The Political Lounge

CE2's 1808 primary poll

What do you prefer?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your preferred Democratic-Republican nominee?

• Sen./Sec. Dewitt Clinton - Themiddlepolitical
    • Associate Justice John Randolph of Roanoke - WVProgressive
    • Governor William Henry Harrison - MrPotatoTed
  2. 2. Who is your preferred Federalist nominee?

• Timothy Pickering - Timur
    • John Quincy Adams - Mishfox
    • Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette - Zenobiyl

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2021 at 05:27 PM

9 minutes ago, Pringles said:

General Andrew Jackson begins spreading viscous rumors and makes his opinions well known on Pickering. Calling him an overly obnoxious, weak little bastard. Should Pickering ever step out of line Jackson will seek to use as much power as possible to have him trialed for treason.

Timothy Pickering delivers a speech in Connecticut calling Jackson, Randolph, and Jefferson enemies of New England. He calls Jefferson and Jackson "manifest infidels." He calls Jefferson "a member of the Illuminati," and a "bloody murderer" and compared Jefferson to Robespierre.

Edited by Timur

5 minutes ago, Timur said:

Timothy Pickering delivers a speech in Connecticut calling Jackson, Randolph, and Jefferson enemies of New England. He calls Jefferson and Jackson "manifest infidels." He calls Jefferson "a member of the Illuminati," and a "bloody murderer" and compared Jefferson to Robespierre.

Also, Pickering secretly meets with Native tribes promising them that they will get much of their land back if they attack Jackson, should he try to have Pickering trialed...

On 6/6/2021 at 5:51 AM, themiddlepolitical said:

Dewitt Clinton nearing on declaring victory, offers cabinet position to Randolph and Harrison

"The numbers appear tonight that we have won, I want to thank the support of everybody tonight, and with swift concessions I would like to offer Mr.Harrison and Mr.Randolph cabinet spots ( @WVProgressive @MrPotatoTed ). We are going into the General election strong, I believe we will be the uniter of both sides and we as 2 united parties can pursue the war of 1812 ahead"

-Sen/Sec Dewitt Clinton 

On 6/6/2021 at 6:28 AM, Pringles said:

Upon catching wind of the fanatic, and lunatic, John Quincy Adams;

General Jackson challenges him to a duel upon the end of the War of 1812.

Saying that the son of a bitch rich son probably can't even use a gun. 

This is an 1808 primary...

53 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

John Randolph of Roanoke declares his intention to run as an Independent for President, labelling himself as the only candidate who stands for the continuation of Jefferson's legacy. He offers the VP spot to Amos Singletary @Dobs

The Singletary estate thanks the Randolph campaign but cordially reminds them that the late Attorney General passed 2 years ago in 1806.

• Haha 1

Randolph offers @ReziGeorge Clinton the VP slot after learning that Amos is deceased.

2 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

Randolph offers @ReziGeorge Clinton the VP slot after learning that Amos is deceased.

Clinton accepts, and requests that his good friend George Jones be given a secretary spot in the Randolph Administration 

42 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

@Rezi @WVProgressive @Pringles 

Dewitt Clinton reaches out to let his party allies know of his new pick, and still extends the offer of cabinet spots- and the guarantee of the keeping of their justice spot. 

George Jones tells Dewitt Clinton to shove it and that flip flopping is the sign of a dishonorable man.

Timothy Pickering delivers a speech in Vermont urging people not to "fall into the hands of Southern slaveholders."

Edited by Timur

17 minutes ago, Mishfox said:

@ConservativeElector2 I am taking a break from running candidates in this RP. I joined a new one and my candidates were all murdered, so I’m not gonna play anyone here for a while (maybe until leftists start to come around). I will still vote though.

Ok, thanks for letting me know and for continuing to vote.

1 hour ago, themiddlepolitical said:

@ConservativeElector2 I believe we r ready 😉

I am currently not sure when we'll start again. The whole 1808 stuff gave me a lot to think about, and I am not sure how to resolve the issue of ''write-in'' campaigns after conventions took already place.

Each solution so far was unsatisfying to me, as I originally didn't plan to include independent campaigns, but also didn't consider the possibility of only having one ticket. I don't want to hold no election or an election with the second option as rejection of the ticket, but it's not doable unless I adjust the rules. Also I wouldn't want to see an influx of ''after-convention'' campaigns during future elections, which would have a precedent then.

49 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

I am currently not sure when we'll start again. The whole 1808 stuff gave me a lot to think about, and I am not sure how to resolve the issue of ''write-in'' campaigns after conventions took already place.

Each solution so far was unsatisfying to me, as I originally didn't plan to include independent campaigns, but also didn't consider the possibility of only having one ticket. I don't want to hold no election or an election with the second option as rejection of the ticket, but it's not doable unless I adjust the rules. Also I wouldn't want to see an influx of ''after-convention'' campaigns during future elections, which would have a precedent then.

We decided that we are doing separate tickets and that it didn’t make sense. So we are just doing normal. As for @WVProgressive i‘m sure he’d be fine

2 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

So you the fusion ticket was cancelled?

Yes @Zenobiyl can confirm

I agree fusion tickets don’t make much sense,so I def agree primary’s should be primary’s from here on out.

19 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Yes @Zenobiyl can confirm

I agree fusion tickets don’t make much sense,so I def agree primary’s should be primary’s from here on out.

Yeah, it would’ve been a funny thing to do but everybody else got quite upset about it so whatever.

NY Sen./Sec. Clinton selects James Monroe @Hestia as his VP.

"For we will lead with dignity, leadership, and unity"

@Pringles @Rezi @WVProgressive @ConservativeElector2 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

I select @Sean F KennedySamuel Smith as my Vice President. @ConservativeElector2

You know he's a Democratic-Republican, I guess?

Just confirming and please don't do cross-party tickets in each election 😛 *realism*

Edited by ConservativeElector2

2 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

You know he's a Democratic-Republican, I guess?

Just confirming and please don't do cross-party tickets in each election 😛 *realism*

Yeah. I’m trying to be a uniter, not a divider.

• Like 1