AMPU Modern Day Playtest

Rodja

AMPU Modern Day Playtest  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in AMPU Modern

• Yes,and I'd like to playtesy
    • Yes,but I wouldn't like to playtest
    • No
  2. 2. Which start date would you prefer?

• 2000,would be most tedious to make spreadsheet
    • 2024,continue MrPotatoTed playthrough where it stopped with all alternate events
    • I'm not interested
  3. 3. What party would u like ur faction to belong?

4. 4. Would you volunteer to help me with setting up a spreadsheet?

5. 5. Do you fulfill requirements listed below in topic description?

16 minutes ago, Murrman104 said:

ahh the options between joining the republicans at a level of power they havnt had since reconstruction or the flaming wreck of what use to be the Democrats decisions decisions 

The new era looks favorable to the blue team- at least at a presidential level plus you stayed loyal to the blue team 

Edited by pman

On 2/3/2023 at 5:14 PM, ebrk85 said:

@Murrman104 @jnewt @WVProgressive @ShortKing @pman

The changing of eras provides the opportunity for players to switch or trade factions. If anyone would like to change up which faction they have now is the time to let me know!  I am sure @pman is to looking to switch out since Haley just became President 😛

We also have quite a few openings so if anyone out there wants to be considered in joining the playtest, reach out to me.

@Murrman104 thank you for the help offer. I don't know how easy or hard it is to change eras as this will be my first but I will let you all know if I need help with something. My goal is to proceed by the end of the weekend.

One area that I know is going to be time consuming I think is setting up the draft.  Generating 100+ new pols is much more tedious then importing a class of historical figures from a doc.

Erik I would love to help you out here but already doing 3 playtests and feel overwhelmed.  If the other 2012 does die maybe will come 

4 minutes ago, pman said:

If we still need someone- the red team would love to add @Willthescout7 . Then he could draft himself and turn himself into a faction leader. Could be fun.

I think @themiddlepolitical was also looking to join a playtest last I heard, if @ebrk85 feels there is a need for each side to have four players.

• Agree 2

Welcome to the Era of the Near Future 2024-2048!

2.1.1 Politician Draft 

@Murrman104 @jnewt @MrPotatoTed @WVProgressive @ShortKing @pman

This rookie draft will be a bit different now that we are heading into the future.  For one there are no longer any draft restrictions. You can draft anyone from RW Pop to LW Pop and everything in between.  You can start to form your faction in whichever way you want to evolve it.

Since our last few drafts were a bit lacking in the number of pols this one does have more. Besides the standard generated pols I added in the donors with a 2024 draft year and also a few pols now older then 25 that were missing from previous drafts.

You can find your respective teams drafts under the "Red Draft" or "Blue Draft" tab. No attempting to draft from the other team this time around please. It is too complicated to run the draft on the spreadsheets that way and now that it is basically all generated pols anyway it just isn't worth the hassle.

PM me your draft strategy. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pman said:

Yeah I thought there were star admin in some earlier drafts

There were but for the generated draft we got 1 "Blue Chip" person on the blue side (which is the 3 Jud Murrman mentioned) and I think 1 "Blue Chip" on the red side that i don't remember what they got except that they were from AK.

• Like 1

Blue Draft

Blue draft is complete. You can find your new rookies at the bottom of your faction tab.

@jnewt @Murrman104 @MrPotatoTed

You may select your career track now. Also let me know if you want to remove anyone from the 4 or 8 yr tracks.

@MrPotatoTed Joshua Heseltine gains Orator

@Murrman104 George Gerry (PA) gains Alt State MT (in addition to ND)

@Murrman104 Sara Moroney (DC) gains Alt State SD

@Murrman104 Benedict Philips (ID) gains Alt State TX (in addition to AR)

Edited by ebrk85
  • Like 1

CAREER TRACK ENTRIES

Backroom Politics:  William Barrichello, the Black, Muslim, Californian Democrat Traditionalist ;c)

Judicial: Michelle Ortega, the foreign-born, non-religious Wyoming liberal farmer incapable of independent thought.  ;c)

Legislative: Cassandra Levesque, the Hispanic liberal social worker from New Hampshire.

Governing: John McNutt, the openly gay, Conservative, Right-Wing Activist Democrat teflon slumlord from Ohio. 

Military:  Joy Schaeffer, the moderate soldier from Ohio with fluid party affiliations.

Private: Ruben Dodge, the controversial heir to the Dodge family, founders of Dodge Corporation.  He's a Catholic Native-American in Hawaii.  He's as pro-America as anyone can be, and thinks the whole world should become American as well.  Oh -- did I mention he has Presidential aspirations?