The Political Lounge

AMPU To Do List

vcczar

9 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

@vcczar Are there any events if the bill of rights does not get passed? Considering the approval of the constitution was heavily influence by the promise of those first 10 Amendments, it would seem to make sense to include something along those lines.

That’s a good idea. 

• Like 1

Starting from the Era of Democracy and up until the UN is created, it is possible for the US to be claimed in a war for occupation. Basically, the game would end with the US becoming a colony or protectorate of a major power. It's very difficult for this to happen: 

• Military preparedness would have be slightly unprepared or worse
  • Domestic stability would have to be at violent protests or worse
  • Economic stability would have to be at panic or worse
  • Rev/Budget would have to be at overspending or worse
  • Relations with a major power has to be at "enemies"

This would, except in rare cases, result in the end of the game. 

I also now have similar events for invasions and annexations by The Northern Confederacy (If Essex Junto or Hartford Convention leads to secession), The Confederacy (Civil War is won by South), Western America (Burr Conspiracy leads to this "empire"), and Indian Sovereignty. The latter, if you don't know, is a blanket term for recognition of all tribal lands as sovereign nations. In this "history," they will have formed a very decentralized confederation for mutual defense against European-descent nations. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vcczar said:

That’s a good idea. 

Another thought:  In this playthrough, We have at least one canon amendment from the Bill of Rights that will not be included in the new Bill of Rights.

That's fine, but there should be a way to add it as it's own amendment later if desired.  Right now, it can only be included in the Bill of Rights or be ignored forever.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Starting from the Era of Democracy and up until the UN is created, it is possible for the US to be claimed in a war for occupation. Basically, the game would end with the US becoming a colony or protectorate of a major power. It's very difficult for this to happen: 

• Military preparedness would have be slightly unprepared or worse
  • Domestic stability would have to be at violent protests or worse
  • Economic stability would have to be at panic or worse
  • Rev/Budget would have to be at overspending or worse
  • Relations with a major power has to be at "enemies"

This would, except in rare cases, result in the end of the game. 

We are very close to meeting all of these parameters right now.  haha.  But I like it, all the more motive to work together, especially in the early eras.

3 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Another thought:  In this playthrough, We have at least one canon amendment from the Bill of Rights that will not be included in the new Bill of Rights.

That's fine, but there should be a way to add it as it's own amendment later if desired.  Right now, it can only be included in the Bill of Rights or be ignored forever.

Yeah, I'm thinking of making the Constitutional planks into Amendments too. I'll add it to the to do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPotatoTed said:

We are very close to meeting all of these parameters right now.  haha.  But I like it, all the more motive to work together, especially in the early eras.

Yeah, that's why I moved it to Era of Democracy--to give some time to build the nation. Also, European powers are too busy until about 1820s anyway. 

• Like 1

Overall, most of the scripted event trigger % have changed. Most of the are set for 10%, but the bulk of these are being moved to 5%. Those that have stricter requirements for a trigger have their % generally moved to 20, 25, or 50%. However, 10% is still used if the historical event occurred within 10 years of the new Historical Era date. 

Forgot if I mentioned that any event that involves an issue that allows for the historical removal of a tribe from a state, will result in a decrease in EVs for the state if the tribe is not removed. The EVs can be regained once Native Americans are granted citizenship. 

I made some events that that urge the passing or activation of Early Indian Removal or an Indian Removal Act. If these are ignored, then some states lose 1 EV until removal or native american citizenship occurs. There's also an option to establish Indian Sovereignty at this point. 

Ok, I decided to continue working. I'm about up to the Mexican-American War. 

Princeton Disaster has been modified a bit. Still one of my favorite events because it could kill off the entire administration. 

I've now reach scripted event #300 in this update. 

• Like 1

I just realized that ultimately all the generic wars might need to be made into specific wars because the results of those wars aren't always the same and making them specific might make it easier to program the result for the dev. 

• Like 1

One thing I've been doing is adding more chances of Rev/budg + and Econ Stab +. I think this will balance things a bit more. Also toning down dom stab drop just a bit. 

I'm considering having the linger decay, which affect the meter, just progress to the middle. That way, if a meter is high, it has a chance of going down, and if it is low, it has a chance of going up. This would prevent a gamebreaking situation involving meters, I think. 

• Like 1

The Compromise of 1850 is way more impactful now. Even if it doesn't prevent a Civil War, it's a huge deal points-wise. 

This also reminds me that I was working on a Compromise of 1850 boardgame. I've done a lot of work on it and it could probably become a PC game.