AMPU Modern Day Playtest

Rodja

AMPU Modern Day Playtest  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in AMPU Modern

• Yes,and I'd like to playtesy
    • Yes,but I wouldn't like to playtest
    • No
  2. 2. Which start date would you prefer?

• 2000,would be most tedious to make spreadsheet
    • 2024,continue MrPotatoTed playthrough where it stopped with all alternate events
    • I'm not interested
  3. 3. What party would u like ur faction to belong?

4. 4. Would you volunteer to help me with setting up a spreadsheet?

5. 5. Do you fulfill requirements listed below in topic description?

8 minutes ago, ebrk85 said:

Yea honestly I think that is just a formula issue. Lackey shouldn't be that much worse then any of the other bad traits.

Agreed, that’s why I try not to pay too much attention to the PVs. One of my guys in the 1948 playtest has like a -20 but keeps winning re-election to the House. 

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, jnewt said:

Whoever the worst is must have Lackey, that hurts PV more than anything else. I have one pol who is a LW Pop with a -47, but the only bad trait she has is Lackey (aside from Obscure, obviously). 

Yeah, I’d love to personalize the formula for my own personal preferences but I don’t want to mess it up for everyone else.  I agree lackey is hit WAY too hard for no particular reason.  There’s way worse traits.

@Murrman104 @jnewt @MrPotatoTed @pman @WVProgressive @ShortKing

2.1.4 Relocate Politicians

If a politician is marked for having an Alternate State available, the player can move them to that state at this time. Additionally, if any historical state or territory is underpopulated (less than 20 politicians in the state), any politician from an overpopulated state (more then 40 pols) may attempt to relocate to it at this time. CA, NY and PA are overpopulated at this time.

2.1.5 Ideology Shifts

Each faction can shift the ideology of up to three politicians, unless the faction leader has the following traits:

• If the faction leader has “iron fist” then they can flip two more politicians. 

• If they have “propagandist”, then they can flip one more politician. 

• If they have “manipulative,” then they can flip one more politician. 

• If they are the currently party leader, then they can flip two more politicians. 

If they have multiple of the above, then add them together, with a grand total possibility of 9 ideology shift attempts.

16 hours ago, jnewt said:

Elliott Spitzer will attempt to relocate to Nevada Succeeds

(Wyden has Iron Fist and Propagandaist)

Sherrod Brown Lib>Mod Fails gains pliable

Terri Sewell Mod>Cons Fails gains flip-flopper

Merrick Garland Lib>Prog Fails gains flip-flopper

Jay Inslee Prog>Lib Fails gains pliable

Sonia Sotomayor Prog>LW Pop Fails gains flip-flopper

Eugene Noriega Trad>RW Pop Fails

Most of these people had integrity so only 10% chance of success. That is why so many fails.

Also I had to boot Eugene Noriega from the Judicial track as I just realized he doesn't have Judicial ability. I rolled and he failed to join the track.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, pman said:

Vito Fossella- NY to WV Fails

Elise Stefanik- NY to South Carolina Fails

Christopher Nixon Cox NY to Utah Fails

11 hours ago, Murrman104 said:

Relocations

Sara Monroney D.C to alt state SD Auto success
Joanna Andrade UT to alt state MN Auto success

Ideology Shift

Aaron Smith Con-Mod Fails
Romulus Allison Prog-LW Pop Fails gains Pliable
John Fetterman Prog-LW Pop Succeeds gains flip-flopper

Aaron Smith doesn't have Mil but he did roll to successfully join the Military track.

And I obviously need to check everyone's tracks now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Murrman104 said:

apologies I should have specified that when submitting. Ill do that for the next draft

Yea thanks. I shouldn't have assumed but no one had done it yet it our previous drafts so I didn't check. Good thing you guys also decided to try and shift them or I would have never noticed lol

Hi, I’d like to make a quick statement to @MrPotatoTed

I am beyond offended at your lack of placing me on a career track. Rude! I am now very sad. 😞 

However, I’ll be happy again if you appoint my 1 justice 25-year old statesman to the Supreme Court. Example of how I would be in this hypothetical scenario: 🙂 

Ball is in your court!

• Haha 2

Just now, Cal said:

I am beyond offended at your lack of placing me on a career track. Rude! I am now very sad. 😞 

However, I’ll be happy again if you appoint my 1 justice 25-year old statesman to the Supreme Court. Example of how I would be in this hypothetical scenario: 🙂 

Ball is in your court!

Well I have the actual power to appoint you to the SC. If you could figure out a way for us to fix the domestic stability crisis while moving party preference to +3 red and mods to +3 red- I'll appoint your 1 justice to the SC, haha.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cal said:

Ball is in your court!

Haha, sorry! If I remember right, the person I put on that track came in as a level 2 justice fresh out of the draft.  Should have studied harder in law school! ;c)

• Haha 2

2.1.6 Politician Conversions

Check for a disgruntled ideology: Any party that has ideological enthusiasm at the lowest level on the ideological enthusiasm meter might see a mass exodus of politicians going to the other party.

Newly drafted @WVProgressive Military Track Ashlee Sanchez a Progressive wonders how the hell did I end up with Traditionalists and jumps to @Murrman104 faction.

Targeting Opposing Party Members

Blue team doesn't have a party leader currently.

@pman President Haley can make one attempt. You can target Murrman or Hestia's factions.

Only Party Leaders can attempt to convert someone from another party, so long as their target is marked for “Party Flipping.” Can convert opposing politicians with “pliable” at a 10% chance and those with a personal ideology of moderate with a 5% chance.

Targeting Same-Party Members of Another Faction

Most factions don't have faction leader currently.

@pman President Nikki Haley- all factions have high or max enthusiasm and can't be targeted

@MrPotatoTed Sen Cory Booker- one attempt at 33% chance (Can only target Hestia)

@jnewt Rep Ron Wyden- one attempt at 10% chance (Can only target Hestia)

May target same-party members of other factions, so long as their target is marked “pliable” AND has the same personal ideology as the faction leader making the conversion attempt.

2.1.7 Kingmakers & Proteges

@WVProgressive @ShortKing @pman @Murrman104 @MrPotatoTed @jnewt

A faction may not have more than one active kingmaker from the same state.  An active Kingmaker must be at least 35 years old and not on a career track.  There are no age limitations for protégé. An active Kingmaker gets one protégé from their own faction who must also be from their own state and own personal ideology. Some Kingmakers may have multiple proteges, but they cannot pick up more than one protégé per half-term.

• Like 1