The Political Lounge

1868: The Gilded Age Playtest

1 minute ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

The case to purchase Canada:

1. Helps your cards.

2. Helps dom-stab

3. No implementation roll (cannot fail)

4. New states help the economy

5. Most new states will be red states next era (swing states this era)

6. Washburn will go down in history as the guy who doubled the size of the country. 

One war at a time sir one war at a time

7 minutes ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

The case to purchase Canada:

1. Helps your cards.

2. Helps dom-stab

3. No implementation roll (cannot fail)

4. New states help the economy

5. Most new states will be red states next era (swing states this era)

6. Washburn will go down in history as the guy who doubled the size of the country. 

The Case not to purchase Canada

1. We have no money

2. It is filled with Canadians

3. The states will lock the Democrats out of power for even longer

4. Fernando Wood wants to claim Canada once Bushwa and the dice gods are kind enough to give him a command point.

• Haha 1

@themiddlepolitical, @dkh64, @Bloot911, @EYates, @Imperator Taco Cat, @Umbrella, @Joe303300, @pman and @Blockmon

It is election season so if your incumbent can run for office as gov or as Congressman and you want them too go ahead and put them in. You have until Sunday at midnight cst to do so.  After that I will open it up for all candidates and plan to run elections Monday and Tuesday 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE FRONT(spoilers inbound): 

Republican incompetence has led to tens of thousands of America's finest men being sent to their deaths, we have began an immediate against their leaders for treason, be assured: the Proletariat's Illuminator WILL get to the bottom of this.

This is wild I mean this liberal news paper is crazy they are known . For fake crap Against Republicans

Edited by Joe303300
  • Agree 1

The sheets are loading super slow for me in my hotel for some reason, @Bushwa777 my incumbents are below. I'll come back later with other folk I plan to run.

Gov

ND – William N Roach

NJ – Theodore Fitz Randolph

TN – Andrew Johnson

Reps

AL 2– Hilary Herbert

AL 1– John H Bankhead

MD 1 – Stevenson Archer II

8 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

@themiddlepolitical, @dkh64, @Bloot911, @EYates, @Imperator Taco Cat, @Umbrella, @Joe303300, @pman and @Blockmon

It is election season so if your incumbent can run for office as gov or as Congressman and you want them too go ahead and put them in. You have until Sunday at midnight cst to do so.  After that I will open it up for all candidates and plan to run elections Monday and Tuesday 

All incumbents are in. Unless UT is up all of my governors are term limited or in KY case not up.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dkh64 said:

The sheets are loading super slow for me in my hotel for some reason, @Bushwa777 my incumbents are below. I'll come back later with other folk I plan to run.

Gov

ND – William N Roach

TN – Andrew Johnson

Reps

AL 2– Hilary Herbert

AL 1– John H Bankhead

I will put these in for ya

• Like 1

Are we doing senators as well, or just Govs/Reps?

Also, there is a mistake, and I think we've discussed this before but I don't remember what we wanted to do about it.  Benjamin F Loan is listed as the incumbent in MS-1.  Problem is, he's from Missouri.  I won't run him again in MS, but if I run him in MO, does he get the incumbent bonus?

1 minute ago, Umbrella said:

Also, there is a mistake, and I think we've discussed this before but I don't remember what we wanted to do about it.  Benjamin F Loan is listed as the incumbent in MS-1.  Problem is, he's from Missouri.  I won't run him again in MS, but if I run him in MO, does he get the incumbent bonus?

No, we haven't done popular vote yet for senators

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Umbrella said:

I have noted it down as incumbent bonus so I remember run him in MO 

7 hours ago, dkh64 said:

Gov

ND – William N Roach

TN – Andrew Johnson

Reps

AL 2– Hilary Herbert

AL 1– John H Bankhead

Got em in for ya 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pman said:

President Washburn will extend credit to every nation. If you need me to write everything out I’ll probably be able to do that tomorrow but it’s the same move throughout 

Minister to the UK: Charles F Adams Sr: Extend Credit.  Success. Relations with nation do not go up, econ stab does not move.

Minister to France: Benjamin F. Tracy: Extend Credit.  Success. Relations with nation do not go up, econ stab does not move.

Minister to Spain: Rowland E. Trowbridge: Extend Credit.  Success. Relations with nation do not go up, econ stab does not move.

Minister to Germany: Marshall Jewel: Extend Credit. Fails. 

Minister to Russia: Nehemiah Sperry: Extend Credit. Fails.

Minister to China: William Everts: Extend Credit. Fails.

Minister to Japan: Henry Baldwin Harrison: Extend Credit. Fails

• Sad 1

@pmandon't hate me, hate the dice!

Modoc War:

Battle Number 1: Battle of Lost River

Difficulty: Easy +0 

Planning Phase: Sec of War Stanton (5) and Sr General William Sherman (4) =9 

Military Officer Leading Battle: General Philip Sheridan (2) =20 

Military Preparedness: +15 

Benchmarks: +10 

Chance of Success: 54% 

Roll: 95/54, LOST 

War Score: -3 (total war -3) 

Philip Sheridan gets incompetent and is fired.  President Washburn @pman you need to replace him.

Determine if War is Over: 60%.  1/60 so US Loses War!

Sherman gets –1 permanent election, -1 in mil ability so now is 3, -2 in party preference, 100 points lost for @Blockmon, @Joe303300 and @pmanForgot to add President Washburn gets a -1 permanent election as well. Sorry @pman

Treaty of Palo Duro: President Washburn @pman -50, Secretary of War Stanton @pman -50, Expansionists @Blockmon and @Joe303300 -50

Party preference goes down –1 more to neutral lean red 

Treaty Implementation: President Washburn, Secretary of War Stanton, Secretary of the Interior WilsonAll passed no blunders! 

The War is over, US Lost a EASY WAR and this midterm election just got real!  

@Imperator Taco Cat we need a newspaper for this 

Edited by Bushwa777
-1 for Pres
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Signing Legislation: 

President Washburn @pman do you sign the bills before you on the desk: 

HR 1: Create National Healthcare for disabled military veterans AND retire outdated weaponry, tactics, training, and military technology, and military officers 

HR 2: Restrict residency to those of good moral character 

HR 3: Ban Child Labor in industries with high injury rate. 

HR 4: Allow Naturalization for those of African descent. 

SR 1: Washington Statehood. 

SR 2: Establish a national banking system to print national paper currency and war bonds to deal with emergencies. 

SR 3: Ban Criminals from immigrating 

SR 4: Create President’s Day as a federal holiday AND Create Land Grants to build a new public college in each state AND Force former plantation owners to buy back their confiscated plantations. 

Edited by Bushwa777