The Political Lounge

"We must hang together, or we will surely hang separately" - A one-player rookie test run of the 1772 Campaign

1 hour ago, matthewyoung123 said:

We will now move onto 2.2.3 Faction Leaders Selected.

Please consult the 2.2.3 Rules for faction leaders and post if you want to keep your leader, or change your leader.  If changing, please state who the new leader is.  

Thanks!

@10centjimmy @Willthescout7 @ebrk85 @Largo833 @Cal

Not sure how Huntington was eligible last time for JimmyCon, I think I have to change to soon-to-be Senior General George Washington. 

For JimmyMod, I'll stick with Gov Thomas Mifflin.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 10centjimmy said:

Not sure how Huntington was eligible last time for JimmyCon, I think I have to change to soon-to-be Senior General George Washington. 

For JimmyMod, I'll stick with Gov Thomas Mifflin.

George Washington gains- Harmonious.

Gov Thomas Mifflin gains- +1 Gov.

Please update your faction sheets and change the Faction Leader on the Main sheet.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Yes.  It's like the Congressional rolls earlier.  If you already have the trait, then you already have it.

I agree with the Faction Leader one,  but in 2.2.2 it states that committee members get one random trait applicable to that committee.  The way the playtests have gone, the statesman gets a trait that they otherwise didn't have so their expertise stacks as they are appointed to the same committees (Judicial excluded). So it's random but they don't miss out if they already had the previous one. 

On 9/13/2022 at 7:16 PM, ebrk85 said:

EbrkLeftWing Sam Adams (has leadership) will take on 2nd protégé of Amos Singletary.

EbrkLib has no kingmakers.

Also because I know he's getting settled in I checked @Willthescout7 factions. He doesn't have any new kingmakers or any with leadership that can take on another.

Sorry I missed this one!

Amos Singletary gains +1 Gov, Business, Reformist, Provincial.  Also gains +1 in all future state elections.

Edited by matthewyoung123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Sorry I missed this one!

Amos Singletary gains +1 Gov, Business, Reformist, Leadership.

I don't believe that Leadership is transferrable in Kingmaker-chains. The only trait options for this would be Provincial or Propagandist. 

Additionally, the rules have been changed to where the Kingmaker can only give an ability that the protégé already has, but the Kingmaker has a higher skill in. So here, the only option would be to increase Legislative. 

5 minutes ago, Cal said:

I don't believe that Leadership is transferrable in Kingmaker-chains. The only trait options for this would be Provincial or Propagandist. 

Additionally, the rules have been changed to where the Kingmaker can only give an ability that the protégé already has, but the Kingmaker has a higher skill in. So here, the only option would be to increase Legislative. 

Thanks, Cal.  I used the following- "When the Kingmaker-protégé chain is first formed, a protégé gains 1 random expertise, 1 random interest, 1 random trait, and 1 random ability.  The ability must be in an area where the kingmaker has a higher skill level than the protégé, and where the protégé already has at least a 1 in that skill."

I forgot to adhere to this though "only some traits can be transferred from kingmaker to protege. These traits are:  Debater (if they don’t have incoherent), Efficient (if they don’t have Easily Overwhelmed), Egghead (if they don’t have low brow), Manipulative (if they don’t have predictable), Orator (if they don’t have incoherent), Pliable (if they don’t have puritan), Propagandist, Puritan (if they don’t have pliable), Cosmopolitan (if they don’t have provincial), Provincial (if they don’t have Cosmopolitan), Lackey (if they don’t have Leadership), Predictable (if they don’t have Manipulative), Controversial (if they don’t have integrity), and Southern Unionist (if they are from the Upper South, Deep South or Southwest)."

As such, I will re-roll for Singletary's trait gain.

4 hours ago, matthewyoung123 said:

SO if everyone has posted their faction leaders, let's go ahead and move on.

Next will be Random Events/Retirements/Deaths.  It says to begin in the 1776-78 term, which we are in.

I'll try to get to these later tonight, if not, it'll be in the morning.

There’s a script for it that is pretty helpful, it’ll automatically determine who lives/dies if you give it a spreadsheet of 4 things from the master sheet. You can copy paste it and it gives all the era-specific death reasons. Shoutout to @Lars

11 hours ago, Cal said:

There’s a script for it that is pretty helpful, it’ll automatically determine who lives/dies if you give it a spreadsheet of 4 things from the master sheet. You can copy paste it and it gives all the era-specific death reasons. Shoutout to @Lars

@Cal @Arkansas Progressive How do I run this script??  Or who needs access to the sheets to run it.  God it would make life so much easier! ;-)

Deaths and Retirements...and there are some big ones- @10centjimmy @Largo833 @Cal @ebrk85 @Largo833

Benjamin Franklin from the JimmyMod faction is dead at 70. Cause of death: Malaria

John Bartram from the LargoLeftWing faction is dead at 88. Cause of death: Dysentery

Oliver Wolcott Sr from the LargoLeftWing faction is dead at 50. Cause of death: Malaria

Edward Telfair from the CalBlueCon faction is dead at 41. Cause of death: Plague

John A Treutlen from the EbrkLib faction is dead at 42. Cause of death: Yellow fever

John Hart from the EbrkLib faction is dead at 63. Cause of death: Yellow fever

John Bartram from the LargoLeftWing has retired. Reason: Personal health

Matthew Thornton from the LargoLeftWing has retired. Reason: University president

John Hart from the EbrkLib has retired. Reason: Disillusioned with politics

So, replace the politicians that need to be replaced (including the President of the Continental Congress, RIP Ben).

Edited by matthewyoung123

22 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Deaths and Retirements...and there are some big ones- @10centjimmy @Largo833 @Cal @ebrk85 @Largo833

Benjamin Franklin from the JimmyMod faction is dead at 70. Cause of death: Malaria

John Bartram from the LargoLeftWing faction is dead at 88. Cause of death: Dysentery

Oliver Wolcott Sr from the LargoLeftWing faction is dead at 50. Cause of death: Malaria

Edward Telfair from the CalBlueCon faction is dead at 41. Cause of death: Plague

John A Treutlen from the EbrkLib faction is dead at 42. Cause of death: Yellow fever

Matthew Thornton from the LargoLeftWing has retired. Reason: University president

So, replace the politicians that need to be replaced (including the President of the Continental Congress, RIP Ben).

Whoa he died with Hale?

33 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Pretty sure can't replace CC Delegates so Franklin's PA slot will remain empty, but President will jump to @CalHenry Middleton

• Like 1