The Political Lounge

AMPU Playtest Draft

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

He was the law teacher for Jefferson, Monroe and a lot of other major Virginians. Forgot if he taught Henry Clay too. His death is kind of interesting. Was also way more progressive-minded than most people of his day. 

Interesting. I didn't know a whole lot about him, but he is a fascinating individual for his time.

@vcczar I'm still locked from editing that row on some player sheets.  Can you do the following?

On player sheets that don't already have it, can you add a column to the left of "Pop" (Column R).  Name the new Column "RW Pop" and rename the original Pop column "LW Pop."  

Once you do that, I can fix any issues where data is aligned wrong easily with the press of a button.  I can also create the automated counter system so we know how many cards of each ideology everyone has.

9 hours ago, MrPotatoTed said:

@vcczar I'm still locked from editing that row on some player sheets.  Can you do the following?

On player sheets that don't already have it, can you add a column to the left of "Pop" (Column R).  Name the new Column "RW Pop" and rename the original Pop column "LW Pop."  

Once you do that, I can fix any issues where data is aligned wrong easily with the press of a button.  I can also create the automated counter system so we know how many cards of each ideology everyone has.

Ok, I added the new column. Should have LW Pop and RW Pop on all the tabs.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Francis Hopkinson.

Like Franklin and Jefferson, he was a polymath. A genius at almost everything he did. For whatever, reason the US has several Renaissance men born before the US Constitution. We don't get a single one born after the US Constitution, although Theodore Roosevelt might come closest. One could make the case that he was the last, belated one.

@jvikings1 is up. 

16 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Like Franklin and Jefferson, he was a polymath. A genius at almost everything he did. For whatever, reason the US has several Renaissance men born before the US Constitution. We don't get a single one born after the US Constitution, although Theodore Roosevelt might come closest. One could make the case that he was the last, belated one.

You’re sleepin’ on my boy Buttigieg! ;c)

34 minutes ago, vcczar said:

We don't get a single one born after the US Constitution, although Theodore Roosevelt might come closest.

I don't think that's true. Sure, we haven't gotten polymathmatical politicians since the early days of the republic, but I would argue people like Buckminster Fuller, George Washington Carver, W. E. B. Du Bois, and George Antheil could be classified as Post-Revolution American Polymaths. There are a few more, I'm sure, but those are the ones that came to my mind first.

5 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

I don't think that's true. Sure, we haven't gotten polymathmatical politicians since the early days of the republic, but I would argue people like Buckminster Fuller, George Washington Carver, W. E. B. Du Bois, and George Antheil could be classified as Post-Revolution American Polymaths. There are a few more, I'm sure, but those are the ones that came to my mind first.

I mean of federal-level politicians. That is ones that served in elected or appointed federal office. I can't think of any off the top of my head other than T Roosevelt in the 20th century. I'm sure there are some if you look at local offices, which are often more casual. 

Random statistics the faction's so far:

Red Party

JViking: is strongest in Judicial ability, liberal ideology, and Civil Rights interest. May his faction convert him in real life. Just kidding.

DakotaH: is strongest in Admin ability, moderate ideology

SilentL: is strongest in Legis ability, conservative ideology

Cal: is strongest in military ability (by far), conservative ideology, and nationalist interest

ConserveE2: is strongest in judicial ability (by a decent margin), conservative ideology

RedCPU: is strongest in Gov ability, moderate ideology, nationalist interest

Blue Party

Rezi: Legis ability, moderate, expansionist interest

TheMiddleP: Legis ability, moderate, expansionist interest

Rodja: Legis ability, moderate

Hestia: Both legis and gov ability, conservative, 

WVProg: Gov ability, moderate and LW Pop, RW Activist (What an odd combo!!!!)

BlueCPU: Legis ability and Mil ability, conservative, expansionist

@DakotaHale and @MrPotatoTed (for Blue CPU) are up.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Red Party

JViking: is strongest in Judicial ability, liberal ideology, and Civil Rights interest. May his faction convert him in real life. Just kidding.

Cal: is strongest in military ability (by far), conservative ideology, and nationalist interest

ConserveE2: is strongest in judicial ability (by a decent margin), conservative ideology

Blue Party

me and @Rezi have seem to have the exact same strategy. Hey there ally 😉 haha (and @Rodja

Edited by themiddlepolitical
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

me and @Rezi have seem to have the exact same strategy. Hey there ally 😉 haha (and @Rodja

Just out here creating my nice little coalition of fairly moderate northerners 😛 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

Red Party

Blue Party

Charles Scott.  @Rezi

• Thanks 1