The Political Lounge

NFL Playtest 2: 1950-present

vcczar

Missing out on even the bigger cities like Richmond and Chattanooga has only guided me further away from the light that V wants me to see. Go small or go home baby. 

1. Barrow (Alaska)

2. Alaska (Alaska)

3. Sioux Falls (South Dakota)

4. North Dakota (North Dakota)

5. South Dakota (South Dakota)

6. Boise (Idaho)

19 minutes ago, Cal said:

Missing out on even the bigger cities like Richmond and Chattanooga has only guided me further away from the light that V wants me to see. Go small or go home baby. 

1. Barrow (Alaska)

2. Alaska (Alaska)

3. Sioux Falls (South Dakota)

4. North Dakota (North Dakota)

5. South Dakota (South Dakota)

6. Boise (Idaho)

I'm okay with you tapping out all the small places until you exhaust the list. You're bound to get some small place though. 5% is still a 5 out of 100 chance. 

I assume my list has to be entirely new cities?

1. Illinois, State Team (I'm going to put this team in Gravel city just so I can laugh at St Louis)

2. Muncie, IN (Why the heck not)

3. Tonawanda, NY (I simply cannot believe this place really exists)

4. South Carolina (going to put the team in Columbia and mug BCT soldiers when they go try to get new Mustangs at 50% APR)

5. Salem, MA (This way everytime we have a bad game we can blame a random player and call it a witch hunt)

• Like 1

Location bidding continues....!

I decide to just roll five die for each of you and allowed the top die that meets the success chance to stand. 

• @Cal miraculously gets Boise, ID. Our 12th team! 
  • @ConservativeElector2 needs to give me another list of location as he fails on all 5. [Note: Cities have a higher success chance than states for a sports franchise.]
  • @Willthescout7 Somehow got Muncie and Salem on the roll, but Muncie was rolled first and was the top of the list. Muncie it is! Our 13th team. 

Just need @ConservativeElector2 to get an investor to agree to his location idea. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I decide to just roll five die for each of you and allowed the top die that meets the success chance to stand. 

• @ConservativeElector2 needs to give me another list of location as he fails on all 5. [Note: Cities have a higher success chance than states for a sports franchise.]
  • @Willthescout7 Somehow got Muncie and Salem on the roll, but Muncie was rolled first and was the top of the list. Muncie it is! Our 13th team. 

Just need @ConservativeElector2 to get an investor to agree to his location idea. 

Could I exchange Muncie for Salem? I've grown attached to my Salem Witch Hunters

• Based 1

7 minutes ago, Willthescout7 said:

Could I exchange Muncie for Salem? I've grown attached to my Salem Witch Hunters

In the CPU verison you'd have gotten Muncie and not have been able to roll for Salem, so you'll have to stay with Muncie. I just rolled all the die at once for expediency. We also already have two Massachusetts teams.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

The experience of putting Muncie on the map too made me realize up until this point in my life I didn't know WHERE Muncie was, exactly, despite having heard of it.  That's pretty rare for me, so way to pick a winner.

If you’ve ever watched Parks and Recreation. The fictional town is an inverted Muncie map. One of the characters, who gets poked fun at for being almost comically boring, has a timeshare and Muncie. It’s supposed to be funny because it’s like a vacation home in an identical place. 

1 minute ago, vcczar said:

If you’ve ever watched Parks and Recreation. The fictional town is an inverted Muncie map. One of the characters, who gets poked fun at for being almost comically boring, has a timeshare and Muncie. It’s supposed to be funny because it’s like a vacation home in an identical place. 

I've watched about half of that, but it's been awhile.  I mean, ironically, Indiana is like 20 minutes away from where I live, but I try to avoid going there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vcczar said:

Giving you 10 locations.

1. Virginia Beach

2. Baton Rouge

3. Oklahoma City

4. Trenton

5. New Hampshire

6. Manchester

7. South Dakota

8. Fresno

9. Hartford

10. Evansville

1 hour ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Giving you 10 locations.

1. Virginia Beach

2. Baton Rouge

3. Oklahoma City

4. Trenton

5. New Hampshire

6. Manchester

7. South Dakota

8. Fresno

9. Hartford

10. Evansville

Virginia Beach it is. You roll a 4 and needed a 1-10 out of 100. Team #14.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2023 at 7:47 PM, OrangeP47 said:

The experience of putting Muncie on the map too made me realize up until this point in my life I didn't know WHERE Muncie was, exactly, despite having heard of it.  That's pretty rare for me, so way to pick a winner.

You can add Virginia Beach now 

Hiring coaches. Here are the coach options in order of experience. Feel free to research them. Give me your top 5 list, but please include at least one "new coach". I'll roll to randomize the order once everyone posts. 

Coach Options for 1950:
  • George Halas w/ 30 years coaching experience
  • Paddy Driscoll, veteran black coach & former star player
  • Curly Lambeau w/ almost 30 years coaching experience
  • Steve Owen, w/ 20 years coaching experience
  • Walt Kiesling, veteran coach
  • Greasy Neale, veteran coach
  • Phil Handler, veteran coach
  • Paul Brown, veteran coach
  • Buck Shaw, new coach
  • Hampton Pool, new coach
  • Cecil Isbell, new coach & former star player