The Political Lounge

Founding Fathers: 1789 - ????

MrPotatoTed

Former President Calhoun rallies across the nation proclaiming it's time to beat the Mexicans back harder than we did the Indians! 😛

MANFEST DESTINY. 

• Haha 2

Uh oh.  It’s been 13 hours, even though @Hestia was here within that timeframe.

President Webster misses a vital opportunity (either by choice or by oversight) to expand our country westward — and thus our forces are not in place when Mexico gets its act together and attacks.

Texas falls back to the Mexicans, President Webster loses 3 popularity, future expansion plans fall through (perhaps indefinitely).  And @TimurTexas Ambassador William H Crawford  is captured and executed by the invaders.

• Sad 1

@Hestia

ISSUE FOUR

With future expansion opportunities in peril, and current opportunities for statehood in the little remaining   With the little remaining territory  at a premium, the question of slave vs free state becomes even more vital.  President Calhoun’s signature on the Kansas Nebraska act establishing that such decisions would be made by popular vote has led to passionate advocates on both sides moving to the territories in droves — and killing each other to cancel out each other’s votes.

This...is not sustainable.

President Webster, will you send in the troops?

(the skull icon killed off Crawford)

20C546EE-CACA-4BF3-B533-A655940E0FDD.jpeg.c5f69c4d366730f9be7c2dcfbe4a5c48.jpeg

1 hour ago, MrPotatoTed said:

@Hestia

ISSUE FOUR

With future expansion opportunities in peril, and current opportunities for statehood in the little remaining   With the little remaining territory  at a premium, the question of slave vs free state becomes even more vital.  President Calhoun’s signature on the Kansas Nebraska act establishing that such decisions would be made by popular vote has led to passionate advocates on both sides moving to the territories in droves — and killing each other to cancel out each other’s votes.

This...is not sustainable.

President Webster, will you send in the troops?

(the skull icon killed off Crawford)

20C546EE-CACA-4BF3-B533-A655940E0FDD.jpeg.c5f69c4d366730f9be7c2dcfbe4a5c48.jpeg

Sure we will send in the troops.

• Like 1

Richard M. Johnson inherited the role of General from previous administrations, but you sir are not obligated to keep him at his post!

Loyal conservative Franklin Pierce is ready, willing, and able to step forward and command the Army at your direction to settle this matter in Kansas @Hestia

Edited by Magnus Rex
  • Like 1

Just now, Magnus Rex said:

Richard M. Johnson inherited the role of General from previous administrations, but you sir are not obligated to keep him at his post!

Loyal conservative Franklin Pierce is ready, willing, and able to step forward and command the Army's at your direction to settle this matter in Kansas @Hestia

We will progress with Pierces lead.

• Like 1

@Magnus Rex @Hestia my apologies, I gave an errant answer to Magnus’ question.  

While it’s absolutely true that you can replace Johnson as General, it needs to be with someone who has at least 2 ability and military experience (as they’d be more qualified that Johnson).

I told Magnus if it was a conservative it didn’t have to be a higher ability, but that’s only true if a Johnson was part of the minority party (liberal right now).  He’s not, so I was wrong.

All that is to say this is a fine plan...but Franklin can’t be the one to execute it

Just now, MrPotatoTed said:

@Magnus Rex @Hestia my apologies, I gave an errant answer to Magnus’ question.  

While it’s absolutely true that you can replace Johnson as General, it needs to be with someone who has at least 2 ability and military experience (as they’d be more qualified that Johnson).

I told Magnus if it was a conservative it didn’t have to be a higher ability, but that’s only true if a Johnson was part of the minority party (liberal right now).  He’s not, so I was wrong.

All that is to say this is a fine plan...but Franklin can’t be the one to execute it

What about Winfield Scott? Or would he not work bc liberal?

• Like 1