The Political Lounge

Founding Fathers: 1789 - ????

MrPotatoTed

On 6/22/2021 at 1:31 AM, Pringles said:

That's all from me...

But 6 6 6

😳😳😳😳😳

Proof that America is actually controlled by the Illuminati.

(Sorry, if my post is irrelevant, undesirable, etc., please delete it)

Edited by Timur
  • Haha 1

While we wait on @WVProgressive to vote on Tariff II (currently 25 aye, 0 nay), I can also queue up our next issue.

@ConservativeElector2 

ISSUE TWO

The death of President Washington, coupled with a collapsing France, emboldened the British to continue their pre-Revolutionary War occupation of the Northwest Territories (mostly Ohio) and support for the Native American tribes there as a buffer against US expansion.  This was in clear violation of the agreements reached in the wake of the war, clearly establishing their territory to be sovereign American land.  

President Washington had made several attempts to push the Natives out of the territory, mostly skirmishes led by then General Charles Coatsworth Pinckney, which tended to cost more American lives than Native.  Now with President Jay in charge and with Pinckney's brother Thomas now leading the Army, there were some who called for a more aggressive approach.  Of course, the army was made up mostly of young volunteers -- a more aggressive policy against the Natives would require significant training and weaponry...and might earn the ire of their British supporters.

Assuming @ConservativeElector2 supports his own plan, that's unanimous!

Tariff II goes into effect, adding a steady +20 to our revenue stream.  President Jay and @Hestia Secretary Pickering each gain +1 popularity for their hard work at improving our economic standing.

The budget isn't quite balanced yet, but it's close!  You now project only a $7 million debt by the next Presidential election.

@Hestia wont be able to create the tax unless he finds another 3 IP, so in the meantime @ConservativeElector2 let me draw your attention to Issue Two (the Northwest Indian War, above).

6 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

I don't see any options to choose from?

It's just resolve or fail.

If you want to resolve it, send it to General Pinckney.  Note that he'll need to spend 3 IP to rise to the occasion, and currently only has 2.

If you pass it to him and he spends 3 IP (only has 2 currently), you'll both get 2 popularity for winning the war.

If you pass it to him and he can't or won't spend 3 IP, you'll both lose 2 popularity for losing the war and the card gets shuffled into the next deck to be tried again some day.

Or you can protect him by not passing it to him and ignoring the war yourself.  This will still cost you 2 popularity, but the General won't lose 2 popularity.  

Edited by MrPotatoTed

5 minutes ago, MrPotatoTed said:

If you pass it to him and he spends 3 IP (only has 2 currently), you'll both get 2 popularity for winning the war.

Ideally I'd like to do this. If he can't borrow 1 IP I'd like to do this: If you pass it to him and he can't or won't spend 3 IP, you'll both lose 2 popularity for losing the war and the card gets shuffled into the next deck to be tried again some day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ConservativeElector2 said:

Ideally I'd like to do this. If he can't borrow 1 IP I'd like to do this: If you pass it to him and he can't or won't spend 3 IP, you'll both lose 2 popularity for losing the war and the card gets shuffled into the next deck to be tried again some day.

Ok, action to General @themiddlepolitical.  Note that you need 3 IP to win the war, and you currently only have 2. 

Just now, MrPotatoTed said:

@themiddlepolitical President @ConservativeElector2 offers his only IP if you're willing to spend your only two, to win this war.

I will get back to you in a couple...The general mulls.

• Like 1

Ok!  @ConservativeElector2 spends 1 faction IP, @ConservativeElector2 spends 2.  

President Jay and General Thomas Pinckney each gain 2 popularity for successfully winning the Northwest Indian War. 

Most Native American tribes flee the Ohio territory, and British forces quietly pull back into Canada again.  

Edited by MrPotatoTed

@ConservativeElector2

ISSUE THREE

Once upon a time, there was a slave.

The slave's name was Gabriel!

Gabriel was not like normal slaves.  Gabriel was learned -- he could read, he could write, and after a fair bit of studying, he had become quiet an accomplished carpenter and blacksmith.  His owner, Thomas, would let other white men rent Gabriel for their carpentry and blacksmithing needs.  Gabriel was permitted to keep a small bit of this money, but the majority, of course, went to Thomas, for Thomas owned Gabriel.

Gabriel, though still a slave, moved freely around Virginia, doing this rented out work for other slaveowners, and thus he gained a reputation as a hard-working, honest, and brave man among white folk and slaves alike.  

And thus his plan was hatched.  

Gabriel, as he visited these other plantations to do their carpentry and blacksmithing, would visit with the slaves and talk to them about freedom and rights.  The Governor of Virginia, Mr. Thomas of Jefferson, had once written that ALL men was created equal, and that they was endowed with certain unalienable rights, and amongst these rights was LIBERTY. 

The governor said so!    

But then the governor must of forgot.

Because, you see, the governor was owning slaves himself!

That didn't seem right.

So Gabriel told his plan to a thousand slaves or so, and then they started to march.

They began marching straight to Richmond.

Where they was gonna take Governor Jefferson.

And they was gonna keep him, until he remembered again.

Edited by MrPotatoTed