The Political Lounge

1868: The Gilded Age Playtest

4 hours ago, Blockmon said:

filibuster was never a passed legi? was it? if it was @Umbrella and @Joe303300 Please do not filibuster anything, I know that Open Indian Territory up to White Settlement and Ban Criminals from immigrating aren't really supported by you, but these laws are very popular and are Con laws in this Legi proposals. I have said this before that we seek a balanced set of laws, if these laws are there Ban Child Labor in industries with high injury rate and Create National Healthcare for disabled military veterans  and Allow Naturalization for those of African descent. Then I hope you understand that these balance each other out. If filibustered then I am will be severely disappointed with this decisions.

Not going to filibuster them

• Based 1

5 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

Senator Charles Sumner @Joe303300 you may try to convert 3 US Senators with orator.  If you wish to do this please let me know which one so I can roll for this and which law. OR you can try to convert 1 US Senator with debate.

Senator Peter Bishop @Joe303300 you may try to convert 3 US Senators with orator.  If you wish to do this please let me know which ones so I can roll for this and which law

Senator Carl Schulz @Joe303300 you may use debate to try to convert 1 US Senator.  If you wish to do this please let me know which one so I can roll for this and which law.

1. Who are you using?

2. Which law you targeting?

3. Who are you targeting?

remember debate is 1 senator while orator is 3 senators

26 minutes ago, pman said:

I'll let @Blockmonhandle my moves this turn in terms of vote flipping- he knows what he's doing

There has been so much protest today I'm starting to regret doing this part publicly.  Last two times i just looked at 1. Who could filibuster and how they voted to figure if they would and 2. Look at orator and debater and automatically roll for the people.  

5 hours ago, ebrk85 said:

Nope. Filibuster is not a constitutional thing. Something congress created for themselves. There is a legis bill that needs to be passed for it to be active. In our 1800 playtest one team has tried and failed to pass it twice now.

And I’ll be damned if I let filibusters become a thing in the 1800 playtest until I absolutely have to.

45 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

There has been so much protest today I'm starting to regret doing this part publicly.  Last two times i just looked at 1. Who could filibuster and how they voted to figure if they would and 2. Look at orator and debater and automatically roll for the people.  

Out of character: If it’s in the rules, you’re right to offer and allow it publicly, I think. Players gonna gripe with each other, you’re doing well.

In character: Grant lost his grip on his goons in 1872 and President Whatshisname is discovering he leads a broad coalition that can’t be dictated to. Some in the GOP want to practice the art of progress while others practice the art of the purely political.

• Based 2

1 hour ago, Bushwa777 said:

It’s not you- it’s our Party , this is the Convention over again 

• Haha 2

Don’t overlook President Washburn, he knows what he’s doing . A charismatic President with an iron fist is tough to beat.  I just need to debrief with my team later because clearly we’re once again not on the same page

Edited by pman
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bushwa777 said:

We are not going to do that again.  If a convention happens like that in 1876 im going to blow my top

Washburn, despite everyone talking about him like he's sleep walking through this has iron fist. He has a 90% chance of stopping any challenger (and I am sure someone will challenge). He's a strong incumbent. 

Edited by pman
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pman said:

It’s not you- it’s our Party , this is the Convention over again 

2 hours ago, Bushwa777 said:

We are not going to do that again.  If a convention happens like that in 1876 im going to blow my top

calm down guys, this isn't the convention. Do not let leaving the playtest as a option or be the norm. This is normal party infighting, I am disappointed that these were filibustered but Its me who has to deal with it as a player as it effects me and my party in general. I have no bad feelings for @Umbrella and hope that this game continues on normally without having to deal with that shitty convention. Keep Calm and Proceed in Deed

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Blockmon said:

calm down guys, this isn't the convention. Do not let leaving the playtest as a option or be the norm. This is normal party infighting, I am disappointed that these were filibustered but Its me who has to deal with it as a player as it effects me and my party in general. I have no bad feelings for @Umbrella and hope that this game continues on normally without having to deal with that shitty convention. Keep Calm and Proceed in Deed

Im in it as long as others are playing or until 2036 when game comes out lol.

Go ahead and make your moves However 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bushwa777 said:

Im in it as long as others are playing or until 2036 when game comes out lol.

Go ahead and make your moves However 

Yeah I’m just ready for the game to come out been waiting since 2021 hope maybe a big creator mabe plays this pacifically history, guy gaming

3 hours ago, pman said:

Don’t overlook President Washburn, he knows what he’s doing . A charismatic President with an iron fist is tough to beat.  I just need to debrief with my team later because clearly we’re once again not on the same page

President who?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blockmon said:

Joseph Carter Success 6/6

John J Ingalls Not a option on orating 

Henry Wilson Not an option or orating 

convert to vote for criminal one

SR 3: Ban Criminals from immigrating 50-33

Edited by Bushwa777

On 6/1/2023 at 9:34 AM, Bushwa777 said:

The following bills are being sent to the desk of President Washburn:

1. Create National Healthcare for disabled military veterans AND retire outdated weaponry, tactics, training, and military technology, and military officers 

2. Restrict residency to those of good moral character 

3. Ban Child Labor in industries with high injury rate. 

4.Allow Naturalization for those of African descent. 

5.Washington Statehood. 

6. Establish a national banking system to print national paper currency and war bonds to deal with emergencies. 

7.  Ban Criminals from immigrating 

8. Create President’s Day as a federal holiday AND Create Land Grants to build a new public college in each state AND Force former plantation owners to buy back their confiscated plantations. 

I will let President Washburn know when it is time to sign or veto 

Secretary of State Charles Devins @Joe303300please recommend to President Washburn what moves the ambassadors will be taking.  You may imcrease relations, increase trade relations, extend credit, take a loan, or provoke a country with retaliatory tarriff and embargo. All of this is found in 2.7.1 in rules although its listed as 2.6.1.under 2.7.1

Countries are England, France, Spain, Germany, Russia, China, and Japan

Edited by Bushwa777

19 minutes ago, Joe303300 said:

Mr president I think  we need peace for everyone so what I think we should do is increase relations with all countries 

President Washburn @pmanyour peace nick sec of State wants peace with the world?  What say you?

Edited by Bushwa777