The Political Lounge

Era of Ideologies: Playtest from 1928

10centjimmy

37 minutes ago, 10centjimmy said:

Thank you!

I'll go in and plug chair gains and member experience gains shortly.

Action for @ShortKing @ebrk85 @matthewyoung123 and @lm1145, please include the relevant committee (and if your pol is chair, state "House ** chair") in columns EA and EB under your faction tab. If your pol is not chair, leave EB blank.

Probably will be tomorrow afternoon before I update all of my committee members in my tab, but I'll get it done boss!

Edited by lm1145
  • Based 1

1 minute ago, matthewyoung123 said:

They only go on if there is a need for them (like the minority will have a majority in the committee if they aren't).  Right...

oh wild I did not know that was a rule. So Senate Majority officers can go on committees if need be, but Senate Minority officers never can?

2 minutes ago, ShortKing said:

oh wild I did not know that was a rule. So Senate Majority officers can go on committees if need be, but Senate Minority officers never can?

This came up in the 1840 playtest where there was a 1 seat advantage for the majority.  So, usually the leadership isn't on a committee, but since we only had a 1 seat advantage, we had to put the Leader in a committee so the minority and majority didn't have the same number of seats on the committee...

7 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

This came up in the 1840 playtest where there was a 1 seat advantage for the majority.  So, usually the leadership isn't on a committee, but since we only had a 1 seat advantage, we had to put the Leader in a committee so the minority and majority didn't have the same number of seats on the committee...

Is it an actual rule, or a homebrew thing that was used in the 1840?  (I ask sincerely, as I'm at work right now and can't look up the rules)

2 hours ago, matthewyoung123 said:

I don't know, but it needs to be in the rules if it's not or else there will be at least 1 committee that the majority doesn't have...well...the majority.

I'm not sure how you don't have the majority.  All of our committees only have 9 members, while yours have 13-14.

Senate Gains posted! Thank you for your patience. @ShortKing @lm1145 @Umbrella @MrPotatoTed @ebrk85 @jnewt @Largo833 Please take time to confirm that house and senate committee experience is listed!  (I'm also tagging myself for RedRW and BlueRight, to be fair)

Now for some fun.

2.2.3 Faction Leaders Selected

@matthewyoung123 Herbert Hoover is your Faction Leader, and the Republican Party (Red) leader (I'll run the Party leader shifts/gains after the Blues select theirs). 

For selection as Faction Leader, Hoover gains expansionist. 

But for all other Red factions and Blue Factions -> @ShortKing @ebrk85 @lm1145 @MrPotatoTed @jnewt @Largo833 @Umbrella, please see rules below: 

• The faction leader must have an Ideology, and either an Interest or Lobby that matches the cards of the faction, since he or she is expected to represent that faction.

• Faction leader must have “Leadership”

• cannot be on the “career track.”

• cannot have “incompetent”

• cannot have the trait “lackey”

• cannot have the “obscure” trait.  

• A non-president, non-incumbent party leader with “passive” has a 25% chance of declining the role, unless they are the only option.

• If no statesmen meet these requirements, then omit the “leadership” and “lackey” requirements.. If they still can’t meet the requirement, omit the interest/lobby requirement.  If they still can’t, void the “career track” and “obscure” trait requirements and settle exclusively for having the right ideology.  If a career track politician ends up as faction leader, they immediately resign from the career track and receive any benefits they’ve earned from the years they served (rounded down)

For Blue Team, please let me know if your faction leader will stand for the Party Leader process!

BlueRight selects James F Byrnes of South Carolina as highest PV with Leadership and the Conservative Ideology (loses obscure, gains Economics (Wall Street card), 1 command, 1 gov, debater) BlueRight will automatically support Mr. Byrnes for Democratic Party leader.

RedRW selects Senator Arthur Vandenberg of Michigan as highest PV with leadership and Conservative ideology (loses obscure, gains manipulative)

• Like 1