The Political Lounge

CE2's 1808 announcement thread

1 minute ago, Mishfox said:

John Quincy Adams supports DeWitt Clinton. 

“Look, he’s still a FINO but he’s more federalist than the other radical conservatives. At least with Clinton we can get a federalist agenda if he wins, unlike Randolph who will plunge our country into another 4 years of far right governing. We Federalists need to be strategic in this primary, which means we must use our votes to ensure DeWitt Clinton wins no matter what. This way we win no matter who is president.”

President Jefferson expects Dewitt to denounce this ludicrous endorsement from a lunatic, mentally ill, insane, bickering, and puny excuse of a man being known as John Quincy Adams. 

9 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Dewitt Clinton reminds those that Thomas Jefferson endorsed him

"I am offering positions, I am offering unity, I am offering leadership. Let us go into the general election strong and united, you shall be welcome in my cabinet with your support."

@WVProgressive @Sean F Kennedy @Rezi

Lafayette will support DeWitt Clinton in the primary, claiming that he was the only candidate to pledge to bring federalists into his administration. Lafayette also brings up the long history DeWitt had as a federalist, and his moderate federalist governing principles.

2 minutes ago, Rezi said:

George Jones offers Clinton his support in exchange for creating a new cabinet seat, the secretary of agriculture, and naming Jones to be the first secretary.

Clinton agrees.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zenobiyl said:

Lafayette will support DeWitt Clinton in the primary, claiming that he was the only candidate to pledge to bring federalists into his administration. Lafayette also brings up the long history DeWitt had as a federalist, and his moderate federalist governing principles.

Clinton will offer Lafayette the position of Secretary of State (1 more spot for a fed. open, 2/6 total spots are filled)

John Adams will also throw his support behind DeWitt, declaring that he is the candidate to unite the nation and bring America forward. He will also prod for a possible spot as Secretary of the Treasury. @themiddlepolitical

Edited by The Blood

1 minute ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Clinton will offer Lafayette the position of Secretary of State (1 more spot for a fed. open, 2/6 total spots are filled)

Lafayette thanks Clinton for the offered position.

4 minutes ago, The Blood said:

John Adams will also throw his support behind DeWitt, declaring that he is the candidate to unite the nation and bring America forward. He will also prod for a possible spot as Secretary of the Treasury. @themiddlepolitical

Sen. Clinton accepts (All 3 fed. positions and offers are filled for the cabinet, there might be more if I'm miscounting the total)

Sen. Clinton on the unity he has behind him

"This is what politics should be, we are heading towards a war and we need to be as united as possible. This isn't about politics anymore, it is about working as brothers arm in arm, about preserving the Union" 

@The Blood @Rezi @Zenobiyl

21 minutes ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Dewitt Clinton reminds those that Thomas Jefferson endorsed him

"I am offering positions, I am offering unity, I am offering leadership. Let us go into the general election strong and united, you shall be welcome in my cabinet with your support."

@WVProgressive @Sean F Kennedy @Rezi

Smith accepts Clinton’s offer in exchange for being Secretary of Defense 

Edited by Sean F Kennedy

21 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Are we Charles Pinckney, Randolph of Roanoke, or what? 😛 

Dobs was gonna be my Supreme Court buddy. 😞 

Well, at this point I'm just trying to run candidates that I think would be interesting, and are at least semi-realistic. I don't have a hard, and set character, but I will respect other peoples characters of course. I don't view this RP in the same way I view @Dobs rp, so I thought that more fluid character switching would be alright.

Lafayette will announce his intention to run again in the Federalist primary as a moderate candidate. He focuses on a message of unity over partisan rancor, and pledges to continue the tradition started by George Washington of putting country first.

Just now, Sean F Kennedy said:

Smith accepts Clinton’s offer in exchange for being Secretary of State.

With Lafayette informing Clinton that he will not be taking the position, Clinton accepts

• Thanks 1

Seems like we are pretty set for the election 😉 @ConservativeElector2

(The D/R primary)

Edited by themiddlepolitical

2 hours ago, themiddlepolitical said:

Seems like we are pretty set for the election 😉 @ConservativeElector2

(The D/R primary)

Governor William Henry Harrison has entered the chat!

It is time that we returned this country to it's true pioneer ideals, as established by our greatest President, Daniel Boone.  As a frontiersman, soldier, Representative, Governor, and above all an actual member of the party unlike the fox in hen's clothing Clinton who is throwing the country away to Federalists, WHH declares for the Democrat-Republican nomination!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Governor William Henry Harrison has entered the chat!

It is time that we returned this country to it's true pioneer ideals, as established by our greatest President, Daniel Boone.  As a frontiersman, soldier, Representative, Governor, and above all an actual member of the party unlike the fox in hen's clothing Clinton who is throwing the country away to Federalists, WHH declares for the Democrat-Republican nomination!

President Jefferson denounces Harrison's candidacy among the rank and file, and by calling Daniel Boone the greatest President... surely seems disingenuous and disregarding of our first President and hero of the Revolutionary War; George Washington. 

But in reality, we all know Thomas Jefferson has trumped all of you. ❤️ 🙂 

*3 SC picks, Justice Andrew Jackson, and everything Jefferson did during his Presidency... can't get much better.*

Timothy Pickering calls for solidarity with Britain while denouncing France.

Edited by Timur

Can't wait to see Mishfox running as Pete McCloskey in 1972.

• Haha 2