The Political Lounge

Thoughts on Ukraine

DakotaHale

There now exists, plainly, a state of war between Russia and Ukraine. 

It has been instigated entirely by Vladimir Putin. Full stop.

In doing so, Russia has declared war on freedom, natural rights, democracy, and the principle of democratic sovereignty globally.

It is now incumbent upon the United States and the rest of the Free World to stop Russia in its tracks before it is too late and Eastern Europe is once again locked behind that Iron Curtain of tyranny. 

God Save Ukraine. God Bless the United States. God Help us All.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Dobs said:

There now exists, plainly, a state of war between Russia and Ukraine. 

It has been instigated entirely by Vladimir Putin. Full stop.

In doing so, Russia has declared war on freedom, natural rights, democracy, and the principle of democratic sovereignty globally.

It is now incumbent upon the United States and the rest of the Free World to stop Russia in its tracks before it is too late and Eastern Europe is once again locked behind that Iron Curtain of tyranny. 

God Save Ukraine. God Bless the United States. God Help us All.

If dob’s wet dream came true millions  would perish in a nuclear holocaust. 

• Confused 1
  • Disagree 4

Just now, Beetlejuice said:

So by calling out dobs, I am showing disrespect to Ukrainians. Makes a lot of sense 

By making a false, unbacked statement about the death of millions of people while diminishing the current situation in which Ukrainians are being killed in an invasion and will be killed defending their country: yes, yes you are showing disrespect. If you're going to come here to attack people for no reason instead of engaging in conversation, then don't come here at all.

2 minutes ago, Rezi said:

By making a false, unbacked statement about the death of millions of people while diminishing the current situation in which Ukrainians are being killed in an invasion and will be killed defending their country: yes, yes you are showing disrespect. If you're going to come here to attack people for no reason instead of engaging in conversation, then don't come here at all.

How did I diminish the situation?? think before you write Mr. Rezi

Edited by Beetlejuice

Just now, Beetlejuice said:

How did I diminish the situation?? think before you write Mr. Rezi

It's always ironic how you show up in moments like these. Solely to defend a user, and ridicule the rest. 

• Agree 1

hello, I was awakened at 5 in the morning, martial law was introduced, the war began, my family has a bunker, we are waiting for something to be clear in neighboring cities. we hope everything will be fine! - heard this from my Ukrainian pen pal in Kherson

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beetlejuice said:

Get ready to get attacked for having a non neoliberal or neocon opinion 

No one is being attacked for having different opinions. I know you may feel desperate to manufacture that type of environment, but you won't find it here.

• Agree 3
  • Based 1

18 minutes ago, SilentLiberty said:

This is probably an extremely unpopular opinion, but the US would be better off not getting involved. My personal opinion. I think more lives would be lost.

While most of us vehemently disagree I'm sure. Thank you for your presenting your opinion in a genuine way. 🙂

Edited by Pringles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beetlejuice said:

Get ready to get attacked for having a non neoliberal or neocon opinion 

I know it's an unpopular opinion, I'm not worried about being attacked. Maybe get into a little debate at the most. But I'm not worried about it, or offending anyone or being offended. It seems like there has been a lot of drama here lately. I'm not here for that.