The Political Lounge

NFL Playtest 2: 1950-present

vcczar

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Not necessarily. I have to account for non-notables. So you have a chance of getting no pick. There’s no certainty. Weaker teams gave a higher chance of getting a pick. 

I’m still a bit confused. 

So, I’m assuming that we go through each round until all the players are gone, in our draft order?

So like, if I have the second pick, and I put 2 points on at least two people, am I getting someone just from the virtue of going second, or is the amount of points I put in NOT a competition with other players, but instead a direct correlation with actually getting that player if they’re in drafted on my draft turn?

Do we go through rounds in order? Like every player in A round has to be drafted before we move on to B round? I guess that would make probability linked to the amount of points invested make sense even if there are 9 picks and 14 teams?

Overall I suppose I’m just confused at how this works, haha. I’m not really sure what the rules of competition are here.

Just now, Cal said:

I’m still a bit confused. 

So, I’m assuming that we go through each round until all the players are gone, in our draft order?

So like, if I have the second pick, and I put 2 points on at least two people, am I getting someone just from the virtue of going second, or is the amount of points I put in NOT a competition with other players, but instead a direct correlation with actually getting that player if they’re in drafted on my draft turn?

Do we go through rounds in order? Like every player in A round has to be drafted before we move on to B round? I guess that would make probability linked to the amount of points invested make sense even if there are 9 picks and 14 teams?

Overall I suppose I’m just confused at how this works, haha. I’m not really sure what the rules of competition are here.

It’s like Russian roulette. You’ll have a 75% to 25% chance of getting a pick that round, depending on the strength of your team. If it’s your turn, and you get a pick on the die roll, I give you your highest bid. 

3 minutes ago, vcczar said:

It’s like Russian roulette. You’ll have a 75% to 25% chance of getting a pick that round, depending on the strength of your team. If it’s your turn, and you get a pick on the die roll, I give you your highest bid. 

Ahhh. So really, I just need to rank all of my desired picks for each round?

1950 NFL Draft Summary!

Round A (representing the 1st round)

• 1st Overall - @jvikings1 Colonels - DT Leo Nomellini
  • @Rezi Pot Smokers - WR Leon Hart
  • @Bloot911 Mustaches - DT Stan West
  • @vcczar Painted Buntings - MLB Clayton Tonnemaker
  • @mark2 Knights - WR Bud Grant
  • @jnewt Americans - FB Fred Morrison
  • @Hestia Monarchs - TE/KR Lynn Chandnois
  • @ebrk85 Yodelers - RB Ken Carpenter
  • @10centjimmy Top Hats - QB/P Adrian Burke

Nomellini is one of the only Italian-born NFL players in history. Hart was the traditional 1st overall pick. Bud Grant ended up being a great coach. Chandnois is one of the first--if not the first--TEs. 

Round B (representing the 2nd round)

Round C (representing rounds 3 and 4)

Round D (representing rounds 5 and 6)

• @Rezi Pot Smokers - CB Bennie Aldridge
  • @mark2 Knights - FS Herb Rich

Round F (representing 7th and later rounds and undrafted rookies)

I think @Rezi was the luckiest and got 7 notable picks. There was one or two teams that got only 1 notable pick, which represents that they drafted busts or underwhelming players. I think the CPU version will have every player, including those that never played a down. 

It's going to take me a while to process these moves, I'll post the updated power ranking when I do. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, vcczar said:

1950 NFL Draft Summary!

Round A (representing the 1st round)

• 1st Overall - @jvikings1 Colonels - DT Leo Nomellini
  • @Rezi Pot Smokers - WR Leon Hart
  • @Bloot911 Mustaches - DT Stan West
  • @vcczar Painted Buntings - MLB Clayton Tonnemaker
  • @mark2 Knights - WR Bud Grant
  • @jnewt Americans - FB Fred Morrison
  • @Hestia Monarchs - TE/KR Lynn Chandnois
  • @ebrk85 Yodelers - RB Ken Carpenter
  • @10centjimmy Top Hats - QB/P Adrian Burke

Nomellini is one of the only Italian-born NFL players in history. Hart was the traditional 1st overall pick. Bud Grant ended up being a great coach. Chandnois is one of the first--if not the first--TEs. 

Round B (representing the 2nd round)

Round C (representing rounds 3 and 4)

Round D (representing rounds 5 and 6)

• @Rezi Pot Smokers - CB Bennie Aldridge
  • @mark2 Knights - FS Herb Rich

Round F (representing 7th and later rounds and undrafted rookies)

I think @Rezi was the luckiest and got 7 notable picks. There was one or two teams that got only 1 notable pick, which represents that they drafted busts or underwhelming players. I think the CPU version will have every player, including those that never played a down. 

It's going to take me a while to process these moves, I'll post the updated power ranking when I do. 

And I got no help at secondary which is what I put all my betting chips for.  Oh well.

Post-Draft Power Rankings

Yodelers, Painted Buntings, and Pot Smokers are the only teams to improve their ranking because of the draft. 

