The Political Lounge

"We must hang together, or we will surely hang separately" - A one-player rookie test run of the 1772 Campaign

OK, so here it goes.  We vote on the first Article.  Please include your STATE and the OPTION you vote for.

@Cal @10centjimmy @Largo833 @ebrk85 @Willthescout7

Article I-  The Legislature

Option A- Historical House & Senate

Option B- House only (no Senate)

Option C- Senate only (no House)

Option D- Keep the current structure of the Confederation Congress.

1 hour ago, matthewyoung123 said:

So far-

Option A- DE, GA, NC, PA, VA

Option B- Null

Option C- MA, SC, NJ, NH

Option D- Null

Several states left to vote have mixed opinions.  4 states left to cast a vote.

NY votes for option C

Reps from CT, MD, RI do as well

36 minutes ago, Cal said:

Here's my pitch for Option C to @matthewyoung123

You don't have to process Representative elections ever again 😉 

I know, but I also know that the Legislature needs balance...and a voice for "the people."

Besides, the big states (like VA & PA) would demand some sort of Representation based on population...

I'm very fuzzy on the mechanics so I don't know if they have the right traits for it, but do the President and Father of the Constitution now roll to see if they sway any votes to their side?  Given how close the current tally is, I feel like that's going to be very relevant!

12 hours ago, Largo833 said:

I'm very fuzzy on the mechanics so I don't know if they have the right traits for it, but do the President and Father of the Constitution now roll to see if they sway any votes to their side?  Given how close the current tally is, I feel like that's going to be very relevant!

It looks like comes after the initial vote tally!

• Like 1

OK, so I'll give a 24 hour notice that the 3 remaining states that haven't voted need to have their delegations get together and come to an agreement or I will count them as abstentions.

Right now, each option (A&C) has 5 states supporting it.  It needs 9 to pass.

CT, MD, RI I believe are left to vote.

No matter how they vote, we will not have a 2/3 majority in this round so we will take the two that got the most votes, A & C and vote again.

If we still have no winner in Round 2, we will adopt the historical measure which is Option A.

Edited by matthewyoung123

A 2/3 majority (9 states) has not been reached.

So option A has 5 votes.  Option C has 8 votes.  Options B and D received no votes.

So we will vote again on Article I.  Option A (House & Senate) and Option C (Senate only) are the two options available to vote on.

So, please cast your votes by state.  Action to @Cal @ebrk85 @10centjimmy @Largo833 @Willthescout7

Did Langdon and Ames get the chance to sway votes?  By my count, the five states voting for Option A have 2/3 delegates voting that way, so if the President or the Father of the Constitution (who both support Option C) are able to change just one delegate’s vote, that would change the final tally to nine states in favor of Option C.

If that was already rolled and they were unable to get anyone to switch, then my factions vote the same as before- one vote for Option C from each of CT, GA, PA, and RI.

5 hours ago, Cal said:

It looks like comes after the initial vote tally!

Where do you see that in the 3.0.10 Constitutional Convention Rules?  The only thing I see about vote swaying is when the Governors move to vote on the adoption of the Constitution- "The CPU Governor will oppose ratification if they will lose points by ratifying the US Constitution. They will still do this if they have delegates that support the US Constitution, and they will attempt to sway their own governor if able to do so."

Just now, matthewyoung123 said:

Where do you see that in the 3.0.10 Constitutional Convention Rules?  The only thing I see about vote swaying is when the Governors move to vote on the adoption of the Constitution- "The CPU Governor will oppose ratification if they will lose points by ratifying the US Constitution. They will still do this if they have delegates that support the US Constitution, and they will attempt to sway their own governor if able to do so."

Per misc rules: 

"Voting is conducted just as with the Continental Congress... Only the President and the “Father of the Constitution” may attempt shenanigans, which will follow along the lines of shenanigans in Congress in Session."

This pushes us towards a different rules section, so per Congress in Session rules: 

"The CC will also have an initial vote, followed by shenanigans, and a final vote. The Pres of the CC will have the shenanigan abilities of a Sen Maj Ldr or Speaker. "

There is an opportunity for shenanigans per the rules for the President and Father of the Constitution and we're directed to handle it as if it was shenanigans in Congress in Session. Congress in Session shenanigans during the Continental Congress gives the shenanigan abilities of a Sen Maj Leader or Speaker to the CC President. 

The only "missing link" here is that it's not directly stated that the President and Father of the Constitution are treated the same as a CC President, however, that's the only plausible reading of the rules I can see and it's a lot more of a natural reading than no shenanigans at all imo. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cal said:

Per misc rules: 

"Voting is conducted just as with the Continental Congress... Only the President and the “Father of the Constitution” may attempt shenanigans, which will follow along the lines of shenanigans in Congress in Session."

This pushes us towards a different rules section, so per Congress in Session rules: 

"The CC will also have an initial vote, followed by shenanigans, and a final vote. The Pres of the CC will have the shenanigan abilities of a Sen Maj Ldr or Speaker. "

There is an opportunity for shenanigans per the rules for the President and Father of the Constitution and we're directed to handle it as if it was shenanigans in Congress in Session. Congress in Session shenanigans during the Continental Congress gives the shenanigan abilities of a Sen Maj Leader or Speaker to the CC President. 

The only "missing link" here is that it's not directly stated that the President and Father of the Constitution are treated the same as a CC President, however, that's the only plausible reading of the rules I can see and it's a lot more of a natural reading than no shenanigans at all imo. 

Because they are listed as "shenanigans" not as "sway"

@Cal, do you wish to have RedRW Fisher Ames target a politician to sway their vote from Option A to Option C?  If so, what politician are you targeting?

@10centjimmy, so you wish to have JimmyMod John Langdon target a politician to sway their vote from Option A to Option C?  If so, who are you targeting?

2 hours ago, matthewyoung123 said:

Because they are listed as "shenanigans" not as "sway"

@Cal, do you wish to have RedRW Fisher Ames target a politician to sway their vote from Option A to Option C?  If so, what politician are you targeting?

@10centjimmy, so you wish to have JimmyMod John Langdon target a politician to sway their vote from Option A to Option C?  If so, who are you targeting?

Langdon will target GA Francis Willis