Solo’s fate was sealed. The CIS droids, and pirates were defeated quickly after a counter offensive by the Galactic Republic’s ground forces. During the offensive, Dalla Solo was captured by Corellian forces, which turn forced his son Jonash to sue for peace in order to prevent an execution. The Solo family, and what remains of their men, are locked in Corellia’s most secure prison.

Defeat on Deko

Purse Worlds: 8

Hold the Line: 15

The Republic victory on Corellia was tempered by the CIS victory on Deko Neimodia. After driving the Republic from the ground, the CIS turned their guns to space, forcing the Republic to retreat to Cato Neimodia in order to save their fleet. Meanwhile on Cato Neimodia, the CIS held the line against the Republics forces, continuing the stalemate

Protect Kamino: 10

Hunt for Sidious 1: 19

Clone Army: 13

After the Republic’s victory on Corellia, and her scathing defeat on Deko Neimoidia, newly elected Chancellor Farr orders Jedis Mace Windu, and Obi-Wan Kenobi to investigate the planet Kamino. Awaiting them are the beginning threads of a dastardly plot by the Sith that threatens to upend the galaxy as we know it. The rainy planet shall form the backdrop for the first chapter in the Jedis’ hunt for the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Sidious.

This is…

Return of the Empire: Episode I – Mission to Kamino

The pair of Jedi starfighters touched down on the Kaminoan landing pad. As Jedi Master Mace Windu, and Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi exited their respective starfighters, they were greeted by a Kaminoan scientist. “Greetings, Jedi.” the scientists said, “I understand that you are here to investigate our cloning facilities, but I assure you, there are no Sith Lords here.” it said. “We’ll be the judge of that.” Master Windu said, “Lead the way.” he ordered.

Inside of the Kaminoan city, the Jedi saw a pristine white testing chamber. They observed as a young group of clones fought their way through a training mission. “As you can see, the first batch of clone troopers will be ready for service very shortly.” the scientist said, “Impressive, though I must ask who donated the genetic material for these clones.” Knight Kenobi asked. “The base we used to make these clones came from a Mandalorian by the name of Jango Fett, I’m afraid that Mr. Fett is currently away on other business at the moment.” the scientist answered, “Did Darth Sidious arrange for Jango Fett to be the base for these clone troopers?” Master Windu asked, “Senator Palpatine was not the one who brought Jango Fett to us.” the scientist answered, “Then who did?” Knight Kenobi asked, “It was one of your own, I believe his name was Krell.” the scientist said. The Jedi exchanged a look to each other, before Master Windu asked, “Can you show us the rest of the clone regiments?”

Obi-Wan noticed the scientist look past him, and Windu, before nodding, and telling them “Of course, follow me.” Kenobi turned to look at what the scientist saw. Turning around, Jedi found a Kaminoan leader shuffling into a different room. Kenobi grabbed Windu’s arm, whispered to him, “Keep your communicator on, something’s off about these Kaminoans”, before letting him go, and following the Kaminoan leader.

Kenobi followed the Kaminoan to a holoprojector. Crouching behind a wall, Kenobi observed as the projector activated, showing a hologram of Darth Sidious. “Lord Sidious, I am here to report that the Jedi have arrived on Kamino.” the Kaminoan said, “Just as I expected,” the Dark Lord of the Sith said, “Do not allow them to compromise our plans.” he ordered. “I assure you, the Jedi shall not survive, we shall ensure that.” the Kaminoan said. “Excellent.” Sidious said, “Send the equipment for Project Starkiller, and Project Resurrection to landing-zone 33, where my ship awaits them.” he continued, “Right away, sir.” the Kaminoan said before the holoprojector shut off.

“Master Windu, the Kaminoans are working with the Sith!” Kenobi said, “I know, they just sicked their security bots on me!” Windu responded. “Do you have a plan, Obi-Wan?” Windu asked as he deflected blaster bolts back at his attackers, “I’ll go after Darth Sidious, you take out the cloning facilities.” Kenobi said. “Understood, but be careful young Knight, he’s a very powerful Sith Lord.” Windu said, “Oh believe me, Master Windu, Sith Lords are my specialty” Kenobi said, before running towards landing-zone 33.

