The Political Lounge

Thoughts on Ukraine

DakotaHale

3 minutes ago, Dobs said:

No one is being attacked for having different opinions. I know you may feel desperate to manufacture that type of environment, but you won't find it here.

Hmmm. Everytime I see patine post something that  you disagree with, I never see a coordinated attack………..

Edited by Beetlejuice

1 minute ago, Kitten said:

This is how liberty and freedom dies.

No, that's with thunderous applause. (Star wars)

I personally think getting involved will actually lead to liberty and freedom becoming a distant idea and many many people losing their lives. I don't think Russia should just get away with this and I think it's awful but the United States isn't the world police. We'd likely end up making matters worse. We should focus on what we can do for Ukrainian citizens if we wish to help, such as allowing them to be refugees or things of that nature. Not a war which won't end for years and likely mean more innocent people dying. It's a double bladed sword unfortunately.

• Agree 2
  • Based 3

5 minutes ago, Beetlejuice said:

If you oppose the war in Iraq, you are unamerican scum 

What? Yeah, Kitten opposes a right-wing autocracy stamping down on an eastern European democracy with an invasion, what the fuck does Iraq have to do with this?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

No, that's with thunderous applause. (Star wars)

I personally think getting involved will actually lead to liberty and freedom becoming a distant idea and many many people losing their lives. I don't think Russia should just get away with this and I think it's awful but the United States isn't the world police. We'd likely end up making matters worse. We should focus on what we can do for Ukrainian citizens if we wish to help, such as allowing them to be refugees or things of that nature. Not a war which won't end for years and likely mean more innocent people dying. It's a double bladed sword unfortunately.

That's a fair point and I will respectfully disagree with you on some points 🙂 and agree on other points.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Patine said:

Genuine? I think that's a dig at me, and accusing my views and how I express them of not being, "genuine." Just can't resist throwing in insults at me, can he. And then he pretends he has a moral edge and is the more mature one when he arrogantly talks down to me from a non-existent higher ground. It just burns me up - especially that almost everyone else thinks it's not a problem, and even takes his side and supports his toxicity... 🥵

I don't know why this notified me, but it actually wasn't. I figured it would've been obvious as to who was posting a lot for that last page. I'll leave it to you to figure out. 

1 hour ago, Patine said:

God, the Father of Christ, doesn't bless countries (Caesars) over one another. Invoking God's Name and Intercession for the purpose of conflicts between Caesars, regardless of what's going on, is using the Lord's Name in Vain. Instead, pray for the civilians - and the conscripts, the statistical majority of both the Russian and Ukrainian Armed Forces - who will suffer, die, and lose grievously - on both sides, and those caught in the crossfire - because of this monstrous conflict. But do not invoke the Lord's Name blasphemously on behalf of Caesars over others. That is Crusader mentality, and HIGHLY Un-Christian.

I can absolutely assure you when someone says “God Bless Ukraine” they’re talking about the people and their livelihoods and not the government alone, except maybe to call for peace.

• Like 1

Ukraine's military has destroyed a column of Russian tanks invading near Sumy, Ukraine. Per the tweet author, Russian forces were in control of the area, meaning Ukrainian forces conducted an ambush on Russian armored columns heading towards the city. 

• Based 2