The Political Lounge

House of Cards RP

Rodja

Inspired by Batman RP run by our dear friend @WVProgressivei came up with an idea of turning another fictional universe into a fun RP,but instead of crime and crime fighters,this one will be about,well crime but with more polished and dangerous criminals.

Based on a Netflix hit series about machiavellian politician Frank Underwood and his no less diabolical wife Claire,this RP will put you in shoes of characters in the show and make you crawl your path through dark corridors of power all the way to glory or misery-depends on choices you make and of course the almighty dice rolls.

We begin in January 2013 after inauguration of President Garret Walker and each turn will last two months.You can make up to 5 events each turn,and just like in Batman RP there wont be concrete rules about how events should look like and creativity is welcomed.

So Lets go to Roles:

You control one of those categories of characters,you can make them play as a team but you can also have unique strategy for each of them its completely up to your strategy and imagination.

Player 1:@Pringles

FU(Frank Underwood,Doug Stamper)

The most diabolical one.You will control Machiavellian Democratic Whip,that was promised the position of Secretary of State,but was lied to.You are an evil mastermind,but will everything go by your plan?The dice will decide!You also control his most loyal Chief of Staff Doug Stamper.  

Player 2: @Pringles

CU(Claire Underwood)

Claire often had plans and actions individual from her husband,so she deserves to be played indenpendently in this RP.You are a loyal wife and ally of your husband Francis,or maybe not?!The time and dice will show!

Player 3: @Sean F Kennedy

Administration(President Garret Walker,VP Jim Matthews,Chief of Staff Linda Sanchez)

You control newly inaugurate President and his inner circle.Be careful who you trust in the dark corridors of power if you wanna keep your job for much longer,Mr.President.

Player 4:@WVProgressive

Media(Tom Hammerschmidt,Zoe Barnes,Lucas Goodwin,Janine Skorsky)

Fighters for truth in a town where it barely exist,or are they?!You and the dice roll decide!Just try to keep their heads on their shoulders as long as you can! 

Player 5:@Sean F Kennedy

Democrats(Bob Birch,Peter Russo,Jackie Sharp,Donald Blythe,Heather Dunbar)

You control Frank's intra party allies and rivals,you decide who will be what and it all is changeable in DC,just be careful to not get played,and that especially is a message for Congressman Russo.You can make your guys play as a team but they also can have their individual strategies and be rivals.

Player 6:@The Blood 

Republicans(Will Conway,Hector Mendoza,General Ted Brockhart)

You control the House Minority and opposition,will you fight against President Walker and Democrats or try to work with them?Will you succeed in winning the White House in 2016?Dice Rolls will decide! 

Player 7:@The Blood  

Buisness and Lobbies(Raymond Tusk,Remy Danton,Shepherds,Marty Spinella)

Money,money,must be funny...!You control the guys with money and their lobbyists trying to influence the guys calling the shots.Will money rule the world or will it prove to be just a McMansion in Sarasota falling apart after 10 years?Dice Rolls will decide!

Player 8: @Hestia

Catherine Durant

Well,she didnt really in any other category,so Sec.Durant will get a player just for herself!You owe your position to Frank's dirty game eliminating Mr.Kern,but will you be grateful and loyal or will you play your own game!Its your choice!

Player 9:@WVProgressive

Behind the Scene Players(Mark Usher,Jane Davis)

You control two ultimate behind the scene players trying to get trust of big shots.What is their true agenda and intentions,nobody knows for sure but you!

@Wiw @WVProgressive @Edouard @Entrecampos @Eugene @Rezi @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @TREBrizori @TZMB @upandaway @Ishan @Patine @pilight @Pringles @Sean F Kennedy @SilentLiberty @DakotaHale @Dobs @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jamawoma24 @JB70 @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @jvikings1 @kelley05v42774750 @Kitten @Zenobiyl  @Cal @carbonmonoxide321 @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @vcczar @Beetlejuice @ngoc tram @NYRepublican @Magnus Rex @Mark_W @Merlespax @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed

Have fun!

Edited by Rodja

23 minutes ago, Patine said:

I only have superficial pop culture osmosis knowledge of this series, as I've never actually watched it, I'm afraid.

