The Political Lounge

FBI Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago

vcczar

FBI Raids Trump's Mar-a-Lago Poll  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Was the FBI raid on Trump's home necessary?

2. 2. Is the Jan 6th Investigation necessary?

3. 3. If you had to guess, do you think the FBI grabbed anything damning on Trump from his home?

4. 4. Do you think the FBI raid will help or hurt Trump if he chooses to run in 2024?

• More likely help
    • More likely make no difference
    • More likely hurt
  5. 5. Who are you more likely to vote for in 2024 if they are the two major party nominees?

6. 6. Who has been/was a better president?

7. 7. Which president has the lowest integrity of any president in US History?

• Franklin Pierce
    • James Buchanan
    • Andrew Johnson
    • Woodrow Wilson
    • Franklin D Roosevelt
    • Lyndon B Johnson
    • Richard Nixon
    • Ronald Reagan
    • Bill Clinton
    • George W Bush
    • Barack Obama
    • Donald Trump
    • Joe Biden
  8. 8. If one was closest to being worthy of being locked up in prison, who would it be?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
  9. 9. If you could revote in 2016, I'd vote for....

10. 10. If you could revote in 2020, I'd vote for....

11. 11. If Barack Obama could have run for a 3rd term in 2016, who would you have voted for?

12. 12. If the US had a ranked choice, 50%+ requirement to get elected president, and there were several general election candidates, who would you vote for?

• Donald Trump - polling 29%
    • Joe Biden - polling 27%
    • Bernie Sanders - polling 16%
    • Ted Cruz - polling 12%
    • Rand Paul - polling 6%
    • Joe Manchin - polling 5%
    • Jill Stein - polling 3%
    • John Bolton - 2%
  13. 13. Will Joe Biden run for president in 2024 and secure his party's nomination?

14. 14. Will Donald Trump run for president in 2024 and secure his party's nomination?

15. 15. Regardless of who you support, who do you think wins in 2024 if it's Biden vs. Trump?

16. 16. Regardless of who you support, who do you think wins in 2024 if it's Generic Establishment Democrat vs. Trump?

17. 17. Regardless of who you support, who do you think wins in 2024 if it's Biden vs. Generic Establishment Republican?

18. 18. Regardless of who you support, who do you think wins in 2024 if it's Generic Establishment Democrat vs. Generic Establishment Republican?

19. 19. Regardless of who you support, who do you think wins in 2024 if it's Biden vs. Marjorie Taylor Greene

20. 20. Regardless of who you support, who do you think wins in 2024 if it's Alexandria Ocasio Cortez vs. Trump

21. 21. Regardless of who you support, who do you think wins in 2024 if it's AOC or MTG

22. 22. Who wins in this four-way race?

• AOC
    • MTG
    • Tim Scott
    • Kamala Harris
  23. 23. Who is wrecking the country?

• The radical left
    • Moderates and bipartisanship
    • The radical right
    • Partisanship, both left and right
  24. 24. Will Joe Biden's approval rating every get to 45% or higher again? (it's currently averaging about 40%)

22 hours ago, vcczar said:

GOP just needs to get bipartisan support for it, just as there is bipartisan support for the Jan 6th investigation. I think a GOP house will likely attempt to go after Hunter Biden, but I doubt they'll get bipartisan support for it. I'm not sure why they aren't going after Epstein's list and those with connections to him (which would mean investigating Trump again, and also investigating Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew). If I were a US Rep, I'd support it just because I'm for mega-transparency. I think just about every committee and politician has to go through an extensive audit to ensure everything and everyone is ethical. As such, I'd even support investigating the Jan 6th Committee, even though I 100% support its purpose. Ultimately, I would hope such investigations, audits, transparency would make so that no person that inclines towards corruption and unethical behavior would never concieve of entering government. My support of investigations is completely nonpartisan. I'd support one even on Bernie Sanders, say his 2016 campaign, which I strongly supported. 

Investigating corruption shouldn’t be based on whether something is partisan, bipartisan, or nonpartisan. But current leadership has decided to investigate people who fall under a certain ideology/party but not the other.

29 minutes ago, jvikings1 said:

Investigating corruption shouldn’t be based on whether something is partisan, bipartisan, or nonpartisan. But current leadership has decided to investigate people who fall under a certain ideology/party but not the other.

This one isn’t. It’s connected to a historic national emergency—Jan 6th Insurrection. The investigation has bipartisan support. It’s not Congressional leadership’s fault a GOP incumbent directly or indirectly attempted to prevent a transfer of power. The same thing would have happened if Biden’s goons invaded the capital, threatened to overturn a free and fair election, and made threats at the incumbent VP. I’d approve such an investigation into that. I also approve investigations into Hunter Biden, Clinton’s, etc as I said. In this instance, the investigation is bipartisan and not partisan. 

4 hours ago, Pringles said:

This reminds me of the AMAZING number of pre-2016 Trump tweets where Trump's criticisms of Obama perfectly foresaw his own terrible Presidency.  Like pre-2016 Trump twitter was run by a timetraveller warning us about post 2016 Trump on Trump's own Twitter account.

• Agree 1

Regardless of whether or not Trump committed a crime, I think the raid was going to have to happen given his refusal to turn over the documents. I feel like legally he can run again and definitely will run again, but ethically the party would be taking a risk to allow him to be promoted by the party itself. A raid like this likely was caused by hard evidence for it to have been approved, in my opinion.

Edited by Skye

On 8/10/2022 at 2:26 PM, vcczar said:

This one isn’t. It’s connected to a historic national emergency—Jan 6th Insurrection. The investigation has bipartisan support. It’s not Congressional leadership’s fault a GOP incumbent directly or indirectly attempted to prevent a transfer of power. The same thing would have happened if Biden’s goons invaded the capital, threatened to overturn a free and fair election, and made threats at the incumbent VP. I’d approve such an investigation into that. I also approve investigations into Hunter Biden, Clinton’s, etc as I said. In this instance, the investigation is bipartisan and not partisan. 

The raid doesn’t relate to the Capitol riot. And bipartisan support, getting a few Republicans to sign on, means nothing.

This is also the same FBI that used a fake political dossier funded by political opposition as a basis to investigate Trump. They don’t have any credibility.

19 hours ago, jvikings1 said:

The raid doesn’t relate to the Capitol riot. And bipartisan support, getting a few Republicans to sign on, means nothing.

This is also the same FBI that used a fake political dossier funded by political opposition as a basis to investigate Trump. They don’t have any credibility.

They were credible enough when they were investigating Hillary Clinton's emails.

Everybody likes the ref when the opposing team gets a penalty and hates him when their team gets one.  This is no different.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4