The Political Lounge

Final Democratic Runoff

WVProgressive

Democratic Runoff  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Be The Democratic Nominee for President in 2024

• The Blood - Semi-Eccentric Progressive Lib
    • OrangeP47 - Technocratic Progressive

The Democrats could have secured civil rights into the Constitution with any of the several majorities they've had in the past century. The Republicans claim to want to balance the budget, but add more to the deficit than the Dems and give the biggest handouts to corporations.

27 minutes ago, DakotaHale said:

I vow to return politics to the sphere of the Kennedys and the Roosevelts with the new NATIONAL-PROGRESSIVE PARTY. A bipartisan party that will work across both aisles. The party of Roosevelt Republicans, and Kennedy Democrats.

Public healthcare

Civil rights

Civil liberties

Big Stick diplomacy

Protecting private labor

Balanced budget

Energy independence

Protect the environment

End the bureaucracy

Heal the division

11 hours ago, WVProgressive said:

When discounting invalid votes by non-Democrats(1) @The Blood is winning the Democratic runoff by a margin of eight votes to four votes over @OrangeP47. All Democratic voters who participated in the first runoff election have already voted, and even if we go back to the initial primary vote we find that there are only two voters are outstanding(2). Even if every single one of those Democrats voted for Orange, he still would not have enough votes to win the nomination. 

With that, I am comfortable saying that the race is over. Congratulations to @The Blood and @ShortKing for winning the Democratic, and Republican nomination for President respectively. If the candidates wish, they can deliver a few concise remarks on their nomination. Additionally they, along with @Cenzonico and @Fbarbarossamay now name their Vice-Presidential nominees. Additionally if anyone not mentioned in the previous paragraph wishes to run as a third party nominee, please quote this post to tell me your party identification, VP nominee, and any alterations to your platform.

(1.) As determined both by my knowledge of the voters, and how they voted in previous primaries

(2.) Mr. PotatoTed, and JNewt

DSA and Leftist Coalition will not enter any third-party candidates and disavow any that proclaim progressive change.

For The Blood and Democratic Party, For Change!!

Blood Announces Running Mate, Taps @WVProgressive for VP 

"This morning, after a long and intense selection process, my campaign has chosen the most qualified, brilliant, and upstanding candidate for Vice President. WVProgressive is a patriotic American, who has stood by her country and her values time and time again. She is the candidate with the most integrity and wit, with a life story exemplifying how, even in the midst of great struggle, Americans may persevere as industrious, dutiful citizens. I am proud to announce that she will be on the Democratic ticket as my running mate, and that she will be the next Vice President of the United States! Thank you."

TheBlood(1).png.91dd931b1b2ee39bf2d7f4f2bc39340e.png

• Like 1

@vcczar @Blockmon @Edouard @OrangeP47 And to any other potentially concerned Democrats. 

Prongle Lambasts Blood's Selection for Running Mate

"What a sad day when we see the Democratic Party, the supposed party of normalcy in this country legitimizing those who support Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Time and time again we have seen quiet approval for Robert F Kennedy Jr. from WV'Progressive.' Any member of the forum expressing support for this kind of behavior goes back on the principles of their party. If you require any proof of this accusation, this is only one of them. If the Democratic Party wishes to become the party of anti-semitism, anti-Ukrainian aid, anti-vaccination, and pro-grifting. This ain't a bad start."

image.png.b8fd1b8073bcf34ba11e89df2ccfb1b3.png

IMG_1190.png

I can not, in good conscience, support a Democratic ticket that gives way to authoritarian values like they're cookies out of the cookie jar. Something must be gone to give disaffected Democrats somewhere to go! More to come, folks.

24 minutes ago, Pringles said:

@vcczar @Blockmon @Edouard @OrangeP47 And to any other potentially concerned Democrats. 

