AMPU Modern Day Playtest

Rodja

AMPU Modern Day Playtest  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in AMPU Modern

• Yes,and I'd like to playtesy
    • Yes,but I wouldn't like to playtest
    • No
  2. 2. Which start date would you prefer?

• 2000,would be most tedious to make spreadsheet
    • 2024,continue MrPotatoTed playthrough where it stopped with all alternate events
    • I'm not interested
  3. 3. What party would u like ur faction to belong?

4. 4. Would you volunteer to help me with setting up a spreadsheet?

5. 5. Do you fulfill requirements listed below in topic description?

Presidential Debate 3

Gov Nikki Haley @pman

• +2 for Debater
  • +1 for Leadership
  • Orator roll 27/25 no change

VP Jay Inslee @jnewt

• +1 for Charisma/Leadership

Haley Rolls a 4 +3=7

Inslee Rolls a 1 +1=2

In 3rd and final debate, Gov Haley shines and is clear winner.  A great lasting memory for her with the public as we come down to the end of the race.

Party Pref moves Red +1 (now maxed Red)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Presidential Debate 3

Gov Nikki Haley @pman

• +2 for Debater
  • +1 for Leadership
  • Orator roll 27/25 no change

VP Jay Inslee @jnewt

• +1 for Charisma/Leadership

Haley Rolls a 4 +3=7

Inslee Rolls a 1 +1=2

In 3rd and final debate, Gov Haley shines and is clear winner.  A great lasting memory for her with the public as we come down to the end of the race.

Party Pref moves Red +1 (now maxed Red)

Debate and leadership has proven to be incredibly important

• Agree 1

@pman @jnewt

October Surprise

• Roll 2: Ongoing crisis starting to look more favorable; +1 party pref to an incumbent president or 5-6 die roll of +1 to party pref to incumbent party's nominee. Randomly select the crisis. There’s also a chance the crisis is improved by 1 at this time on the meter if a 5-6 is rolled. 

Our Domestic Stability Crisis is starting to look better!

Party Pref roll for incumbent party:  Rolls 5- party pref moves Blue +1 (now Red +2)

Crisis meter roll: Rolls 3- meter doesn't improve

Election Day

I have a few numbers to plug in on the sheets before the polls close tonight. One to point out on here:

• Does the nominee have “integrity” when the other nominee has “controversial?” then +1 party pref. Roll 5-6 for a candidate with “teflon” to avoid this penalty. YES (no teflon)
  • Party Pref moves Blue +1 (now Red +1)
  • Haha 1

Just now, ebrk85 said:

@pman @jnewt

October Surprise

• Roll 2: Ongoing crisis starting to look more favorable; +1 party pref to an incumbent president or 5-6 die roll of +1 to party pref to incumbent party's nominee. Randomly select the crisis. There’s also a chance the crisis is improved by 1 at this time on the meter if a 5-6 is rolled. 

Party Pref roll for incumbent party:  Rolls 5- party pref moves Blue +1 (now Red +2)

Election Day

I have a few numbers to plug in on the sheets before the polls close tonight. One to point out on here:

• Does the nominee have “integrity” when the other nominee has “controversial?” then +1 party pref. Roll 5-6 for a candidate with “teflon” to avoid this penalty. YES (no teflon)

From +3 to +1 after I spoke about being close, lol, gotta love it.

3 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

@pman @jnewt

October Surprise

Election Day

I respect the rule but it's odd that you can get a +1 for a crisis improving but then has to roll to see if it actually improves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pman said:

I respect the rule but it's odd that you can get a +1 for a crisis improving but then has to roll to see if it actually improves.

That's fair. Could prob just be one 5-6 roll. You hit it both pref and meter go up. If not they don't.

In which case if you take the first roll you still get hit with it then.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

That's fair. Could prob just be one 5-6 roll. You hit it both pref and meter go up. If not they don't.

In which case if you take the first roll you still get hit with it then.

Yeah it'll be close. That scandal roll and the Oct Surprise will have big downballot significance too

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Polls will close in 15 mins and the count will begin.

@pman @ShortKing @WVProgressive @Murrman104 @jnewt 

I'd give Haley the edge but closer then I expected. The last scandal and October Surprise brought Inslee within striking distance.

I'll post the states in order of their IRL poll closing times.

Oh shit I was strategizing my actions as if there would be another action phase...

21 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Haley better win 

Controversial was going to hurt her and it did. The October surprise was frustrating but what can you do. The negative -1 for being a woman is tough too. But we'll see. 

Edited by pman

Just now, pman said:

Well I'll be mostly offline the rest of the evening. Let's try and win this. I'd love to win one of these with SK, we've lost in just about every playtest- let's hope for a good result here. 

But Insley doesn't have labor

14 minutes ago, pman said:

But Insley doesn't have labor

Neither does Haley, but she was getting points in manufacturing states. I thought the "Lobby Bonus" was determined by the lobby cards the faction holds and the "Experience Bonus" was determined by the experience the individual candidate has... Maybe I'm just lost lol