The Political Lounge

"We must hang together, or we will surely hang separately" - A one-player rookie test run of the 1772 Campaign

Alright: back in business (I Hope)

PA Delegates to the Convention:

William MaClay

Samuel MaClay (Gov can go since he has 2 legi)

George Clymer @Largo833 (Right Wing)

VA Delegates to the Convention:

Patrick Henry

Thomas Jefferson (he's SoS, but that's not blocked according to the rules I think. If not him, William Grayson).

James Wood ( @Cal) Red Right Wing

• Like 1

Next up, the "Father of the Constitution"

Once you have appointed all your pols for the convention, a random delegate with with “egghead” will be said to have proposed the Convention and will be labeled “Father of the Constitution,” removing “obscure” and giving them “celebrity” as well as +1 in legis and +1 in command.  If none have egghead, it goes to the politician with the highest value. 

Once all your pols are appointed, I'll roll for the proposer.

9 hours ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Next up, the "Father of the Constitution"

Once you have appointed all your pols for the convention, a random delegate with with “egghead” will be said to have proposed the Convention and will be labeled “Father of the Constitution,” removing “obscure” and giving them “celebrity” as well as +1 in legis and +1 in command.  If none have egghead, it goes to the politician with the highest value. 

Once all your pols are appointed, I'll roll for the proposer.

Looks like there's a few career trackers, can roll for their traits in case someone picks up egghead?

1 hour ago, 10centjimmy said:

Looks like there's a few career trackers, can roll for their traits in case someone picks up egghead?

They just have to be a delegate to the Convention.  For those Govs that are sending delegates, please POST if any are coming off career track and I'll roll for their gains.  As it is now, I think we have 5 eggheads at the convention.

On 1/27/2023 at 7:57 AM, 10centjimmy said:

CT

Gov Roger Sherman, JM

Oliver Ellsworth, @Largo833LW

Alexander Wolcott,  @ebrk85Lib

NH

Gov. John Langdon,  JM

James Sheafe, JM

Morgan Lewis, WillMod @matthewyoung123

NJ

Jonathan Elmer, JC

Richard Stockton, JC

Elias Boudinot,  ebrkLW

Paca,  Livingston,  and Rodney accept their nominations

2 hours ago, matthewyoung123 said:

They just have to be a delegate to the Convention.  For those Govs that are sending delegates, please POST if any are coming off career track and I'll roll for their gains.  As it is now, I think we have 5 eggheads at the convention.

Alexander Wolcott @ebrk85, 0 years on legis track

Morgan Lewis @matthewyoung123willmod, 4 years on Exec track

8 hours ago, matthewyoung123 said:

@CalFisher Ames, of Massachusetts, is the Father of the Constitution.  He loses Obscure, gains Celebrity, and gains +1 Command and +1 Legislative ability. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

President of the Constitutional Convention-

"The presidency is open to anyone with at least 1 command, and the delegates will vote. Politician that secures the majority of votes will be the president."

Please declare if you wish for one of your politicians at the Convention to run for the office of President.  They must have at least 1 command.  Each faction may run ONE politician. 

Edited by matthewyoung123

Just now, matthewyoung123 said:

"The presidency is open to anyone with at least 1 command, and the delegates will vote. Politician that secures the majority of votes will be the president."

Please declare if you wish for one of your politicians at the Convention to run for the office of President.  They must have at least 1 command.

WillMod will run their faction leader, former Governor of NC, and former Minister to France, Richard Caswell for President of the Constitutional Convention.  His experience and administrative skill will be vital to ensuring a fair and just document to guide the new nation.

52 minutes ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Please declare if you wish for one of your politicians at the Convention to run for the office of President.  They must have at least 1 command.  Each faction may run ONE politician. 

JimmyMod will run Governor John Langdon 

JimmyCon has no eligible candidates

• Like 1