The Political Lounge

Welcome To The Future! A Hands-Off All-CPU Playthrough 2022 - 2072

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer MD-05 January 3, 2019
Party deputy since January 3, 2003
House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn SC-06 January 3, 2019
Assistant Speaker of the House Katherine Clark MA-05 January 3, 2021
Chair, House Democratic Caucus Hakeem Jeffries NY-08 January 3, 2019
Vice Chair, House Democratic Caucus Pete Aguilar CA-31 January 3, 2021
Chair, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Sean Patrick Maloney NY-18 January 3, 2021
Co-Chairs, House Democratic Policy and Communications Committee Matt Cartwright PA-08 January 3, 2019
Debbie Dingell MI-12 January 3, 2019
Ted Lieu CA-33 January 3, 2019
Joe Neguse CO-02 January 3, 2021
House Democratic Junior Caucus Leadership Representative Colin Allred TX-32 January 3, 2021
House Democratic Freshman Class Leadership Representative Mondaire Jones NY-17 January 3, 2021
Co-Chairs, House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee Cheri Bustos IL-17 January 3, 2021
Barbara Lee CA-13 January 3, 2019
Eric Swalwell CA-15 January 3, 2017
House Democratic Senior Chief Deputy Whips G. K. Butterfield NC-01 January 3, 2021
Jan Schakowsky IL-09 January 3, 2019

Minority leadership (Republican)[edit source]

Office Officer District Since
House Minority Leader
Chair, House Republican Steering Committee
Kevin McCarthy CA-23 January 3, 2019
Party leader since January 3, 2019
House Minority Whip Steve Scalise LA-01 January 3, 2019
Party deputy since January 3, 2019
Chair, House Republican Conference Elise Stefanik NY-21 May 14, 2021
Vice Chair, House Republican Conference Mike Johnson LA-04 January 3, 2021
Secretary, House Republican Conference Rich Hudson NC-08 January 3, 2021
Chair, House Republican Policy Committee Gary Palmer AL-06 January 3, 2019
Chair, National Republican Congressional Committee Tom Emmer MN-06 January 3, 2019
House Republican Chief Deputy Whip Drew Ferguson GA-03 January 3, 2019

1 minute ago, ConservativeElector2 said:
House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer MD-05 January 3, 2019
Party deputy since January 3, 2003
House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn SC-06 January 3, 2019
Assistant Speaker of the House Katherine Clark MA-05 January 3, 2021
Chair, House Democratic Caucus Hakeem Jeffries NY-08 January 3, 2019
Vice Chair, House Democratic Caucus Pete Aguilar CA-31 January 3, 2021
Chair, Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Sean Patrick Maloney NY-18 January 3, 2021
Co-Chairs, House Democratic Policy and Communications Committee Matt Cartwright PA-08 January 3, 2019
Debbie Dingell MI-12 January 3, 2019
Ted Lieu CA-33 January 3, 2019
Joe Neguse CO-02 January 3, 2021
House Democratic Junior Caucus Leadership Representative Colin Allred TX-32 January 3, 2021
House Democratic Freshman Class Leadership Representative Mondaire Jones NY-17 January 3, 2021
Co-Chairs, House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee Cheri Bustos IL-17 January 3, 2021
Barbara Lee CA-13 January 3, 2019
Eric Swalwell CA-15 January 3, 2017
House Democratic Senior Chief Deputy Whips G. K. Butterfield NC-01 January 3, 2021
Jan Schakowsky IL-09 January 3, 2019

Minority leadership (Republican)[edit source]

Office Officer District Since
House Minority Leader
Chair, House Republican Steering Committee
Kevin McCarthy CA-23 January 3, 2019
Party leader since January 3, 2019
House Minority Whip Steve Scalise LA-01 January 3, 2019
Party deputy since January 3, 2019
Chair, House Republican Conference Elise Stefanik NY-21 May 14, 2021
Vice Chair, House Republican Conference Mike Johnson LA-04 January 3, 2021
Secretary, House Republican Conference Rich Hudson NC-08 January 3, 2021
Chair, House Republican Policy Committee Gary Palmer AL-06 January 3, 2019
Chair, National Republican Congressional Committee Tom Emmer MN-06 January 3, 2019
House Republican Chief Deputy Whip Drew Ferguson GA-03 January 3, 2019

Thanks!  

@MrPotatoTed I created your draft tab for you, so you could draft when you have downtime on other things. Some things to keep in mind:

• Their stats are all rookie stats. I'd bump up the essential people to the min requirement for offices
  • Some of the active people might belong to a different party, live in a different state, etc., at your start date.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

@MrPotatoTed I created your draft tab for you, so you could draft when you have downtime on other things. Some things to keep in mind:

• Their stats are all rookie stats. I'd bump up the essential people to the min requirement for offices
  • Some of the active people might belong to a different party, live in a different state, etc., at your start date.

Thank you!  

Just a quick update:  I'm going through every statesman and getting them up to what I think their modern day stats would be -- just using a flat formula.  Things like if they've been a rep or senator for 10 years, that's worth at least a 2 legislative.  If they've been a committe chair, that's a 3. If they've been a whip or min/maj leader, that's a 4. Speaker is a 5.  Similar formulas for the other skill levels.