Oh,you don't have to be HOC expert to play this game,we are not here to imitate the show but to build our own fun RP universe with show characters.Any questions you might have about characters you can direct to me,cause I am a fan but you could also use this website:https://houseofcards.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page

Tagging others in case someone else would like to play but have reservations cause they haven't watched the show

@Wiw @WVProgressive @Edouard @Entrecampos @Eugene @Rezi @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @TREBrizori @TZMB @upandaway @Ishan @Patine @pilight @Pringles @Sean F Kennedy @SilentLiberty @DakotaHale @Dobs @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jamawoma24 @JB70 @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @jvikings1 @kelley05v42774750 @Kitten @Zenobiyl  @Cal @carbonmonoxide321 @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @vcczar @Beetlejuice @ngoc tram @NYRepublican @Magnus Rex @Mark_W @Merlespax @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed

I’ll take the media, and bring back the age of muckracking corruption busting reporters 😛

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 2:40 AM, Rodja said:

layer 8:

Catherine Durant

Well,she didnt really in any other category,so Sec.Durant will get a player just for herself!You owe your position to Frank's dirty game eliminating Mr.Kern,but will you be grateful and loyal or will you play your own game!Its your choice!

Never seen House of Cards but I'll be Sec. Durant 😄 

• Thanks 1

@WVProgressive @Hestia @Sean F Kennedy @Pringles

Guys,as you see this RP havent gathered as much attention as i hoped it would.Nevertheless,i am very enthusiastic about this RP and wouldnt like to give up on it.

I came to conclusion that we have 4 options going forward:

1.Wait for 5 more people to join this RP,which i dont believe will happen since most people usually participating in RPs were tagged and been online,so they likely have seen this RP and decided not to take part

2.Each of you choose 2 teams to control with me joining in control one remaining.

3.Reduce the game to 5 most essential teams being FU,CU,Media,Administration,Buisness and Lobbies,with @Hestiaabandoning Durant for Claire or money guys and me joining as other.Other characters would still be involved as NPCs

4.Abandoning RP 😞

Please voice your opinion since i  will move this forward with option supported by majority.

Edited by Rodja

5 minutes ago, Rodja said:

@WVProgressive @Hestia @Sean F Kennedy @Pringles

Guys,as you see this RP havent gathered as much attention as i hoped it would.Nevertheless,i am very enthusiastic about this RP and wouldnt like to give up on it.

I came to conclusion that we have 4 options going forward:

1.Wait for 5 more people to join this RP,which i dont believe will happen since most people usually participating in RPs were tagged and been online,so they likely have seen this RP and decided not to take part

2.Each of you choose 2 teams to control with me joining in control one remaining.

3.Reduce the game to 5 most essential teams being FU,CU,Media,Administration,Buisness and Lobbies,with @Hestiaabandoning Durant for Claire or money guys and me joining as other.Other characters would still be involved as NPCs

4.Abandoning RP 😞

Please voice your opinion since i  will move this forward with option supported by majority.

I vote we do either option 3 or 2. If we end up going with #2 I'd like to be the Media, and the Lobbyists

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 2:40 AM, Rodja said:

Inspired by Batman RP run by our dear friend @WVProgressivei came up with an idea of turning another fictional universe into a fun RP,but instead of crime and crime fighters,this one will be about,well crime but with more polished and dangerous criminals.

Based on a Netflix hit series about machiavellian politician Frank Underwood and his no less diabolical wife Claire,this RP will put you in shoes of characters in the show and make you crawl your path through dark corridors of power all the way to glory or misery-depends on choices you make and of course the almighty dice rolls.

We begin in January 2013 after inauguration of President Garret Walker and each turn will last two months.You can make up to 5 events each turn,and just like in Batman RP there wont be concrete rules about how events should look like and creativity is welcomed.

So Lets go to Roles:

You control one of those categories of characters,you can make them play as a team but you can also have unique strategy for each of them its completely up to your strategy and imagination.

Player 1:@Pringles

FU(Frank Underwood,Doug Stamper)

The most diabolical one.You will control Machiavellian Democratic Whip,that was promised the position of Secretary of State,but was lied to.You are an evil mastermind,but will everything go by your plan?The dice will decide!You also control his most loyal Chief of Staff Doug Stamper.  

Player 2:

CU(Claire Underwood)

Claire often had plans and actions individual from her husband,so she deserves to be played indenpendently in this RP.You are a loyal wife and ally of your husband Francis,or maybe not?!The time and dice will show!