Team Owner Division
Virginia Beach Viceroys CE2 East
Washington Top Hats 10centjimmy East
Atlanta Rebels matthewyoung East
Los Angeles Yodelers ebrk West
Chicago Cardinals OrangeP West
Cambridge Painted Buntings VCCzar East
Muncie Moose WilltheScout West
Boise Sad Clowns Cal West
Kansas City Monarchs Hestia West
Boston Americans JNewt East
Las Vegas Knights mark2 West
Buffalo Pot Smokers Rezi East
Salt Lake City Mustaches Bloot West
Lexington Colonels JVikings East

The above is the order. The Championship seems like it could be between the Viceroys and Yodelers, but of course we have to have a regular season. 

Despite being an awful team, the Knights have the top passing offense, while the bottom two teams--Colonels and Mustaches-- have the worst passing offenses. 

Top Hats have the best rushing offense, while the Mustaches have the worst rushing offense. 

Viceroys have the best passing defense, while the Pot Smokers have the worst. 

Viceroys also have the best rush defense, while the Monarchs have the worst. 

Viceroys have the best special teams, while the Knights have the worst. 

A hidden factor is coaching and QB clutch, which kicks in during playoffs and overtime games. The Top Hats are king here, which means they could be the strongest team in the playoffs, if they get there. The Colonels, who won't get to the playoffs anyway, are the worst in this category. 

• Like 1

1950 Events

Rezi @OrangeP47 @ebrk85 @matthewyoung123 @jvikings1 @ConservativeElector2 @mark2 @Bloot911 @Hestia @10centjimmy @Willthescout7 @Cal @vcczar @jnewt

Here are the events that were applicable:

• Cardinals OLB Stu Clarkson degrades, while he's new to the NFL, he's been playing football for over 7 years based on his draft year. His Pass Defense goes from 65 (D) to 50 (F). He can still rush defense. 
  • Colonels rookie DT Leo Nomellini is out for the entire year, but suffers no degrading from his injury luckily. He was the first overall pick of the draft!
  • Knights backup QB Jim Hardy demands a trade. You can force him to stay since we are before the year 1960, but you can also agree to seek a trade for him. @mark2
  • Monarchs backup QB Jim Finks will have an A clutch in the playoffs. 
  • Painted Buntings reserve QB and rookie Butch Songin leaves the NFL to start in the CFL. He joins the Free Agency list and can only rejoin the NFL with an event. 
  • Top Hats MLB Chuck Bednarik will miss the 1st 4 games of the season with a minor injury. No degradng, fortunately. 
  • Rebels RB Bill Dudley will miss 8 games due to injury. No degrading. 
  • Viceroys have a contract dispute with rookie FB Eddie Price. As this is before 1960 and you can't up his contract, he will sit out for the season. You can agree to trade him or cut him. He will play for a new team, if he's traded ot them. He's your starting FB, while Joe Perry, who is technically a FB, is operating as the primary runner. Price runs and blocks. @ConservativeElector2
  • Yodelers rookie reserve RB leaves the NFL to start in the CFL. He joins the Free Agency list and can only rejoin the NFL with an event. 

Trades

Now is a time to suggest trades. If you have a non-injured player on your reserve list, I recommend trading them for a reserve player on another team who could fill one of your vacancies. 

Let me know if you will make no trades as well. 

12 minutes ago, vcczar said:

1950 Events

Rezi @OrangeP47 @ebrk85 @matthewyoung123 @jvikings1 @ConservativeElector2 @mark2 @Bloot911 @Hestia @10centjimmy @Willthescout7 @Cal @vcczar @jnewt

Here are the events that were applicable:

• Cardinals OLB Stu Clarkson degrades, while he's new to the NFL, he's been playing football for over 7 years based on his draft year. His Pass Defense goes from 65 (D) to 50 (F). He can still rush defense. 
  • Colonels rookie DT Leo Nomellini is out for the entire year, but suffers no degrading from his injury luckily. He was the first overall pick of the draft!
  • Knights backup QB Jim Hardy demands a trade. You can force him to stay since we are before the year 1960, but you can also agree to seek a trade for him. @mark2
  • Monarchs backup QB Jim Finks will have an A clutch in the playoffs. 
  • Painted Buntings reserve QB and rookie Butch Songin leaves the NFL to start in the CFL. He joins the Free Agency list and can only rejoin the NFL with an event. 
  • Top Hats MLB Chuck Bednarik will miss the 1st 4 games of the season with a minor injury. No degradng, fortunately. 
  • Rebels RB Bill Dudley will miss 8 games due to injury. No degrading. 
  • Viceroys have a contract dispute with rookie FB Eddie Price. As this is before 1960 and you can't up his contract, he will sit out for the season. You can agree to trade him or cut him. He will play for a new team, if he's traded ot them. He's your starting FB, while Joe Perry, who is technically a FB, is operating as the primary runner. Price runs and blocks. @ConservativeElector2
  • Yodelers rookie reserve RB leaves the NFL to start in the CFL. He joins the Free Agency list and can only rejoin the NFL with an event. 

Trades

Now is a time to suggest trades. If you have a non-injured player on your reserve list, I recommend trading them for a reserve player on another team who could fill one of your vacancies. 

Let me know if you will make no trades as well. 

And I take it there are no free agents left is that correct?