I'm also rolling a die, 50% chance that anyone who hasn't done anything notable in the past ten years (such as W Bush admin folks who haven't been heard from since) is deleted before the game starts.  Trying to stave off the issues we had in the 2000 playthrough where a bunch of former Governors all collectively became governor again 20 years after the last time anyone had ever heard of them. Haha.

I also plan to save this file after I'm done getting it ready, so I don't have to recreate it again for any future...well, future...playthroughs.

I've completed 50 statesmen so far this morning.  there's around 880 to go.  

Finally, one thing doing this has made me realize, @vcczar.  If we do want the game to have multiple possible start dates, we likely need to create a "real world" version of the history tab, with all the real world politicians.  It'll be tedious as hell, but maybe someone like @ConservativeElector2 or @Cal or anyone else might be willing to take that on.

In fact, @Cal or @ConservativeElector2 or anyone else -- if you were willing to create the history tab with at least the real world 2020 politicians (the current senators, governors, secretaries) that alone would be helpful -- and if you're willing to work backwords into previous years (the governor before the current governor, etc) that would be even more helpful.

5 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

Just a quick update:  I'm going through every statesman and getting them up to what I think their modern day stats would be -- just using a flat formula.  Things like if they've been a rep or senator for 10 years, that's worth at least a 2 legislative.  If they've been a committe chair, that's a 3. If they've been a whip or min/maj leader, that's a 4. Speaker is a 5.  Similar formulas for the other skill levels.

I'm also rolling a die, 50% chance that anyone who hasn't done anything notable in the past ten years (such as W Bush admin folks who haven't been heard from since) is deleted before the game starts.  Trying to stave off the issues we had in the 2000 playthrough where a bunch of former Governors all collectively became governor again 20 years after the last time anyone had ever heard of them. Haha.

I also plan to save this file after I'm done getting it ready, so I don't have to recreate it again for any future...well, future...playthroughs.

I've completed 50 statesmen so far this morning.  there's around 880 to go.  

Finally, one thing doing this has made me realize, @vcczar.  If we do want the game to have multiple possible start dates, we likely need to create a "real world" version of the history tab, with all the real world politicians.  It'll be tedious as hell, but maybe someone like @ConservativeElector2 or @Cal or anyone else might be willing to take that on.

I started one, just never finished it because I had other things that were priorities. Ideally, every politician would have stats for each start date but that's something WAAAAAAAAY down the road and only if this game is as successful as EU4 or CK2. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I started one, just never finished it because I had other things that were priorities. Ideally, every politician would have stats for each start date but that's something WAAAAAAAAY down the road and only if this game is as successful as EU4 or CK2. 

Yep, agreed!  But having a "real life history" tab would at least be a placeholder until then, if anyone's able to spend some time on putting it together.  

16 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

In fact, @Cal or @ConservativeElector2 or anyone else -- if you were willing to create the history tab with at least the real world 2020 politicians (the current senators, governors, secretaries) that alone would be helpful -- and if you're willing to work backwords into previous years (the governor before the current governor, etc) that would be even more helpful.

Well, with currently two master thesis to write on and a new semester starting in October (mainly language courses in Japanese and political science stuff) I don't think the chance to contribute much on this is huge lol 

For a 2020 tab the prospect doesn't look that bad however. If either you or @vcczar provides me an editable history tab, I can fill in the 2020 guys rather quickly I guess. The good thing is that I know most current Governors and Senators without looking them up.

Edited by ConservativeElector2

1 minute ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Well, with currently two master thesis to write on and a new semester starting in October (mainly language courses in Japanese and political science stuff) I don't think the chance to contribute much on this is huge lol 

For a 2020 tab the prospect doesn't look that bad however. If either you or @vcczar provides me an editable history tab, I can fill in the 2020 guys rather quickly I guess. The good thing is that I know most current Governors and Senators without looking them up.

Perfect, I'll send you a link to the "future game" excel sheet, which has the history tab.  Thank you!

Perfect, I'll send you a link to the "future game" excel sheet, which has the history tab.  Thank you!

Yeah, I think it still says 17... . I am not sure whether I should start on the left or will you create placeholders for all years until 2020?

Yeah, the whole excel sheet is a work in progress as I transition it from the base game to the future game.  Feel free to delete everything on the history tab and replace with 2020.

Ok. Usually I am hesitant to delete stuff, but ok

• Like 1

Some of those state legislators, city councillors, mayors, etc. could be future politicians...

Edited by Timur

7 hours ago, Timur said:

Some of those state legislators, city councillors, mayors, etc. could be future politicians...

I’m not sure I understood your comment...did you intend to include a link?

Either way, the file does include some people like that, especially ones who recently ran for a significant office and lost but could try again in the near future.

But of course it can’t and won’t have all state legislators, city councilors, etc.  The 2020 file alone already has about 1,000 real politicians in it, and the game starts in 1774 so extrapolate from there.  The data file of real politicians is just insanely enormous as is.

32 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

I’m not sure I understood your comment...did you intend to include a link?

Either way, the file does include some people like that, especially ones who recently ran for a significant office and lost but could try again in the near future.

But of course it can’t and won’t have all state legislators, city councilors, etc.  The 2020 file alone already has about 1,000 real politicians in it, and the game starts in 1774 so extrapolate from there.  The data file of real politicians is just insanely enormous as is.

I misworded my post. I meant that there are many current state legislators, city councillors, etc. who could be future politicians & could be options if you want to make future politicians...

Edited by Timur
  • Like 1