*/*/*/*/*

Darth Sidious observed as his personal assistance droids carried the cloning vats onto his personal starship. A moment later a blue lightsaber flew past the Sith’s head, cutting through a Kaminoan sentry droid to his right. Sidious ducked as the saber turned around, and destroyed the Kaminoan sentry droid that was on Sidious’s left side. Sidious ignited his crimson blade, and saw that his opponent was the Jedi Knight Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Sidious lunged at the Jedi Knight, knocking him off balance. Kenobi regained his balance, and struck at the Sith lord aggressively. Blue, and Red sparks flew off of either saber as the duo locked in a test of strength. “I’m surprised you’re so eager to get beaten by me again, Jedi.” Sidious spat, “You haven’t killed me yet.” Kenobi quipped, “Nobody here to save you this time!” Sidious growled, as he ushered up a bit of strength from the Dark Side. Sidious shoved his saber forward, knocking Kenobi back.

Before Sidious could take advantage of his opponent’s predicament, Kenobi used the force to push him backwards. “Jedi fool!” Sidious scorned, “You are weak compared to me!” he said, “Oh, really, is that why you haven’t been able to land a blow on me up to this point?” Kenobi chided. Sidious released a howl of dark side energy, and lunged at Kenobi, launching a vicious assault on his opponents defenses. Sidious thrust his arm at his opponent, sending him flying backwards, and forcing Kenobi to release his lightsaber.

Sidious raised his saber, and prepared to strike down the Jedi knight. Before he could do so, an explosion ruptured from the heart of the Kaminoan city. “My army!” Darth Sidious cried, before Kenobi pushed him away by using the force. Sidious balanced himself as he skid on the ground, flipped onto his feet, and turned to check to see that his personal starship was fully loaded. The Sith Lord looked back at Kenobi just in time to see the Jedi throw his lightsaber at him. Sidious deflected the Jedi’s saber away, knocking it to the ground, before using the force to detach a nearby lamppost, and throwing onto Kenobi, pinning him to the ground. Darth Sidious retreated from to his personal starship as Mace Windu arrived, and helped Kenobi to his feet. “I stuck a tracking beacon to his starship, though it will take it a while to lead us to him.” Kenobi said, “That’s good, though the Senate will not be pleased to know that we destroyed Palpatine’s clone army.” Windu said, “Never trust a politician to do a Jedi’s work.” Kenobi quipped, eliciting a bemused huff from Mace Windu, the closest thing to a laugh that the grizzled Jedi Master was capable of.

*/*/*/*/*

Deep within the Sith Temple on Dromund Kaas, Darth Sidious inspected his new cloning chamber. On one side of the room sat the three cloning vats filled with the subjects of Project Starkiller, three little Sith lords slowly inching towards maturity. On the other side sat three empty cloning vats, waiting for prime genetic material. Sidious gave a small, devious smile, brought up a handheld-holoprojector, and spoke to his apprentices, “Everything is in place, begin Project Resurrection.” he ordered.

(Only 4 more major episodes this write up, and they will be up throughout the week. I'm sorry for taking so long, but I promise that they will be exciting, engaging, and worth the wait.)

• Like 1
  • Based 1

Ambush on Serenno

Qui-Gon and Dooku: 9

Convince Dooku: 10

Speech: 13

Bounty Hunters: 13

Dooku sat in one of the many parlors on his estate on Serenno. The lights dim as he listened to a news report on Mina Boonteri’s speech to the CIS senate. The speech had been well received by those already friendly to the Separatist cause, but did not make any major inroads among those still on the fence. A knock emanated from the door to the parlor, “Someone here to see you, m’lord.” the guard said, Dooku, reaching out in the force, already knew who sought him. “Send him in.” Dooku orderd.

The door opened, and Qui-Gon Jin walked through, taking a seat facing his old master. “I see that the Jedi have finally decided to send one of their own.” Dooku said bitterly, “The council made the decision to not speak with you, I had no part in that decision, nor do I agree with it.” Qui-Gon defended. Dooku huffed, “What you say may be true, but then why are you here?” he asked, “The Dark Lord of the Sith has been revealed, we need your help to take him down.” Qui-Gon said.

