The Political Lounge

Information

Timur

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

I am even more vindicated in my advice. The United States, while it isn't tops in every list, it is number 1 in the number of psychiatrists practicing per 1000 population. A number one statistic I suggest you take advantage of. I'm serious here. You are not all there or playing with a full deck, whether or not you can see it, or anyone else will call it out. Really!

We are all a little Crazy here....,

7 minutes ago, Patine said:

More highly inappropriately-used laugh emotes by @Pringles. I once again must reiterate my advice to seek psychiatric help. As someone who actually done so myself, and arranged such help for many clients at work, my recommendation actually holds more weight than many.

Some people like to laugh a lot.

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

No, you won't. I can only imagine the monstrous hash you'll make, given the several gross misrepresentations you've already done on this thread. I am tentatively declining involvement, though I may change my mind tomorrow or Sunday when I calm down from dealing with the bullshit of several troublemakers here, in which case, I will do it myself. But not tonight. I'm too damned annoyed with this crap.

Well, I can do it, and you can bring out your corrections. However, I'm willing to wait for when you are less heated.

Edited by Timur

1 minute ago, Patine said:

Yes, but some laugh at trainwrecks, housefires, mass shootings, and famine scenes - and some of the posts that are in no way, shape, or form, "funny," that @Pringles laughs at. Not all laughter is appropriate - or signs of mental stability. Now, I am logging for a while.

Man, it really reminds me of several years ago when I took sarcastic statements too seriously.

Edited by Timur

Just now, Patine said:

Yes, but some laugh at trainwrecks, housefires, mass shootings, and famine scenes - and some of the posts that are in no way, shape, or form, "funny," that @Pringles laughs at. Not all laughter is appropriate - or signs of mental stability. Now, I am logging for a while.

You bitching about the duopoly all day isnt any of the examples of non laughing matters you mentioned.

What's very sad, and I'll say it again, is you thinking every issue except duopoly oppression is unimportant. You even had to admit COVID was an important issue. 

I'm not laughing at any of that. I'm laughing at this whole conversation and your views 🙂

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

@DakotaHale Reporting another instance of a serial personal attack, knowing it to have no other purpose. Please deal with this troll.

Why is that a personal attack?

Edited by Timur

I had a bad dream last night that PoliticalPundit found this forum. Man, that will really heat things up.

Edited by Timur
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Zenobiyl said:

Personal Attack

Personal Attack

Personal Attack

Thanks for giving me PTSD from the 270soft era.

???

1 minute ago, Patine said:

I didn't say this - this was just your completely erroneous hot take on the issue. It was not what I was saying. It's not JUST the Duopoly, though their inaction, and knowing benefit from many of the others, is also a problem. Many issues are not only not addressed, many others that are cannot get productive and needed solutions, because unneeded political jockeying sabotages the process. Foreign wars, acts to restrain due process and privacy, and acts to enrich corporations and the rich are the majority (not the only, I admit, but the majority) of, "bipartisan endeavours." This NEEDS to change, if the actual issues in question in the PI scenario will have productive and beneficial solutions not screwed by partisan one-upmanship. Don't you see this?

Why cant you just participate in fun forum scenario making venture without having to perceive it so super seriously to the point you cant take it because your family honor is on the line.

😂

We also need to invite JohnnyK, NewAnarchist, and Koneke to be the new moderaters.

• Haha 1

Just now, Zenobiyl said:

Meta: The admin of 270soft forums used “personal attacks” as a justification to ban people for just about anything, which is what led people to leave and migrate here.

Oh, this one is about me!

5 hours ago, Dobs said:

Abortion

R Only allow abortion in cases where the mother's life is at risk. Ban partial-birth abortion. Overturn Roe vs. Wade and move it back to the states. Defund Planned Parenthood.

Business Policy

R: Trickle-down economics rules. Reduce taxes and remove barriers to economic growth and wealth creation.

China

FR China is America's #1 enemy! Slap heavy tariffs on China now, and rein in their military!

Corruption

C Washington, D.C. is corrupt. We need better oversight and reform.

COVID-19

CR: COVID-19 is blown out of proportion. End the lockdowns in phases and encourage social distancing. Have to look at societal health, not just the coronavirus. Lockdowns tend to hurt more than they help. Masks in certain situations. Open schools except in hot spots. Focus going forward on free market innovation for therapeutics and vaccines.

Cuba

FR: Invade Cuba, and liberate the people from the yoke of Communism!

D.C. Statehood

CR: D.C should be absorbed by Virginia or Maryland if they desire representation in Congress. We need a constitutional amendment on this matter.

Defense Spending

R The military requires a major expansion in capability to deal with potential conflicts with Russia, Iran, and China.

Economy

FR This is the best the economy has ever done, but Trump needs to be even stronger on negotiations, tariffs, deregulation, and tax cuts!

Education

FR School vouchers for anyone. Get the federal government out of education completely! All universities should be privatised, and no federal loans for tuition!

Electoral Reform

CR Tougher voter ID requirements. Open to gerrymandering reform at the state level. Citizens United was the right decision. Oppose the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact or any other scheme to abolish or distory the Electoral College. Voter-verified paper audit trail.

