The Political Lounge

"I Think Something's The Matter With Ted," - A 1772 Playthrough

@MrPotatoTed responses below:

• DECLARATION OF RESOLVES
    • Let us state our grievances to the world and our intention to boycott British goods if the Intolerable Acts are not repealed
  • COMMON SENSE
    • This glorious pamphlet is catching on like wildfire! "Why does an island rule a continent" indeed! Encourage publication of Mr. Paine's Common Sense.
  • LEXINGTON & CONCORD
    • We must come to the aid of our sister colony Massachusetts (Continental Army proposal worth double pts)
  • PROCLAMATION OF REBELLION
    • We need to walk a fine line here. Let's maintain our loyalty to the King, but argue that Parliament has no authority over the colonies.
  • PRESIDENTIAL AILMENT
    • Adams will not resign. He was elected to this position by his peers and will see it through.
  • Based 2

9 minutes ago, Ich_bin_Tyler said:

@MrPotatoTed responses below:

• DECLARATION OF RESOLVES
    • Let us state our grievances to the world and our intention to boycott British goods if the Intolerable Acts are not repealed
  • COMMON SENSE
    • This glorious pamphlet is catching on like wildfire! "Why does an island rule a continent" indeed! Encourage publication of Mr. Paine's Common Sense.
  • LEXINGTON & CONCORD
    • We must come to the aid of our sister colony Massachusetts (Continental Army proposal worth double pts)
  • PROCLAMATION OF REBELLION
    • We need to walk a fine line here. Let's maintain our loyalty to the King, but argue that Parliament has no authority over the colonies.
  • PRESIDENTIAL AILMENT
    • Adams will not resign. He was elected to this position by his peers and will see it through.

Vote to @Murrman104 @10centjimmy @OrangeP47 on everything except the ailment.  (I assume @Ich_bin_Tyler is voting aye on his own reactions, haha)

15 minutes ago, 10centjimmy said:

We support Congress President Adams' decisions. Boycott, publish, send support to MA, Maintain loyalty to King but not to Parliament

@10centjimmy @Murrman104 @OrangeP47 @Ich_bin_Tyler

Can you guys let me know the CPU votes as well?  I'll be on planes for most of today and need to start packing.  Thank you!

Red CPU Decisions

GeorgeWashingtonCPU

• DECLARATION OF RESOLVES- Aye
  • COMMON SENSE- Aye
  • LEXINGTON & CONCORD- Aye
  • PROCLAMATION OF REBELLION- Aye

JohnJayCPU

• COMMON SENSE- Aye

HenryLaurensCPU

• COMMON SENSE- Aye
  • Based 1

Murrman

Common Sense Aye

Declaration of Resolves Aye

Lexington & Concord Aye

Proclamation of Rebellion Aye

Hancock Patriots

Common Sense  Aye

Declaration of Resolves Aye

Lexington & Concord Aye

Conservative Patriots

Common Sense Aye

Declaration of Resolves  Aye

Lexington & Concord Aye

Traditionalist Patriots 

Common Sense  Nay

Declaration of Resolves  Nay

Lexington & Concord  Nay

• Like 1
  • Based 1

For Common Sense, Declaration of Resolves, and Lexington & Concord:

CT: AYE
DE: AYE
GA: AYE
MA: AYE 
MD: AYE
NC: 2/3 AYE
NH: AYE
NJ: AYE
NY: 2/3 AYE
PA: AYE
RI:  AYE
SC: AYE
VA: AYE

For Proclamation of Rebellion, all Congressman vote unanimously aye.  All measures are passed with the support of all 13 colonies!

My plane will be leaving soon, can someone populate the History Tab with our first continental congress?  (Don't worry that most things are missing like Senate, Governors, etc.  I've simply hidden them until we need them -- but there is no continental congress in the hidden section).  Thank you!

1 minute ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Whoops, my apologies! I thought you had.  Please do vote, if you’re nay on anything I’ll recalculate when I land.

I was gonna vote yes anyway lol, but yeah, I come back home to like a million posts and that I'd been skipped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrPotatoTed said:

@Murrman104 @10centjimmy @Ich_bin_Tyler @OrangeP47

We also need to vote on "Lee's Resolution" (in Legis Prep) which is automatically proposed by a Virginian.  Rolling some dice...it was proposed by @Ich_bin_Tyler Edmund Pendleton.

My faction votes Aye on Lee's Resolution.

Three RedCPUs vote Nay (bc it damages the other party more if it fails, but if Orange had kept his Liberal card they would have voted for it).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Ich_bin_Tyler said:

My faction votes Aye on Lee's Resolution.

Three RedCPUs vote Nay (bc it damages the other party more if it fails, but if Orange had kept his Liberal card they would have voted for it).

lmao

I'll vote yes too on that btw to be clear.

• Like 1

Lee's Resolution...er, Pendleton's Resolution...a resolution formally supporting the drafting of a declaration of independence from England.

CT: NAY
DE: AYE
GA: AYE
MA: AYE 
MD: AYE
NC: AYE
NH: ABSTAIN (Split vote)
NJ: AYE
NY: AYE
PA: AYE
RI: ABSTAIN (Split vote)
SC: NAY
VA: AYE

That's 9-2, with two abstaining.  Pendleton's Resolution passes!

Action to @Ich_bin_Tyler to name an author of the US Declaration of Independence.  They will lose obscure and gain celebrity.  (Must be a member of the Continental Congress.)

@Murrman104 +100

• Based 1

6 minutes ago, 10centjimmy said:

And from VA, MA, or PA if I remember right

I honestly like that rule, having vaguely recalled it myself, but I can't actually find it anywhere.   I also thought they had to have a trait like egghead or charismatic or something.  Do you see it anywhere?