Player 3: @Sean F Kennedy

Administration(President Garret Walker,VP Jim Matthews,Chief of Staff Linda Sanchez)

You control newly inaugurate President and his inner circle.Be careful who you trust in the dark corridors of power if you wanna keep your job for much longer,Mr.President.

Player 4:@WVProgressive

Media(Tom Hammerschmidt,Zoe Barnes,Lucas Goodwin,Janine Skorsky)

Fighters for truth in a town where it barely exist,or are they?!You and the dice roll decide!Just try to keep their heads on their shoulders as long as you can! 

Player 5:

Democrats(Bob Birch,Peter Russo,Jackie Sharp,Donald Blythe,Heather Dunbar)

You control Frank's intra party allies and rivals,you decide who will be what and it all is changeable in DC,just be careful to not get played,and that especially is a message for Congressman Russo.You can make your guys play as a team but they also can have their individual strategies and be rivals.

Player 6: 

Republicans(Will Conway,Hector Mendoza,General Ted Brockhart)

You control the House Minority and opposition,will you fight against President Walker and Democrats or try to work with them?Will you succeed in winning the White House in 2016?Dice Rolls will decide! 

Player 7:

Buisness and Lobbies(Raymond Tusk,Remy Danton,Shepherds,Marty Spinella)

Money,money,must be funny...!You control the guys with money and their lobbyists trying to influence the guys calling the shots.Will money rule the world or will it prove to be just a McMansion in Sarasota falling apart after 10 years?Dice Rolls will decide!

Player 8: @Hestia

Catherine Durant

Player 9:

Behind the Scene Players(Mark Usher,Jane Davis)

You control two ultimate behind the scene players trying to get trust of big shots.What is their true agenda and intentions,nobody knows for sure but you!

@Wiw @WVProgressive @Edouard @Entrecampos @Eugene @Rezi @The Blood @themiddlepolitical @Timur @TREBrizori @TZMB @upandaway @Ishan @Patine @pilight @Pringles @Sean F Kennedy @SilentLiberty @DakotaHale @Dobs @Fbarbarossa @Hestia @jamawoma24 @JB70 @jnewt @JohnGRobertsJr @jvikings1 @kelley05v42774750 @Kitten @Zenobiyl  @Cal @carbonmonoxide321 @Cenzonico @ConservativeElector2 @vcczar @Beetlejuice @ngoc tram @NYRepublican @Magnus Rex @Mark_W @Merlespax @Mishfox @MrPotatoTed

Have fun!

I'll take option 7, and if we go with 2 factions per-person I can also go with the Republicans.

Edited by The Blood
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, The Blood said:

I'll take option 7, and if we go with 2 factions per-person I can also go with the Republicans.

We can now comfortably go with either option 2 or 3 with me just being RP Master not joining in as player.In case of option 2,you should make a deal with @WVProgressive cause you both are interested in Team 7,althrough its your first choice and his second.Also in case of option 2,one of players will control one team while others will control 2,i am sorry but we have odd number of teams.In case of option 3, @Hestiashould abandon Durant for Claire and we would be able to proceed.I would personally option 2 since it would be more dynamic.

Alright,if @Hestiaand @Pringlesagree we will begin this RP with Option 2.

That means all players will control except one who volunteers to control just one.

Before we begin,we need @The Bloodand @WVProgressiveto reach a deal who will Business and Lobbyists since you both are interested in the role.

Also we need one of you to volunteer to play just one team.

And @Pringlesand @Hestiato pick their second team(or lack thereof if they volunteer to be the the guy controlling just one) if they agree with this system.

After all that we can begin our journey through dark corridors of power!

Edited by Rodja
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Rodja said:

That means all players will control except one who volunteers to control just one.

Before we begin,we need @The Bloodand @WVProgressiveto reach a deal who will Business and Lobbyists since you both are interested in the role.

And @Pringlesand @Hestiato pick their second team(or lack thereof if they volunteer to be the the guy controlling just one) if they agree with this system.

Might as well take Claire. 

• Based 1

1 hour ago, Rodja said:

I'll switch to being the Media, and the Republicans. SO much for Liberal media bias 😛

1 hour ago, Rodja said:

Republicans are taken by @The Blood,you can either take Mark and Jane or just be media

Sure I'll take Mark, and Jane.