Energy

CR Continue to reduce dependence on foreign sources of oil. Support the development of all forms of energy domestically, and let renewable energy sources come along largely by the free market. Address climate change through technological innovation.

Environment

CR The environment is important. Find market based solutions to environmental problems.

Free Trade

FR There's no such thing as unfair free trade!

Government Spending

FR Deficit spending should be outlawed as overall government spending is reduced to minimal levels.

Gun Control

R Gun ownership is constitutionally protected. Allow people to fight back by getting rid of gun free zones. Increase security and training.

Healthcare

FR Get government out of healthcare! Eliminate both Medicare and Medicaid, let charities help people instead.

Homeland Security

L: If we were more respectful to other nations, they would respect us in return. Reduce security measures and funding. Dramatically decrease electronic surveillance of American citizens. Always require a warrant.

Immigration

CL Legal immigration is great. Zero-tolerance is immoral. Dreamers make our communities stronger - pass long-term legislation for DACA. Support guest-worker program for illegals and amnesty.

Israel

R: Provide foreign aid as well as coordinating defense strategy between Israel and NATO.

Keystone Pipeline

R: Oil is our greatest economic asset and we should work to strengthen and expand the oil sector with new pipelines.

LGBT Rights

CL Protect gay rights. Push to globally decriminalize homosexuality. Consider more efforts toward protecting the rights of the transgender community. 

Military Intervention

CR We should intervene when our national interests are threatened.

Minimum Wage

FR Abolish the minimum wage! The free market will determine what the proper wages should be, no politicians in Washington! 

Native Americans

CL: What we did to the Natives was awful. The government should do something to counter act the lingering side effects of our history of anti-Native policy.

Native Hawaiians

R: By dividing government power along racial and ancestral lines, the Akaka Bill would represent a significant step backwards in American history and would create far greater problems than those it might purport to solve.

North Korea

R We should launch a pre-emptive attack on North Korea and destroy all potential nuclear sites.

Offshore Drilling

CR We need to use the resources we have, there is oil in our coast and we should make it available.

Partisanship

C The hyper-partisanship and failure of conversation this country is experiencing is very bad for the overall health of our nation, and we should try to remedy the issue as soon as possible!

Puerto Rico

CL The people of Puerto Rico support statehood. It is time to give them that. They deserve representation in the House and in the Senate.

Racial Injustice

FL Black Lives Matter! We need to end systemic racism, provide economic aid to the Black community, and properly punish cops for brutality! We need to take steps now to a more accepting nation!

Role of Government

FR Government can run the military, the police, and the courts - that's it.

Russia

R Russia is a growing threat on the world stage! We need an influx of troops into Europe to form a clear wall against Russia, and we need all options on the table.

Russian Interference

C There was certainly Russian interference in 2016, but it wasn't a major factor, and the Special Counsel established there isn't good evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia. Careful House oversight is fine. Russia is primarily a foe, not ally. Trump likes dictators like Putin too much, but he's not controlled by them. 

Social Security

FR Let workers privately invest all retirement payments. Social Security is a Ponzi scheme!

Student Debt

C We have other important matters right now - keep things as they are, including income-based repayments.

Supreme Court Nominations

FR Replace existing justices with only strict constitutionalists.

Tax Rates

FR A single rate flat tax for citizens, and a very low tax rate for corporations. It works for the Baltic States.

Trump Support

L Move towards impeachment or removal of Trump because of Russia collusion or possible financial crimes. Investigate Trump on every avenue possible.

Unions

R Unions are hindering our economic prosperity with their constant bickering.

Venezuela

FR Launch a CIA backed coup against Maduro!

Wall Street

FR The Federal Reserve should be abolished! Wall Street should be audited. 

War on Drugs

FL Legalize all drugs, except psychotics - end the expensive and unwinnable Drug War.

War on Terrorism

CL A renewed focus on multilateral foreign policy aimed at engaging terrorism as a police issue. Protect civil liberties.

---

I am very clearly a progressive apologist!

Considering you admit to toeing the “progressive” BLM, LGBT agendas, I’d say you have only confirmed the label. Being “for” free markets doesn’t help when you help prop up the marxists. Classic LP move

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Considering you admit to toeing the “progressive” BLM, LGBT agendas, I’d say you have only confirmed the label. Being “for” free markets doesn’t help when you help prop up the marxists. Classic LP move

What is the "LGBT Agenda" and what does it have to do with Marxism?

• Thanks 1

I'll probably include Mishfox for fun. I don't think he will be around, so I'll assume all his political positions (except China) will be Far-Left.

2 hours ago, Patine said:

I believe @Eugene's ridiculous spam is the only time I have seriously invoked the term here. Comparing me to PoliticalPundit is disgustingly disingenuous, and makes a fool of you.

Sir, (and I use the word "sir" as term of respect of your age not as a mockery). You're a different breed from PoliticalPundit, but if we have an argument between Patine and PoliticalPundit, things really get heated, regardless of who is right or wrong.

Also, Eugene seems to joke about everyone (including a recent joke about Timurlane (haha)).

Finally, it is not a good idea to report other people and call them "ass" for making a few silly jokes. Seriously, you have sometimes made posts that offended me to the point where I placed you in the "Ignored Users" section once or twice for a brief time. However, I don't remember ever reporting you to the Administrator.

Edited by Timur