I hope all of the Democrats pinged here recognize the self-interested, serpentine nature of the GOP nominee for Vice President attempting to incite intra-party conflict. I stand by my running mate, and I implore all Democrats to recognize that upon my ascension to office, I run the most progressive administration in recent history, whereas Mr. Pringles is on a ticket advocating the antithesis of the Democratic Party's values. Do not buy into their deceptions and schemes.

Edited by The Blood
  • Like 1
  • Based 1

3 minutes ago, The Blood said:

I hope all of the Democrats pinged here recognize the self-interested, serpentine nature of the GOP nominee for Vice President attempting to incite intra-party conflict. I stand by my running mate, and I implore all Democrats to recognize that upon my ascension to office, I run the most progressive administration in recent history, whereas Mr. Pringles is on a ticket advocating the antithesis of the Democratic Party's values. Do not believe their deceptions and schemes.

A disappointing answer if I were a Democrat. It is not a matter of belief that your poor choice in a running mate is damning, it is a matter of fact. 

4 minutes ago, Pringles said:

It is not a matter of belief that your poor choice in a running mate is damning, it is a matter of fact. 

Why yes, my choice of running mate is damning. Damning for the GOP in its inability to find a running mate anywhere approaching the quality of WVP, exhibited in the final decision on you as their pick.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Blood said:

Why yes, my choice of running mate is damning. Damning for the GOP in its inability to find a running mate anywhere approaching the quality of WVP, exhibited in the final decision on you as their pick.

Ah so you do admit the qualities of being anti-vax, flirting with anti-semitism…. Etc. are what you were looking for in determining a running mate. Good to know. 

1 minute ago, Pringles said:

Ah so you do admit the qualities of being anti-vax, flirting with anti-semitism…. Etc. are what you were looking for in determining a running mate. Good to know. 

The very antisemitic behavior of... being friends with, and agree to be the Vice-President of, a Jewish woman

• Like 1

@Edouard remains loyal to his party ticket BUT calls to a moderate coalition for forum Congress.

Edouard : As a democrat I remain faithfull to my party ticket as long as the program is done as promised, however I hope that a majority emerges in Congress, which would be ready to push our government to reduce public deficits.

I say, let's invest in education and healthcare yes, but not by simply borrowing to foreign and national investors, the future of our children is in the balance. I am not someone who will give a debt to my children while I will enjoy retirement.

6 minutes ago, Edouard said:

@Edouard remains loyal to his party ticket BUT calls to a moderate coalition for forum Congress.

Edouard : As a democrat I remain faithfull to my party ticket as long as the program is done as promised, however I hope that a majority emerges in Congress, which would be ready to push our government to reduce public deficits.

I say, let's invest in education and healthcare yes, but not by simply borrowing to foreign and national investors, the future of our children is in the balance. I am not someone who will give a debt to my children while I will enjoy retirement.

Another disappointing moment from the so called “moderate.” Condoning reprehensible policies. There will be more revelations brought forward on WVP at a later date.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Another disappointing moment from the so called “moderate.” Condoning reprehensible policies. There will be more revelations brought forward on WVP at a later date.

We are going to lose aren’t we?

IMG_1729.jpeg

• Based 1

Whispers fill the convention hall.

The Whig's are back and they have their best chance in years.

Their candidate has been decided but who will be the Vice Presidential pick?

Rumblings fill the party.

Robert F Kennedy Jr? No, not after his killing spree.

Cornel West? Not after his accident involving the fusion power project. 

Then the news hit, envoys had been sent far and wide to try and locate the Civilization forums, to bring in the fabled Patine, however the envoys returned with their throats slit and a P carved into their foreheads.

A silence hit the crowd as FBarbarossa stepped onto the stage, followed by his new running mate.

A banner unfurled behind them.

Barb-Rezi-2024.jpg.2ed6c7f3aa20ce4d1563fc8217f97e12.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Based 2

40 minutes ago, Pringles said:

There will be more revelations brought forward on WVP at a later date.

Whatever you believe you have, our ticket has nothing to hide and nothing to fear. You can hit us with your best shot, but we'll hit right back.

