AMPU Modern Day Playtest

Rodja

AMPU Modern Day Playtest  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in AMPU Modern

• Yes,and I'd like to playtesy
    • Yes,but I wouldn't like to playtest
    • No
  2. 2. Which start date would you prefer?

• 2000,would be most tedious to make spreadsheet
    • 2024,continue MrPotatoTed playthrough where it stopped with all alternate events
    • I'm not interested
  3. 3. What party would u like ur faction to belong?

4. 4. Would you volunteer to help me with setting up a spreadsheet?

5. 5. Do you fulfill requirements listed below in topic description?

Just now, ebrk85 said:

Primary Debate

Haley kills the debate. No penalty

Primary Scandal Rolls

Haley takes Rice's place in the scandal rolls and rolls a 5 😂 Scandal!

Scandal roll is a 2, minor scandal, -1 momentum in final primaries.

See that doesn’t bother me- she at least has controversial. Rice without it getting scandal every time got under my skin a bit. Though fir the record, I’ve had a scandal every turn I think.

3 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Every single turn

Yeah it was frustrating.  But what we did was a tad shady so maybe it was deserved. Personally, I think the rules for faction leader should be more player friendly. I think the rule should be if you can draft them, you can make them party leader.

• Agree 1

Primary Actions (Primary Group 5- FL, IL, MO, NC, OH, AR, UT, WI, NY, CT, DE, MD, PA, RI, IN, NE, WV, OR, WA, CA, MT, NJ, NM, SD, CO, ND)

@pman

• Presidential Promise: Make an offer to a rival candidate to get them to drop out of the primary (see Presidential Promises). If offered to a candidate, the candidate must have the appropriate expertise and at least 1 ability that is appropriate for the office (ex. 1 admin for cabinet, 1 judicial for SC Justice, 1 command for VP, etc.). If offered to that candidate’s faction, in general, then the faction leader will select which candidate of their faction will fulfill the promise.
  • Make Demand for endorsement: Make any offer to a rival candidate as a demand to drop out and endorse them (see Presidential Promises). 

• Embrace Local Issue as Your Own: 25% chance of Gain +1 in a state in the upcoming primary group (candidate chooses). If the candidate’s personal ideology is the same as the state’s bias, then increase to 50% chance. If the candidate’s personal ideology does not border that state’s ideology, then there’s a 50% chance the candidate’s ideology shifts with a 25% chance of gaining “flipflopper”.

• Withdraw from race and endorse: Pull your candidate from the race and endorse a candidate. 75% of your delegates will go to that candidate, the other 25% will go to a candidate of the most similar ideology of your candidate, randomized if tied. 

• Withdraw from race and release delegates without an endorsement: 25% of the delegates will go to the candidate with the most similar ideology of your candidate (randomized if tied); 25% will go the current front runner; 25% will go to the party leader; 25% will go to the faction with the lowest score. These are cumulative. 

• Withdraw from the race but hold the delegates for leverage at the convention: You maintain your delegates. Roll a 1-2 to see if you get “Disharmonious.” A candidate with “harmonious” will not hold delegates.

• Give a major speech: This can be done only once by the candidate during the entire primaries. A candidate can choose not to give a speech.

• Campaign focus: Candidate chooses one state to focus on.

• Attack Rival in Words, Ads, Via Surrogates, and Etc.: Candidate: Candidate chooses a primary rival to attack.

5 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Primary Actions (Primary Group 5- FL, IL, MO, NC, OH, AR, UT, WI, NY, CT, DE, MD, PA, RI, IN, NE, WV, OR, WA, CA, MT, NJ, NM, SD, CO, ND)

@pman

• Presidential Promise: Make an offer to a rival candidate to get them to drop out of the primary (see Presidential Promises). If offered to a candidate, the candidate must have the appropriate expertise and at least 1 ability that is appropriate for the office (ex. 1 admin for cabinet, 1 judicial for SC Justice, 1 command for VP, etc.). If offered to that candidate’s faction, in general, then the faction leader will select which candidate of their faction will fulfill the promise.
  • Make Demand for endorsement: Make any offer to a rival candidate as a demand to drop out and endorse them (see Presidential Promises). 

• Embrace Local Issue as Your Own: 25% chance of Gain +1 in a state in the upcoming primary group (candidate chooses). If the candidate’s personal ideology is the same as the state’s bias, then increase to 50% chance. If the candidate’s personal ideology does not border that state’s ideology, then there’s a 50% chance the candidate’s ideology shifts with a 25% chance of gaining “flipflopper”.

• Withdraw from race and endorse: Pull your candidate from the race and endorse a candidate. 75% of your delegates will go to that candidate, the other 25% will go to a candidate of the most similar ideology of your candidate, randomized if tied. 

• Withdraw from race and release delegates without an endorsement: 25% of the delegates will go to the candidate with the most similar ideology of your candidate (randomized if tied); 25% will go the current front runner; 25% will go to the party leader; 25% will go to the faction with the lowest score. These are cumulative. 

• Withdraw from the race but hold the delegates for leverage at the convention: You maintain your delegates. Roll a 1-2 to see if you get “Disharmonious.” A candidate with “harmonious” will not hold delegates.

• Give a major speech: This can be done only once by the candidate during the entire primaries. A candidate can choose not to give a speech.

• Campaign focus: Candidate chooses one state to focus on.

• Attack Rival in Words, Ads, Via Surrogates, and Etc.: Candidate: Candidate chooses a primary rival to attack.

Haley offers Rubio an ambassador position for endorsement. Haley attacks Rubio, Haley campaigns in FL and focuses on local issues there.

