The Political Lounge

Victoria 3 Thread

DakotaHale

Maybe it's because I'm playing America and the only direction is up. But am I finding causing the conditions for economic boom too easy? Interested in how others are doing with that. I just build what I need, build some extra in boom periods, and don't go too crazy... seems almost too easy. 
image.png.0279caf922db5f3af59661be6ed46839.png

8 minutes ago, Pringles said:

Maybe it's because I'm playing America and the only direction is up. But am I finding causing the conditions for economic boom too easy? Interested in how others are doing with that. I just build what I need, build some extra in boom periods, and don't go too crazy... seems almost too easy. 
image.png.0279caf922db5f3af59661be6ed46839.png

I’m taking in 40k

• Based 1

For those playing America here. How's your Texas situation going? Not sure if an event fires in the 1840's (1844-1846-1848) concerning the Mexican-American War. Texas defended their nation successfully in mine and I'm improving relations with them accordingly. 

I’ve been doing a hands off observe game.  It’s currently 1910.  USA has most of the 48 states, except California is Mexico, and Oregon/Washington is Canada.  Mexico also has isolated slivers of land in Oklahoma and Colorado, surrounded by the US.  Meanwhile, though they’ve failed to reach the Pacific so far, the US has trickled north to take part of Alberta.

France, the most powerful nation in the world, owns most of Africa and also the Panama Canal.  The US has about 1/3 of Africa and Is the fifth most powerful nation.

We’ve had communists and feminists as president, but neither one particularly changed the laws so they’re about on or with what you’d expect in 1910 for the US.