• Based 1

People! It's high time that we bring down the duopoly and show America that the Libertarian Party is a force to be reckoned with! 

Cen-Rezi-2024.jpg.19f63e511dd465525f8265f2c3c5c399.jpg

For too long our party has beset itself with inner struggles and party rancour, if we are to show we are serious we must bridge the gap and unite our party. A lot of us forget that our brothers on the left are with us too, even if our views on capital are far apart. How can we bring true liberty to America if we don't have a united front? It's because of this that I am proud to announce my second in command and future vice president, Rezi!

We got a long road ahead of us people, America has it's ills and we shall be its tonic! 

Vote Gold this year, and see how a true party of principle governs.

• Based 2

3 hours ago, Blockmon said:

DSA and Leftist Coalition will not enter any third-party candidates and disavow any that proclaim progressive change.

For The Blood and Democratic Party, For Change!!

Average "progressive" selling their soul by endorsing a mainstream liberal candidate every election moment

2 hours ago, The Blood said:

Blood Announces Running Mate, Taps @WVProgressive for VP 

"This morning, after a long and intense selection process, my campaign has chosen the most qualified, brilliant, and upstanding candidate for Vice President. WVProgressive is a patriotic American, who has stood by her country and her values time and time again. She is the candidate with the most integrity and wit, with a life story exemplifying how, even in the midst of great struggle, Americans may persevere as industrious, dutiful citizens. I am proud to announce that she will be on the Democratic ticket as my running mate, and that she will be the next Vice President of the United States! Thank you."

TheBlood(1).png.91dd931b1b2ee39bf2d7f4f2bc39340e.png

WVP Remarks on Her Nomination for Vice-President

"My fellow Americans, I am honored to accept your Vice-Presidential nomination! A lot of politicians talk about the working, but I know the working class. I was born into poverty, and worked my way up to where I am now. My upbringing was hard, but it instilled in me the values of hard work, faith community, duty, and love of country. These are the values of the working class, and the values which govern my life both personally, and politically. I am honored to be given a chance to bring these values of the common man to bear on the national stage.

I know how important welfare is, without it I, and many people I know simply would not have survived. But I also know that our welfare system is broken. Far too often, desperately needed assistance is locked away behind endless means testing, and our impoverished citizens are forced to jump through humiliating hoops before they’re given even a penny in help. That is why Blood, and I are proposing the biggest anti-poverty program since the Great Society with Universal Basic Income to eliminate bureaucracy, and lift millions out of poverty, as well a Public Option to provide healthcare to the millions of uninsured Americans. Beyond that, we will be the most pro-working class administration in history, siding always with our unions and our workers.

There has been a lot of fuss raised about me, that I’m an authoritarian. These accusations have made by people with a warped view of freedom, where the measure of liberty is how much they can intoxicate themselves. We in the Democratic party realize that the foundational freedom, upon which every civilized society is founded, is the Freedom From Fear. We believe in a society where families can raise their children unrestrained by fears of crime, or poverty, where the sick can get medical aid unrestrained by fear of medical bankruptcy, where transgender Americans can live as their true selves without fear of discrimination in housing, employment, or healthcare. That’s real freedom, it’s the kind of freedom the Democratic party has been fighting for ever since Franklin Delano Roosevelt led our party, and it’s the kind of freedom Blood, and I will fight for as President, and Vice-President. God bless you, and God bless America!"

hope_this_works.jpg.91f5daf589856b9bd809272faa1753fd.jpg

Edited by WVProgressive
Fixed the image
  • Like 2
  • Disagree 1

Just now, vcczar said:

I have to accept any Dem ticket to prevent a GOP president. I just hope the VP has no real role in the admin. Definitely a huge disappointment. My support for @The Blood is now at the barest minimum. I’ll praise @OrangeP47 as having been the best candidate by far. 

And this has nothing personally against @WVProgressive