1 hour ago, pman said:

Haley offers Rubio an ambassador position for endorsement. Haley attacks Rubio, Haley campaigns in FL and focuses on local issues there.

Rubio declines as he has more then half the delegates she has.

Attack: rolls 2, nothing happens

Campaigns: rolls 2, nothing happens

Local Issues: Succeeds, +1 in FL

• Thanks 1

Primary Group 5 Results

I am not listing every state but you can check the sheets for all the details.

Gov Haley wins every state but WI and MT.

Final Delegate Count

Haley- 1014

Rubio- 488

@pman Gov Nikki Haley is the Republican nominee for President for the 2nd time in a row!

Marco Rubio receives -1 in the next Presidential primaries

Haley gets 100pts

Rubio gets 50pts

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pringles said:

If Haley wins this time I will be proud of what I helped cultivate. Yet it will feel bittersweet… 😔

You definitely crafted Thune and Haley into stacked pols- team effort! Just happy to try and get them to the finish line!

Edited by pman
  • Like 1

RNC

Republicans have gathered in Salt Lake City, UT to coronate Gov Nikki Haley of SC as their nominee again.  Four years ago she selected Joe Walsh as her running mate. It is expected she will be choosing a different person this time around. Rumor has it she likes several fmr Govs like herself.

VP Decision:

@pman Who will it be?

Also this will be the final call/24 hr warning to get your Gov/Sen/Rep candidates in.

@Murrman104 @jnewt @Vicx @pman @ShortKing @WVProgressive

2 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

RNC

Republicans have gathered in Salt Lake City, UT to coronate Gov Nikki Haley of SC as their nominee again.  Four years ago she selected Joe Walsh as her running mate. It is expected she will be choosing a different person this time around. Rumor has it she likes several fmr Govs like herself.

VP Decision:

@pman Who will it be?

Also this will be the final call/24 hr warning to get your Gov/Sen/Rep candidates in.

@Murrman104 @jnewt @Vicx @pman @ShortKing @WVProgressive

Scandal rolls have nothing to do with running mates, right? Just nominee? Because you know I am going to hit on every scandal possible.

• Like 1

• Send the VP to Shore Up Support (requires 12th Amendment in place. That is, elections by party tickets):If the VP is not sent, then there is a chance of the VP’s faction’s ideology enthusiasm falling by -1, if a 1-2 is rolled. 

• - Just want to make sure that's correct before I make my pick

Just now, ebrk85 said:

Yes

Ok, one, last, last question. I thought I read somewhere that party preference points get banked. So if we're plus 3 now and we win the running mate point process- do we get a point banked in case we're hit with something like a scandal or is that wrong?

2 minutes ago, pman said:

Ok, one, last, last question. I thought I read somewhere that party preference points get banked. So if we're plus 3 now and we win the running mate point process- do we get a point banked in case we're hit with something like a scandal or is that wrong?

Not that I am aware of.  The only banked system I've come across is with faction enthusiasm during the primaries. Have not seen anything regarding party pref.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, pman said:

will select West Virginia Governor Jim Justice

Determining VP impact:

• If the VP comes from another faction, then +1. If the VP comes from the faction with the lowest ideological enthusiasm in the party, then that enthusiasm moves towards the party.  YES

• If the ticket had a moderate, conservative, or liberal, then +1.  YES

• If the ticket is at least 20 years of age apart, then +1 YES

• If at least one person on the ticket is older than 50, then  +1 YES

• If at least one person on the ticket is younger than 60, then +1. YES

• If one member (but not both) on the ticket is marked “independent” or is currently not holding office, then +1 because voters like an outsider. YES

• If one member on the ticket is from a Big State and one from a Small State, then +1. NO

• If the members on the tickets come from different regions, then +1.  YES

• If the VP DOES have obscure (roll 6-sided die): ROLLS A 3

• 3:  Obscure VP keeps obscure, gains lackey, gains pliable.  No impact. [None of this is an option if the VP has leadership]

Total Points: 7

1 minute ago, ebrk85 said:

Determining VP impact:

• If the VP comes from another faction, then +1. If the VP comes from the faction with the lowest ideological enthusiasm in the party, then that enthusiasm moves towards the party.  YES

• If the ticket had a moderate, conservative, or liberal, then +1.  YES

• If the ticket is at least 20 years of age apart, then +1 YES

• If at least one person on the ticket is older than 50, then  +1 YES

• If at least one person on the ticket is younger than 60, then +1. YES

• If one member (but not both) on the ticket is marked “independent” or is currently not holding office, then +1 because voters like an outsider. YES

• If one member on the ticket is from a Big State and one from a Small State, then +1. NO

• If the members on the tickets come from different regions, then +1.  YES

• If the VP DOES have obscure (roll 6-sided die): ROLLS A 3

• 3:  Obscure VP keeps obscure, gains lackey, gains pliable.  No impact. [None of this is an option if the VP has leadership]

Total Points: 7

So he didn't get a 48 or 2012 obscure roll, I'll take that.

• Like 1

Platform Creation:

@pman

The presidential nominee must build a platform picking an economic legis, domestic legis, judicial legis, foreign/military policy legis, and presidential action that they promise to fulfill. Also, if there is an ongoing crisis, they must promise to resolve them. Failing to fulfill promises can hurt the party and reelection bids.

The president nom will pick these platform promises unilaterally or they will select a faction to pick the promise in order to sure up support. You can allow another faction to select a platform plank, the faction enthusiasm given the choice of a platform plank will have a 25% of improving that enthusiasm toward the party.