Alright guys,i heard back from @Hestia who is comfortable with playing just Durant so now we are able to kick off the first turn!

Since almost all of you will control 2 groups of players i suggest you play each group independent of other,even if it means endangering the interest of the other group you control to make the game more dynamic(per example @Pringles controls both Frank and Claire,but they were often on collision course in show) but of course it is your and only your decision  how to play.Also,you dont have to stick to show in any way,since we are here to enjoy a fun RP not remake Netflix series,to be honest idealistic Frank Underwood or Machiavellian Garret Walker  would be kinda weird but you are here to give your characters the life you think they deserved,of course if almighty dice allows it.

Players control the following:

@Pringles
FU(Frank Underwood and Doug Stamper) and CU(Claire Underwood)

@Sean F Kennedy
Administration(President Garret Walker,VP Jim Matthews,Chief of Staff Linda Sanchez) and  Democrats(Bob Birch,Peter Russo,Jackie Sharp,Donald Blythe,Heather Dunbar)

@WVProgressive
Media(Tom Hammerschmidt,Zoe Barnes,Lucas Goodwin,Janine Skorsky) and Behind the Scene Players(Mark Usher,Jane Davis)

@The Blood
Republicans(Will Conway,Hector Mendoza,General Ted Brockhart) and Buisness and Lobbies(Raymond Tusk,Remy Danton,Shepherds,Marty Spinella)

@Hestia
Catherine Durant

All you guys control each of your characters in group  individually and can make them have their own agendas not necessarily working as a team since they are group by their area of influence not their partnerships.You can do minimum of 2 maximum of 5 events each turn using any of the characters you control.

I will kick off Turn 1 in matter of minutes.

Edited by Rodja

JANUARY-MARCH 2013 TURN

It was a cold day January day when President Elect Garret Walker was inaugurated to the highest office in the land.Power players as well as ordinary citizens from all across the country gathered in the Capital to watch this historic moment. One man, House Majority Whip Frank Underwood didn't feel that euphoric, he was promised to be Secretary of State but that promise was not fulfilled, nevertheless he didn't allow anyone to see his disappointment. He waved and clapped, smiled and shook hands acting happy to have his fellow Democrat in the Oval Office.

For a simple observer President Walker looked like the most powerful man in the world today, but those of us who know a bit more know that power structures in this town are much more complicated than that. There is Congress, media, money, etc. Everybody in this city has their hidden agenda and power and position in this town are nothing more than a house built of cards.

Which one of you will build a house of cards that lasts longest? We will see!

Have fun!

And Remember…

Democracy is so overrated! 

You should post 2-5 actions for both groups of characters you control,using any of the characters you control.There is no strict rule what events should look like, creativity is welcome!

@Pringles  @Sean F Kennedy @WVProgressive @The Blood @Hestia

Administration 

1. Garret Walker meets privately with Underwood seeking to mend fences and see what he can do to make up to Frank for being denied SOS position.

2. Walker will use the bully pulpit to push his expansion of Healthcare.

3. Jim Matthews will do a string of interviews with the media

4. Walker will meet with congressional leaders to see where to set the agenda for the next 4 years.

Democrats

1. Bob Birch will push his fellow Democrats to support Franks agenda because “He knows how to play politics.

2. Democrats across the country will benefit off of Walker’s popularity and fundraise for Special Elections and midterms.

• Based 1

Media:

Zoe Barnes will conduct an investigation into Frank Underwood, searching for signs of corruption.

Tom Hammerschmit will invite Ted Brockhart to an interview asking him about his political ambitions, thoughts on the Walker administration, and his career in the military.

Lucas Goodwin will attempt to bug a behind closed doors meeting going on between Mark Usher, and Democratic leadership.

Behind the scenes:

Mark Usher will work to get in good with Democratic Party big wigs

Janet Davis will work to in good with Republican Party Big Wigs.

Secretary Catherine Durant:

1: The Secretary will first meet with the President to get in his good graces, stressing her experience in dealing with foreign affairs.

2: Secretary Durant will conduct an interview with the national morning shows to get her better introduced to the public at large.

3: Sec. Durant will take her first trip abroad by the middle of February, visiting Canada to give a speech about the importance of economic ties between the two areas.

4: Secretary Durant will attempt to have a meeting with State Department career officials to try and get them in her good graces.