The Political Lounge

NFL Playtest 2: 1950-present

vcczar

Rezi @OrangeP47 @ebrk85 @matthewyoung123 @jvikings1 @ConservativeElector2 @mark2 @Bloot911 @Hestia @10centjimmy @Willthescout7 @Cal @vcczar @jnewt

Actually, this phase can be:

Coach Changes, Resignings, Cuts, and Trades

Let me know if you will do any of the following or not:

• Fire your coach: There's 5 options on the FA list. 
  • If you will resign all of your players: In the 1950s, you can automatically resign all of your players to another 1-year-contract. They can demand a trade (I used events for this), but free agency doesn't exist really. They're forced to play or retire. So just let me know if you are going to keep everyone or if you want to cut someone, even though there's no real reason to cut anyone. 
  • Let me know if you wish to trade anyone. I'd look at your reserve players at the bottom. They don't contribute to your team strength because they rarely play or don't play. You could offer one of them to a team in need of that position in exchange for a position that you need. Alternatively, you can trade a starter or backup for another starter or backup, obviously. 

I'll give you until Saturday for this. If MatthewYoung123 is the only one not responding, I'll assume he resigns everyone, keeps his coach, and doesn't seek trades. His team is fairly solid, so he doesn't need any major shakeup. 

Rezi @OrangeP47 @ebrk85 @matthewyoung123 @jvikings1 @ConservativeElector2 @mark2 @Bloot911 @Hestia @10centjimmy @Willthescout7 @Cal @vcczar @jnewt

We will do our NFL Draft for 1951 on Sunday. So you have until I wake up on Sunday to rank the draft picks in the DraftList tab. If you haven't done this, then I'll draft based on position vacancies. If the options available won't fill a vacancy, I'll fill a backup spot, rather than make a pick that will land someone on the reserve list.

• Like 1
  • Based 1

I went ahead and figured out who will get picks in each round. This way you don't have to rank for the rounds in which you aren't getting a notable draft pick. 

It's possible there may be a miscount, but I don't think there is one. Anyway. The number of picks matters less than the quality of the picks selected.

• Sad 1

On 4/27/2023 at 2:49 PM, vcczar said:

Actually, this phase can be:

Coach Changes, Resignings, Cuts, and Trades

Let me know if you will do any of the following or not:

• Fire your coach: There's 5 options on the FA list. 
  • If you will resign all of your players: In the 1950s, you can automatically resign all of your players to another 1-year-contract. They can demand a trade (I used events for this), but free agency doesn't exist really. They're forced to play or retire. So just let me know if you are going to keep everyone or if you want to cut someone, even though there's no real reason to cut anyone. 
  • Let me know if you wish to trade anyone. I'd look at your reserve players at the bottom. They don't contribute to your team strength because they rarely play or don't play. You could offer one of them to a team in need of that position in exchange for a position that you need. Alternatively, you can trade a starter or backup for another starter or backup, obviously. 

I'll give you until Saturday for this. If MatthewYoung123 is the only one not responding, I'll assume he resigns everyone, keeps his coach, and doesn't seek trades. His team is fairly solid, so he doesn't need any major shakeup. 

No change

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Willthescout7 said:

Internet mostly working again.

I get three picks, which rounds? Or am I ranking everyone?

Look at the "DraftList" And if you scroll to the right, you'll see a list of team names, not the first column of team names in Round A, because that's just the draft order. The pick order is to the right of that. 

On 4/27/2023 at 1:34 PM, vcczar said:

The 1951 NFL Season!!!!

Coach Replacements:

Teams that missed the playoffs. That is, everyone but the Top Hats and Cardinals can attempt to replace their coach. 

You all have 24 hours to let me know if you want to replace your coach or not. You won't be able to see the coach stats of new coaches until you make the exchance. I'm going to add any new/old coaches to the free agent tab. 

Might as well run out Hampton again, I mean the guy got stuck with a defense and special teams made up of paperboys so I don't really blame him for the season being mid

• Like 1

1951 NFL Draft!

ezi @OrangeP47 @ebrk85 @matthewyoung123 @jvikings1 @ConservativeElector2 @mark2 @Bloot911 @Hestia @10centjimmy @Willthescout7 @Cal @vcczar @jnewt

A Round

• SS Ken Konz is the 1st overall pick in the draft and is selected by the Pot Smokers @Rezi
  • WR Gene Schroeder - Colonels @jvikings1
  • DT Bud McFadin - Monarchs @Hestia
  • DT Jerry Groom - Knights @mark2
  • DT Bob Gain - Moose @Willthescout7
  • QB Bob Williams - Cardinals @OrangeP47
  • WR Kyle Rote - Top Hats (historical 1st overall pick) @10centjimmy

B Round

C Round

D Round

F Round

• MLB Walt Michaels - Pot Smokers
  • FS Will Sherman - Colonels
  • SS/P Billy Cox - Knights
  • CB Don Shula - Americans 
  • DE Andy Robustelli - Painted Buntings
  • CB/KR Carl Taseff - Moose
  • DE Gene Brito - Cardinals
  • MLB Fred Wallner - Pot Smokers
  • RB/KR Joe Arenas - Americans
  • WR/K Bobby Walston - Painted Buntings
  • T Herb Hannah - Moose
  • WR Ray Matthews - Yodelers
  • DT Volney Peters - Cardinals
  • T Tom Dahms - Pot Smokers
  • SS SJ Whitman - Colonels
  • OLB Larry Sanford - Mustaches
  • MLB Hardy Brown - Knights
  • G Dick Daugherty - Americans
  • FS Jack Butler - Viceroys
  • DE Art Tait - Rebels
  • FS Johnny Williams - Yodelers

It will take me a bit to process these. 

Cardinals @OrangeP47

Your team is set up with your rookies. I've removed the rookie tag from last year's rookies and put them on your new rookies. I've left peak, just because a player might peak again. Here's some executive decisions for you:

• 1st round rookie QB Williams is on your reserve. Would you rather him replace backup QB Celeri? Williams is at rookie abilities and not his base abilities at the moment. The one risk of keeping him on reserve is that you could get an event which takes him to the CFL, although it's rare.
  • You have a hard decision at DE. You have two DE slots and 3 DEs. Both of your rookies are better than you DE from last year, Bob Dove, who miraculously led the league in sacks and was an All Pro player!  I put the slightly better rookie, Brito, as the other starting DE and left Dove, just because he was great last year. However, there's no promise he'll have a repeat performance. I have your other rookie as a reserve. What you may want to do when I have trades is offer a specific trade for a position you need for one of your DE. I say specific because you'll more likely get an owner to bite. I feel like half the league hasn't the time to go through their roster and think about a trade block situation. So if you say, I'll trade, say, DE Dove for TE Chandnois (and tag owner), or something like that. You'll get a response. 
  • Your team's weak spot is pass defense. So you'll want CB, FS, and SS in any trade situation.