Jefferson has no available moves.
Clinton has no available moves.
Washington can only go to Carolina.
Jay has no available moves.
Jefferson has no available moves.
Clinton has no available moves.
Washington can only go to Georgia.
Nobody has any available moves.

I have confirmed that nobody has a relevant card they intend to play to change these results.  

I "think" this brings our tally to...

Washington 81
Jay 75
Jefferson 59
Clinton 50

But please feel free everyone to double check my math.

Assuming my math is correct...

Washington gains 3 popularity for being re-elected.  Jay gains 1 popularity as our new VP.  Jefferson gains a black ring for being a Presidential nominee who didn't win.  (Two black rings will mean he can never run for President or VP again -- but he can ditch the ring by refusing to run next time, if he's still liberal party leader).

Next, I deal out 7 cards to the player with the least Victory Points + Popularity cubes.  That player chooses one of the cards, then I pass the remaining 6 to the next player down the line, etc, until everyone has drawn one card. 

Nobody has any victory points yet (because nobody has died or retired, so their popularity cubes haven't been converted into VP yet).   So in order from fewest popularity cubes to most...

@themiddlepolitical: 0
@Hestia: 1 (tie breaker is fewest congressional votes)
@Pringles: 1
@WVProgressive: 1
@ConservativeElector2: 4
@Magnus Rex: 10

I have to head out for a bit, I'll deal the cards to @themiddlepolitical when I return.

Cards have been selected by all players! 

Next would be a phase where the party leaders control their respective newspapers -- but there are no party newspapers yet.  Phase skipped!

Now we have the player round.  

@Magnus Rex @ConservativeElector2 @themiddlepolitical @WVProgressive @Hestia @Pringles

You may do any/all of the following three options -- but you can only do each option once per round.

1)  "Make a Speech".  Spend an IP, choose one of your statesmen, and roll a die.  If it's a six, that statesman gets a popularity point.  If it's less than six, you can spend additional influence points to get it to reach 6 (1 IP = +1 to your roll).  

2)  "Whip Up Support".  Spend an IP, choose one of your statesmen, and roll a die.  If it's 1-2, nothing happens.  If it's 3-5, public support moves one step in favor of that statesman's party.  If it's a 6, public support moves two steps in favor of that statesman's party.

A note on public support:  Public support gives one party or the other advantage in the next election.  Support is currently +2 Conservative (thanks to choices made during Washington's first term).  There is no functional difference between +1 and +8 support...but if it ever reaches +9, Liberals will be blocked from running for President/VP until public support drops below +9 again.  If Conservative support reaches -1, that means Liberal support is +1.  

The party with public support gets to choose their VP last and their President and VP both move first.  These are the advantages of having public support -- you can choose your strategy based on what your opponent is doing.

3) "Fund Newspapers".  Choose one of your statesmen.  Spend two IP to create a newspaper for their party.  Or spend one IP to promote their party's paper to the next track, if a newspaper already exists (none currently do).  Creating a newspaper is a long term investment into a party's future.  There's no immediate benefit -- but regular investments in a paper can generate a ton of public support for a party in the long run.

We start with President @Magnus Rex.  What actions, if any, will you take?

Edited by MrPotatoTed

Note there are two kinds of Influence Points.

Faction influence -- these are held by the player, and can be used freely or given to others without restraint.

Statesman influence -- these can generally only be played one the statesman himself, or an issue he's directly involved in handling.  So, for example, Hamilton's influence point can be spent for Hamilton to make a speech, or for Hamilton to whip up support for his party, or for Hamilton to create or promote a newspaper for his party, or saved for some future issue that Hamilton might face. 

But @ConservativeElector2 can not spend Hamilton's influence point to have fellow Conservative John Quincy Adams make a speech, or to promote the newspaper of liberal George Clinton, even though Clinton and JQA are all controlled by @ConservativeElector2.  Statesmen are greedy, they'll only use their own personal IP to help themselves, their own party, or their own issues.

When spending an IP, I'll assume you want to spend the relevant statesman's IP (if they have any), because IP evaporates when a statesman dies or retires.  Thus, spending their IP instead of faction IP is usually the better move, when possible.  However, if you're working a strategy where you're trying to have that statesman keep as much IP as possible for whatever reason (perhaps to entice the President to give you a juicy cabinet post?), let me know you're spending the faction influence instead.