Final Democratic Runoff

WVProgressive

Democratic Runoff  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Be The Democratic Nominee for President in 2024

• The Blood - Semi-Eccentric Progressive Lib
    • OrangeP47 - Technocratic Progressive

Ed replies to Prongle

The Supreme Court could have allowed the entire state of Florida to recount, but it decided in a totally biased way to stop the recount. The majority of the Supreme Court regrets this decision today, and it has contributed to dividing our Supreme Court and our country.

What you're saying is absolutely wrong. The Supreme Court's decision was accepted, but it was a wrong decision which had to be accepted. Did Bush win or lose? We will never know because the Florida recount has been interrupted. I invite you to reread the opinion of a Republican-appointed judge:

quote-one-thing-however-is-certain-altho

If you want a court full of judges appointed by the Democrats to be able to stop the recount of a close state in the future if it plays out a presidential election, good for you, you accept that risk.

Edited by Edouard

28 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@OrangeP47 Should be winning in a landslide. 

AMPU Immigrants out, this a 270soft-veteran-land, let 270soft-veterans rule!!!

29 minutes ago, vcczar said:

@WVProgressive some non-Democrats are voting.

I see them, they’re votes will go uncounted, meaning Blood is winning by 6-3 instead of just 6-4

• Like 2
  • Based 1

15 hours ago, The Blood said:

Blood Announces Platform “Revisions,” in the Interests of a “United Party and Electable Positions” 

In a surprise twist for the Democratic primary race, The Blood announced that her campaign would be revising key planks in its policy platform, seeking to “unite our party and ensure that my campaign appeals to the silent majority of Americans, those yearning for reasonable progressive change.” The platform revisions are as follows: 

Supreme Court: We must reform our increasingly polarized Supreme Court which is dividing America and is increasingly dominated by partisan interests. My administration would form a nonpartisan commission advising me on nominations, putting forward candidates on the basis of merit, not politics, and I would pursue constitutional reforms enshrining this commission, then appointed by the Senate judiciary committee, and raising the bar for confirmation to 66.  

Police Reform: I support firm reforms to ensure police accountability and service to communities. However, my administration would respect the need for well-funded law enforcement and would no longer pursue defund the police as policy.  

Election Reform: In addition to my previous views, I would like to add a strong commitment to ending gerrymandering, passing a nationwide ban which assigns redistricting authority to nonpartisan committees in all 50 states.  

Immigration: I maintain my previous stance, though as part of streamlining the legal immigration process, we must account for the cultural values of prospective immigrants, and whether they understand and adhere to liberal democratic principles, reserving the right to refuse citizenship and legal entry to fundamentalists and extremists unpalatable to American society.

Blockmon and DSA will endorse The Blood but prefers for more progressive measures to be adopted.

I and DSA would prefer a more progressive agenda than the one proposed, I do request for the change for a wealth tax and pro-labor laws.

When discounting invalid votes by non-Democrats(1) @The Blood is winning the Democratic runoff by a margin of eight votes to four votes over @OrangeP47. All Democratic voters who participated in the first runoff election have already voted, and even if we go back to the initial primary vote we find that there are only two voters are outstanding(2). Even if every single one of those Democrats voted for Orange, he still would not have enough votes to win the nomination. 

With that, I am comfortable saying that the race is over. Congratulations to @The Blood and @ShortKing for winning the Democratic, and Republican nomination for President respectively. If the candidates wish, they can deliver a few concise remarks on their nomination. Additionally they, along with @Cenzonico and @Fbarbarossamay now name their Vice-Presidential nominees. Additionally if anyone not mentioned in the previous paragraph wishes to run as a third party nominee, please quote this post to tell me your party identification, VP nominee, and any alterations to your platform.

(1.) As determined both by my knowledge of the voters, and how they voted in previous primaries

(2.) Mr. PotatoTed, and JNewt

13 minutes ago, WVProgressive said:

When discounting invalid votes by non-Democrats(1) @The Blood is winning the Democratic runoff by a margin of eight votes to four votes over @OrangeP47. All Democratic voters who participated in the first runoff election have already voted, and even if we go back to the initial primary vote we find that there are only two voters are outstanding(2). Even if every single one of those Democrats voted for Orange, he still would not have enough votes to win the nomination. 

With that, I am comfortable saying that the race is over. Congratulations to @The Blood and @ShortKing for winning the Democratic, and Republican nomination for President respectively. If the candidates wish, they can deliver a few concise remarks on their nomination. Additionally they, along with @Cenzonico and @Fbarbarossamay now name their Vice-Presidential nominees. Additionally if anyone not mentioned in the previous paragraph wishes to run as a third party nominee, please quote this post to tell me your party identification, VP nominee, and any alterations to your platform.

(1.) As determined both by my knowledge of the voters, and how they voted in previous primaries

(2.) Mr. PotatoTed, and JNewt

Me, Independent, @WVProgressive (if willing), no alterations. 

• Sad 1

Just now, DakotaHale said:

My brother in Christ I'm literally staging a coup if I lose either way

It’d be better than what most of this forum votes for anyways tbh. Go off King.

1 minute ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

I might be blind (In my defence it's getting late over hear) but who was the second invalid vote?

It was you.

8 minutes ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

I selected the "I voted in the other primary" option in both primaries, sorry if that caused any confusion even if it didn't matter.

Breaking: BALLOTS FOR ORANGEP47 THROWN OUT BY CORRUPT DNC OFFICIALS, LOCAL CAT CALLS CONVENTION "Rigged"

This makes the Administrators of the forum the Supreme Court I guess. @DakotaHale and @vcczar are already actively interfering in the election vocally. Rezi as well, Hestia is hush for now. 

19 minutes ago, Imperator Taco Cat said:

I selected the "I voted in the other primary" option in both primaries, sorry if that caused any confusion even if it didn't matter.

Breaking: BALLOTS FOR ORANGEP47 THROWN OUT BY CORRUPT DNC OFFICIALS, LOCAL CAT CALLS CONVENTION "Rigged"

What goes around comes around

I am both honored and humbled to be chosen as the Republican nominee. It is no secret that we may be facing long odds in the general election but the probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just. For that reason, I can think of no better running mate than a person committed to the same values and principles that embody the best parts of the great American experiment and that person is @Pringles.

We intend to win this election but the highest object of this campaign will be to stand firm in the virtues that built up this great country. 

• Based 1

9 hours ago, The Blood said:

Blood Remarks to Press After Apparent Primary Triumph, Promises "Capable" Running Mate

"Democrats across this country have come together and delivered a historical decision today. I will not fail them as our nominee, and it is time for a political reformation in this country, restoring our ossified institutions and repairing the American Dream for all to pursue. To my opponents, namely Orange, I wish the best, and I would like to thank my committed supporters in this primary, wherever they fall on the political spectrum, from Ed to Blockmon. In the next day, I intend to announce a capable running mate who will serve this country wonderfully as Vice President. Now, it's time to get back to fighting for this country and winning this election. Thank you." 

71HJhpXBIWL._AC_SL1001_1024x1024.jpg.7321ec4389bba27e7cf06e0e6564acba.jpg

Thanks for not including me in this

I vow to return politics to the sphere of the Kennedys and the Roosevelts with the new NATIONAL-PROGRESSIVE PARTY. A bipartisan party that will work across both aisles. The party of Roosevelt Republicans, and Kennedy Democrats.

Public healthcare

Civil rights

Civil liberties

Big Stick diplomacy

Protecting private labor

Balanced budget

Energy independence

Protect the environment

End the bureaucracy

Heal the division

• Haha 1