The Political Lounge

Era of Ideologies: Playtest from 1928

10centjimmy

Thank you all for your patience! Y'all made it pretty easy. So here we are:

Speaker: Sam Rayburn @Umbrella (gains leadership, 500 pts)

House Majority Leader: Cordell Hull @Umbrella (loses obscure, gains 250 pts)

House Majority Whip: Emanuel Celler @MrPotatoTed (gains +1 legis, manipulative, 100 pts)

1st Round

Emanuel Celler - 87

Harry Truman - 93

James Collier - 45

Norman Thomas - 76

2nd Round

Emanuel Celler - 132 (BlueRight voted for highest legislative power)

Harry Truman - 93

Norman Thomas 76

3rd Round 

Emanuel Celler - 208

Harry Truman - 93

House Minority Leader: Dewey Jackson Short @Murrman104  (gains propagandist and debater, 250 pts)

House Minority Whip:   James Wolfenden @ShortKing (gains debater, 100 pts)

Senate Majority Leader: Robert La Follette @ShortKing (loses obscure, gains +1 legis, manipulative, magician, 500 pts)

Senate Majority Whip: John J Blaine @matthewyoung123 (gains +1 legis, debater, 100 pts)

Senate Minority Leader: Carl Hayden @Umbrella (gains 250 pts)

Senate Minority Whip: Robert Wagner @MrPotatoTed (gains propagandist, 100 pts)

Edited by 10centjimmy
  • Based 2

@ShortKing can go ahead and name Senate Committee Chairs and Republican members (and place them in the Senate Leadership tab for me!)

@Murrman104 can go ahead and name the ranking Republican member and House committee members (and place them in the House Leadership tab for me!)

Once we get the House Majority Whip I'll tag the Dems for their membership.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 10centjimmy said:

@ShortKing can go ahead and name Senate Committee Chairs and Republican members (and place them in the Senate Leadership tab for me!)

@Murrman104 can go ahead and name the ranking Republican member and House committee members (and place them in the House Leadership tab for me!)

Once we get the House Majority Whip I'll tag the Dems for their membership.

Celler

• Thanks 1
  • Based 1

now actions to @Umbrella to name House Committee Chairs and Democratic members (and place them in the House Leadership tab for me!)

and @Umbrella to name Senate ranking Democratic member and Senate Committee members ((and place them in the Senate Leadership tab for me!)

You and @ShortKing please tag me when complete so I can roll for exp gain.

Also 100 pts to RedRight for having the PPT in George Moses!

3 hours ago, 10centjimmy said:

Senate Minority Leader: Carl Hayden @Umbrella (gains 250 pts)

Hayden can't get a roll to save his life.  Two terms as senate minority leader, one term as faction leader, and he's still obscure, which means I have to change my faction leader (and also my avatar). 😞

• Haha 1

Thanks for your work in coordinating across the committees. Gains are posted. Action to all to update committee and chair experience. @Largo833 @jnewt @Umbrella @MrPotatoTed @ShortKing @ebrk85 @matthewyoung123 @Murrman104

Also if anyone can help/jump in to update the History tab that would be awesome!

Next is Factions Leaders!  Lets shoot for 9pm tomorrow, Sunday.

Please let me know if you are keeping or swapping out your current faction leaders (as well as if your name is changing).  I believe @MrPotatoTed Joseph Robinson is ineligible. Also for Democrats/Blue Party, let me know if your faction leader will run for party leader!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Umbrella said:

I know you haven't asked for it yet, but I'll be out for most of tomorrow and don't want to hold anything up, so I think as my only non-obscure politician, I have to have Cordell Hull as my faction leader.  He will not run for party leader. 

House Majority Leader Hull gains debater and puritan.  Will you stay the Schoolbook Liberals?

9 minutes ago, 10centjimmy said:

Thanks for your work in coordinating across the committees. Gains are posted. Action to all to update committee and chair experience. @Largo833 @jnewt @Umbrella @MrPotatoTed @ShortKing @ebrk85 @matthewyoung123 @Murrman104

Also if anyone can help/jump in to update the History tab that would be awesome!

Next is Factions Leaders!  Lets shoot for 9pm tomorrow, Sunday.

Please let me know if you are keeping or swapping out your current faction leaders (as well as if your name is changing).  I believe @MrPotatoTed Joseph Robinson is ineligible. Also for Democrats/Blue Party, let me know if your faction leader will run for party leader!

I'll go with NY Governor Franklin Delano Roosevelt!  He'll aim for party leader.  We'll be the New Deal Democrats.

• Thanks 1

BlueRight

Switches to John Nance Garner, recently unemployed congressman from TX (does not have obscure).

Garner gains leadership, RW Activists, orator

They will remain the Justice Democrats

BlueRight endorses incumbent party leader @jnewt Huey P Long

RedRight

Keep Senate PPT George Moses

Moses gains technology

They will remain the Moderate Republicans

Edited by 10centjimmy
  • Like 1