The Political Lounge

The Grassroots Divide: A 1772 Two-Player Populist Showdown

Cal

I swear I cannot catch a break. 

Finally got a job and a new car and I could focus on this. Then immediately found I had misrememhered my drill weekend🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

There are times I wonder how I get through life. 

Anyways, for the sake of easily hopping back in and fixing the draft issues and reconfiguring things to my personal ease of use, I'm inclined to restart the game. A lot has changed since this started and it'll be easier for me to move forward this way.

So: timeline.

Today I will update the sheets accordingly. If someone wants to upload the inaugural draft that would be appreciated. I will update the gov actions and events and legis.

Tomorrow morning the draft will take place. Tomorrow evening, the game begins. Sounds good?

If you are still in to play, comment that you forgive me and you'll buy me a cookie. I believe we still had openings so anyone meeting Vcczar's requirements will be welcome. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Willthescout7 said:

I swear I cannot catch a break. 

Finally got a job and a new car and I could focus on this. Then immediately found I had misrememhered my drill weekend🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

There are times I wonder how I get through life. 

Anyways, for the sake of easily hopping back in and fixing the draft issues and reconfiguring things to my personal ease of use, I'm inclined to restart the game. A lot has changed since this started and it'll be easier for me to move forward this way.

So: timeline.

Today I will update the sheets accordingly. If someone wants to upload the inaugural draft that would be appreciated. I will update the gov actions and events and legis.

Tomorrow morning the draft will take place. Tomorrow evening, the game begins. Sounds good?

If you are still in to play, comment that you forgive me and you'll buy me a cookie. I believe we still had openings so anyone meeting Vcczar's requirements will be welcome. 

By going back to the start do you mean 1772 as in the war had yet to start?

6 hours ago, DJBillyShakes said:

@Willthescout7 I've put up the pols for the inaugural draft. I included pols with special draft and draft year 1772, so they should be easy to filter out if you don't want/need them. I used the first year abilities for all the pols. Let me know if I should go in and account for midway abilities.

I still have people on my personal tab.  Should I not be totally clear?

13 minutes ago, Willthescout7 said:

Draft is done. At this point, all players:

@Cal @Bushwa777 @DJBillyShakes @ShortKing @Rezi @Alexander-Nicholas @jvikings1 @Vols21 may add their pols to a career track. At the same time, post your relocations and ideology shifts. You get 3 since there are no faction leaders currently.

The pols we have now not the draftees we have yet to get right?  

14 minutes ago, Willthescout7 said:

Draft is done. At this point, all players:

@Cal @Bushwa777 @DJBillyShakes @ShortKing @Rezi @Alexander-Nicholas @jvikings1 @Vols21 may add their pols to a career track. At the same time, post your relocations and ideology shifts. You get 3 since there are no faction leaders currently.

Just to clarify, we can only add 1772 draft class pols to the track right?

I also have Mihsihkinaahkwa, so if he's considered in the game for all purposes but unable to hold office without Native American Suffrage, he'd still be useful as a Kingmaker which would be really hilarious to see. He would have to reach National Kingmaker status for him to take a protege outside of Indiana, however, so chance are that he wouldn't be able to actually do anything for most of the game.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cal said:

Just to clarify, we can only add 1772 draft class pols to the track right?

I also have Mihsihkinaahkwa, so if he's considered in the game for all purposes but unable to hold office without Native American Suffrage, he'd still be useful as a Kingmaker which would be really hilarious to see. He would have to reach National Kingmaker status for him to take a protege outside of Indiana, however, so chance are that he wouldn't be able to actually do anything for most of the game.

Similarly, would anything actually prevent him from being appointed to the Supreme Court?

• Haha 1