The Political Lounge

AMPU To Do List

vcczar

5 minutes ago, Patine said:

You mean, the USSR. We've already discussed this in terms of the nations Gorbachev and Putin had been head-of-state of, and Yeltsin having originally been co-terminously head-of-state of Russia as a subdivision of the USSR (like Ukraine, Estonia, Armenia, Kazakhstan, etc., had been) to Gorbachev as head of the USSR. 😉

I know this. The game term is Russia (Soviet Union in the descriptions when applicable), but the function term is Russia. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vcczar said:

To both of you. The issue with adding a lot of specifics in many cases, requires me to create more and more events to cater to those specifics. I just haven't the time as one person to do a 7-person job. As such, I have to have hypothetical events that are general or broad enough to encompass many of the events I have. 

It is possible that once people start playing the CPU version of the game and see how the events are created and such that suggested events that are more specific can be added later. However for now, I have to have broad events, if I want to have hypothetical events at all. I'm running against a severe time-crunch that raised my blood pressure by the day. If I survive the release date for this game, I'll be amazed. 

In regards to Soviets continuing the war despite Germans surrendering, following the assassination. A German-Soviet pact, whether it was treated as a kind of alliance or not, is beside the point. If Hitler gets assassinated early in the war, it wouldn't make sense that the Soviets invade. It only makes sense if Hitler invades Soviets and fails, and then the assassination occurs. Even then, the German assassination event leads to a surrender and diplomatic negotiations with UK, FR, and possibly US, and Soviets. 

Like Patine said: Fair enough.

However, I didn't really mean to add another event at this point. You have talked about a hypothetical post-Hitler government to which I added the fact of a potential government led by Chancellor Goerdeler under a new Emperor Louis Ferdinand. This was indeed a real plan crafted by people associated with the assassination attempt on July 20th, 1944. So basically I have given the thing you already had created just a name.

We're running into a mild issue where there's rarely more than one candidate available for an elected office, and sometimes there's zero.  But the problem isn't necessarily that there aren't enough applicable statesmen -- the problem is more than 50% of most factions' statesmen are on the career track and therefore not eligible.  

I initially considered maybe we needed a rule change to something like "you can only put 3 statesmen from a draft class into a career track" -- but I'm thinking I'll leave it as is and allow players to make their own risk/reward calculations.  But I think I will draft a CPU rule that instead of trying to fill every career track slot available (which usually takes up the CPU's entire rookie class every time) that maybe there's only a 50% chance that they try to fill each individual career track slot.  

Just now, MrPotatoTed said:

We're running into a mild issue where there's rarely more than one candidate available for an elected office, and sometimes there's zero.  But the problem isn't necessarily that there aren't enough applicable statesmen -- the problem is more than 50% of most factions' statesmen are on the career track and therefore not eligible.  

I initially considered maybe we needed a rule change to something like "you can only put 3 statesmen from a draft class into a career track" -- but I'm thinking I'll leave it as is and allow players to make their own risk/reward calculations.  But I think I will draft a CPU rule that instead of trying to fill every career track slot available (which usually takes up the CPU's entire rookie class every time) that maybe there's only a 50% chance that they try to fill each individual career track slot.  

May I suggest this rule change: If there reaches a minium amount of candidates for a state (so say 1 or zero) Players can run a player off of a career track for that position, and if they lose they get put back on the track.

Just now, themiddlepolitical said:

May I suggest this rule change: If there reaches a minium amount of candidates for a state (so say 1 or zero) Players can run a player off of a career track for that position, and if they lose they get put back on the track.

Maybe.  The issue is the career track is designed to be risk/reward.  Taking a rookie out of commission for "x" number of years has an opportunity cost -- they can't run in elections, can't be appointed to office, etc.  But the longer you take that risk, the bigger the reward is when you finally withdraw them from the career track.  If you can easily take people off the career track and then put them back in with no penalty, then there's no longer any risk.  

15 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Maybe.  The issue is the career track is designed to be risk/reward.  Taking a rookie out of commission for "x" number of years has an opportunity cost -- they can't run in elections, can't be appointed to office, etc.  But the longer you take that risk, the bigger the reward is when you finally withdraw them from the career track.  If you can easily take people off the career track and then put them back in with no penalty, then there's no longer any risk.  

Maybe an emergency take out without any reward and without the chance of going back to the career track?

@vcczar

@themiddlepolitical noticed one of the legislative proposals in the progressive era is to have federal judge elections.  Is that the Supreme Court?  If so, we'll eventually need rules for judge elections -- not remotely urgent, I assume Anthony will have a demo in place before we reach the progressive era in our playthrough, but flagging it as it's something currently missing.

25 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

@vcczar

@themiddlepolitical noticed one of the legislative proposals in the progressive era is to have federal judge elections.  Is that the Supreme Court?  If so, we'll eventually need rules for judge elections -- not remotely urgent, I assume Anthony will have a demo in place before we reach the progressive era in our playthrough, but flagging it as it's something currently missing.

It should be an amendment for federal judge elections. If not, I should change it to one. Yeah SC would be electable and I’d need to make rules for that.