Ah yes, news of the situation on Coruscant traveled quickly, I never trusted Palpatine.” Dooku responded. “So you will help us?” Jin asked, Dooku rose to his feet, asked “Why should a Sepratist help the Republic?” he went on to say, “A Republic which very nearly had a Sith Lord as Chancellor, at that.” Master Jin then rose to his feet, telling Dooku, “I am not asking a Separatist to aid the Republic, I am asking a Jedi to help other Jedi hunt down a Sith Lord.” Dooku ambled to a window overlooking his vineyards, “I am no longer a Jedi, the council’s decision to spurn me, and devote itself to the Republic has made me certain of that.” he said solemnly, “If the Sith decide to attack the Confederacy, then I shall fight them, but I will not fight the Republic’s war for them.” he continued. Qui-Gon tensed, and left wordlessly as Count Dooku looked after him, face tense in internal conflict.

*/*/*/*/*

As Qui-Gon approached his starfighter, he could sense danger approaching him. Turning slightly to his left, he spotted a Mandalorian warrior in mid-air. Armor gleaming in the light expunged by his jetpack’s engines, the Mandalorian fired a volley of lasers at the Jedi Master. Qui-Gon quickly responded by activating his lightsaber, and using it to deflect the incoming projectiles. As the Mandalorian landed, and allowed his blasters to cool, Qui-Gon took the opportunity to charge at his opponent. Qui-Gon slashed at his opponent, and was taken aback when the Mandalorian used his forearm armor to parry his attack.

Beskar armor,” Qui-Gon observed as his lighsaber bounced off his opponent’s armor, “You must be one of Sidious’s soldiers.” he said. “Not even close, Jedi.” the bounty hunter responded, punching Jin in his nose, and causing the Jedi to lower his guard. The bounty hunter released a grappling hook from either of his wrists, one attaching itself to Qui-Gon’s lightsaber, the other attaching itself to the lightsaber hilt that once belonged to Darth Wilde, which Jin had placed on his belt for safe keeping. The Mandalorian gave a hard tug to both wires, simultaneously disarming Jin, and capturing Darth Wilde’s hilt.

The bounty hunter inspected the lightsaber hilts, and nodded in satisfaction. Seeing that the Jedi was attempting to retake his lightsaber, the Mandalorian unholstered one of his guns, and shot Jin’s right hand. “I wasn’t ordered to kill you,” the bounty hunter began as he placed the lightsaber hilts on his belt, “But I’m sure my employer will offer me a health bonus if I bring you back dead.” he said, pulling out his stinger pistol.

Master Jin braced for death, but death did not come. Looking at his foe, Jin saw that the bounty hunter was straining, but unable to fire the killing blow. Jin used this to his advantage, using the force to bring his lightsaber into his left hand. Lunging up, Jin disarmed his opponent by cutting through his stinger pistols. “Who hired you!?” Jin demanded, pointing his saber at his opponent, “Count Dooku.” the bounty hunter said.

Before Jin could question him further, the bounty hunter used a sonic weapon to knock Jin to the ground. As the bounty hunter retreated, the wounded Jedi thought of what he had said, disbelieving that his former master would attempt to kill him. Turning around to view the hills of Serenno, Jin saw a hooded figure observing him from a grassy butte. Reaching out to the figure through the force, Jin smiled as he realized that his former master had been the one to save him. Jin gave the former Jedi a small salute of gratitude, before boarding his starfighter, and leaving the planet.

• Like 2

Secrets of Scipio

Scipio Raid: 20

Streamlining: 20

CIS Navy: 1

The B1 trotted along its set patrol path, its automated ‘brain’ oblivious to anything outside its set parameters. This obliviousness would be its doom, as it soon found its control wires cut from behind by one of the Republic’s most elite spies. The commando’s endec beeped, and he knelt as he answered.

Dragonsnake, have you infiltrated the Vault yet?” The commander asked, “Not yet, I was just about to grapple to the building’s shuttle bay.” Dragonsnake responded. “I believe I do not have to remind you of the fact that this operation must be completely covert.” The commander said, “If you’re spotted it will ruinous for the Republic’s finances.” he continued. “Right, but I do have to ask, isn’t this more a job for a squad of men?” the commando asked, “Only if we were after the physical credits within the vault,” the commander responded, “We’re only trying to drain the CIS’s financial accounts, and bug the Clan’s transaction records.” he said. “You’ve still got that device we gave you before you dropped, don’t you?” the Major asked, “Of course.” Dragonsnake answered, “Good, you will use that to hack into the Vault’s mainframe.” the Major said.

