The Political Lounge

"We must hang together, or we will surely hang separately" - A one-player rookie test run of the 1772 Campaign

29 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

The French Revolution-

Washington chooses A, declare neutrality - we just found a bunch of sticks in our armory so not sure we can take on the Brits.

32 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Compromise of 1790

Washington choose A, make the compromise and name the city after me 🙂 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, 10centjimmy said:

Washington chooses A, declare neutrality - we just found a bunch of sticks in our armory so not sure we can take on the Brits.

Washington choose A, make the compromise and name the city after me 🙂 

Effects-

91/25 - relations with Spain so no change.  8/25 + relations with UK so relations with UK increase by 1 to 4 (between hostile & neutral).  27/75 - relations with France, so relations with France decrease by 1 to 5 (Neutral). 80/25 - dom stability so no change.

100 pts to Globalists, Moderates, Wall Street.  -100 pts to Populists, Military-Industrial.

48/25 + dom stab. 53/25 chance + rev/budget. 49/25 chance +/- econ stab.  So no changes at all to meters on the 1790 Compromise.  Washington DC is named after the first president; Response A triggers Assumption of Rev War debts as a proposals next session;  It will become the capital of the nation between 1798-1800.

50 pts to Moderates, Wall Street. -50 pts to RW Activists.

Moderate enthusiasm shift +1 to Red, now at 5 (Neutral).

Edited by matthewyoung123

2 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Well...I'd like to be consistent with it.  So, should we wait until next election for EVERYONE?  What do the rules say (or do they)?

Vacancies are supposed to be filled immediately. Although the appointer has the option of leaving it vacant if they so choose.

15 hours ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Well, let's appoint all vacant Sen positions then.

So we have a vacancy in NY (@Cal Red Gov to appoint) and MA.  In MA Gov Cushing (also Cal) just died. So first we need a new MA Gov who then would appoint the Senator.

1 minute ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Benjamin Goodhue of CalRedRW

William Eustis of CalBlueCon

James Sullivan of EbrkLW

All are on the State Executive Track in MA.  So, I'll roll to see who is LT GOV and who takes the Gov seat with the death of Gov Cushing.

On a 6 sided die, 1-2 roll for Goodhue, 3-4 roll for Eustis, 5-6 roll goes to Sullivan.

Rolled a 5, so James Sullivan will be the new Gov of MA. @ebrk85

As much as I would love to take it looks like it needs to go to one of the Red career trackers:

If a governor’s seat becomes vacant, then the seat is filled by a random same-party member on the governing career track from that state.  They receive the career track benefits they’ve already earned, rounding down.   If none are available, then the departing Governor appoints an unemployed person from that state who has at least 1 Gov.  If none are available, then it goes first to an opposite-party governing career track politician from that state – and if still not available, then to an opposite party unemployed person with at least 1 Gov, selected by the departing Governor.  

2 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

As much as I would love to take it looks like it needs to go to one of the Red career trackers:

If a governor’s seat becomes vacant, then the seat is filled by a random same-party member on the governing career track from that state.  They receive the career track benefits they’ve already earned, rounding down.   If none are available, then the departing Governor appoints an unemployed person from that state who has at least 1 Gov.  If none are available, then it goes first to an opposite-party governing career track politician from that state – and if still not available, then to an opposite party unemployed person with at least 1 Gov, selected by the departing Governor.  

Yep, saw that as I looked at the rules....changed the post above.

• Like 1

Now it's onto lingering effects...which I have never run before...and its a little more complicated than I expected.

So, I'll need a little time to figure it out plus there are family obligations today, so it may not be until tomorrow that the next phase gets done unless someone has time and wants to try and tackle it today.  Just let me know!

• Like 1

2.5.1 Lingering Phase

@matthewyoung123 @Cal @10centjimmy @Largo833 @Willthescout7

Revenue/Budget -1 (now a 6)

• Lingering hurts

Economic Stability +1 (currently at Sound and can't rise more until we establish the US dollar)

• Lingering, Sec Smith helps

Military Prep -1 (now slightly unprepared)

• Sec Pickering helps
  • Lingering, Advisor Hamilton hurts

Domestic Stability -1 (now at 1-Rebellion Brewing; we risk end of game scenario if we don't improve)

• Lingering helps
  • Historical, Advisor Hamilton hurts

Honest Government 0

• Integrity vs Controversial check helps
  • Lingering hurts

UK +1 (now Neutral)

• Sec Jay helps

France +1 (now trending toward friendly)

• Sec Jay helps

Spain 0