The Political Lounge

Forum Presidential Election Playtest #1

vcczar

The Race Begins

This is Walter Cronkite III of Political Lounge Network News (PLNN). As we approach the January 2024 Primary Debates, let's see where the race to be the next President of the United States appears at the moment.

For the Democrats, frontrunner @WVProgressive of WV seems to be the most viable, and so has the highest expectations in the primaries. He is strongly challenged by @Rezi of NY. A dark horse candidate exists in @Hestia of IA, who could be greatly helped by having the 1st primary (really a caucus, but primary for game purposes) in his state. Several minor candidates could pose a threat as well, including @ebrk85 of PA, @MrPotatoTed of PA, @vcczar of PA, @OrangeP47 of IL, @Blockmon of MA, @Rodja of VT, @Largo833 of MN, @Imperator Taco Cat of MN, @dkh64 of WA, @jnewt of MA, @10centjimmy of MD, and @Arkansas Progressive of WI. The field is large, but it should narrow quickly by the end of the month.

The Republicans have fewer candidates. @ConservativeElector2 of AR is the clear frontrunner and it will be a shocker if he falls below expectations. He is challenged by @Willthescout7 of MO. @Pringles of SC is a rather strong dark horse who could rise to #2 at least. Minor candidates who could surprise are @ShortKing of MS, @jvikings1 of KY, @DakotaHale of OH, and @Cenzonico of CA. 

===============

January Debate Instructions:

• You may want to look at the timeline tab to see what voter blocs are important for Iowa.
  • You may want to look at candidate strengths on the playtest tab after you see the above.
  • Then, on this thread, tell me which candidate of your party that you will attack during the debate. Pick a candidate and a voter bloc to attack them on. Your hope is to weaken them in this area in the process of also winning the debate. You risk also strengthening them in this area.  
  • Once everyone has posted their move, I'll process the debate. No order order. Just post when you can. You will focus on only one other candidate. 

I’ll attack @Hestia for farmer interests

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ShortKing said:

Do the relative strengths for each voter bloc matter or is it the same die roll either way? like if I attack someone with a voter bloc they are stronger than me on, do they roll with any sort of advantage?

No. I may make it so that it is harder to take them down, if they are much higher, but that's about it. Like if you are 0 on Blacks and you attack someonewith a 7 in Blacks you should have basically no success in the attack. So maybe it will allow a defense boost, but I won't have attack boosts or it may become too easy for some candidate to knock some people down.

5 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Question @vcczar, though we are not there yet.  When we are boosting stats with WC later, and say we "piss off a rival" bloc, do we just piss off one, or ALL of the blocs listed?

I'm undecided. I might do a seperate roll for all of them.