If you need to communicate with me during your mission, tune your endec to frequency 218.7.” the Major said, “You remember our designated codenames, don’t you ‘Snake?” he asked. The spy grumbled, which made the Major sigh, “For the duration of this mission you will refer to me as Major Tom, and I suppose I don’t need to remind you of your own codename.” he said. “Major Tom?” ‘Snake asked, “Yes, I chose it myself, I got it from an old holomovie called-” Major Tom began, “I’ve got to get going Major, I’ll contact you once I infiltrate the vault proper.” Dragonsnake cut him off.

Dragonsnake pulled out a grapple-gun from his belt, and shot it at the edge of the Vault’s nearest shuttle bay. Once he zipped to the edge of the shuttle bay, Dragonsnake hesitated before climbing into the shuttle bay proper. Spying a pair of B1’s guarding the only shuttle still in the bay, Dragonsnake pulled out an electric pistol, and delivered two quiet shots of voltage to each droid, disabling them. After eliminating the guards, Dragonsnake silently clambered over the side wall, and entered a lone Banking Clan shuttle. The spy activated the lonely shuttle, and hid as it traveled to the inner sanctum of the vault.

*/*/*/*/*

The B1s standing guard in front of the vault entrance remained stiff, unresponsive to the entrance of Dragonsnake’s shuttle. Dragon snake delivered a headshot to one droid, while using his vibro-knife to disable the second one. Moving to the heart of the room, Dragonsnake knelt, and activated his endec. “Can you hear me Major Tom?” he asked, “Coming in clearly Snake, have infiltrated the Vault yet?” Major Tom responded, “Yes, I was just about to tap into the Banking Clan’s mainframe.” Dragonsnake answered, “Well good, now get back to work.” Major Tom said, before ending communication.

Dragonsnake walked to the vault’s port into the mainframe, ripped off the bronzium cover, and stuck the hacking device where the Republic’s techie had told him to. A small hologram summing up what the device was doing flashed to life. “Major Tom, I’ve begun the data transfer,” Dragonsnake said as he observed the half-gibberish technobabble in front of him, “In less than 10 – Wait a minute.” he said, discovering something in the gibberish that piqued his interest. Enlarging the hologram, Dragonsnake confirmed his suspicions, “My God, the Separatists have plans for a massive expansion of their ground forces, over 75,000,000 units are already being built.” he began, “And that’s not all, nearly none of the money for their navy is actually going to their navy, it’s all being funneled in one direction, something under the control of a Dr. Nuvo Vindi.” he continued. “Excellent find, Dragonsnake, now get to the exfiltration zone.” Major Tom ordered.

Understood.” Dragonsnake said, giving the air a slightly caustic salute. The device beeped once it completed the transference of cash, and information. Dragonsnake turned to leave, but hear a clamoring just outside the door to the Clan Chairman’s office. Thinking quickly, Dragonsnake spied a custodian’s cart that had been left in the vault room, and thought a plan. Turning his sneaking suit inside out, and taking up a nearby mop, the spy began to impersonate a janitor.

Chairman San Hill, leader of the Banking Clan entered the vault room. Spying the oddly dressed janitor mopping close to the vault’s digital controls, Hill cleared his through pompously. The scruffy janitor turned to Chairman Hill surprised, “Oh, sorry, sir, I didn’t notice you come in.” he apologized, “Yes, evidently you didn’t.” Hill said in a prissy tone. “I had a vault security alert just recently, did you have anything to do with that?” he accused, “What? Oh! I’m sorry sir, I must have bumped it while cleaning.” the Janitor said. “I didn’t think that the vault was scheduled to be cleaned so late,” Hill said, suspicious, “Regardless,” he brushed off after a few tense moments, “Get out of here before you mess anything else up, and take that cart with you!” he ordered, “Of course, right away, sir!” the janitor said obediently. The Chairman, looking closely at the Banking Clan’s majestic Grand Vault, did not notice the janitor’s smile as he left the building.

• Like 1
  • Based 1